Trouble with registering for C.C. Connections Party

mediaman

Howdy;

Last week I made full payment for my Celebrity Millenium cruise. It is confirmed by Celebrity and payment was via a travel agent group.

Now I wish to register for a listed CC Party but can't! Each time I submit my information, I get a message that says, "Only purchased bookings can register Cruise Critic Party." Celebrity confirms that I am a purchased booking, in full. This happens on the Celebrity website and through the Cruise Critic link. I am unable to register.

Today, 16 Aug. I spent 45 minutes with website help. They could not find the problem. It was recommended that a wait a few weeks and try again. "Maybe their system needs a while to associate the booking and payment with the Connections page," they guessed?

Now I wonder if this is happening to other members? Maybe we are losing members because they cannot confirm the Meet 'n Mingle?

This happened to me also about a month or so ago, but I was able to join at another time. But I had to keep attempting but not always on the same day, till one day it worked...Good luck to you..

It happened to me as well. Tried for a month. Celebrity couldn't figure it out (what a surprise!). Was finally able to register under my sister's name (she had already registered), but could never get registered under my name. Their computers don't seem to be able to cope with two people in one room who are not husband and wife.

Howdy;

Last week I made full payment for my Celebrity Millenium cruise. It is confirmed by Celebrity and payment was via a travel agent group.

Now I wish to register for a listed CC Party but can't! Each time I submit my information, I get a message that says, "Only purchased bookings can register Cruise Critic Party."

I could not even find the link to register for our CC party.

I have an login, can "manage my reservation" and have even completed on-line check-in for our cruise but nowhere can I find this CC party registration link..

Can anyone help?

Go to the cruise critic site (first page) and to the left there is an area to choose from click on the "register to attend a connections party" and this will take you directly to the Celebrity website "cruise critic connections". Just fill in info required and hope it works as sometimes you may have a problem especially if at the top of your reservation it does not say "booked". Good luck...

Go to the cruise critic site (first page) and to the left there is an area to choose from click on the "register to attend a connections party" and this will take you directly to the Celebrity website "cruise critic connections". Just fill in info required and hope it works as sometimes you may have a problem especially if at the top of your reservation it does not say "booked". Good luck...
Thanks. All I get is a re-direct to the X homepage. any suggestions? Thanks!

Go to the cruise critic site (first page)
The home page for Cruise Critic (http://www.cruisecritic.com) has no links I can see that say "register to attend a connections party", on the left or anywhere else. Could you post a link or screenshot? Thanks! I did finally find something about "Meet and Mingle" but clicking that just took me to Celebrity's home page.

Logged in and everything, still nothing I can see to click for the Connections party.

Help! Thanks.

The home page for Cruise Critic (http://www.cruisecritic.com) has no links I can see that say "register to attend a connections party", on the left or anywhere else. Could you post a link or screenshot? Thanks! I did finally find something about "Meet and Mingle" but clicking that just took me to Celebrity's home page.

Logged in and everything, still nothing I can see to click for the Connections party.

Help! Thanks.

Scroll up to the top of THIS page! You should see the link there.

Sue

I had the same problem, couldn't register for the Connections party. Tried every day for a week. Suddenly it worked. Celebrity's website is poorly designed, at best.

I still can not add my Captain's Club number to My Profile. I've tried for over a month. Every day I try again. I've verified the number with my TA. My TA has even tried to add it without success. I've finally sent off and email to the Captain's Club asking for assistance. From past experience, I might get an answer by the time I sail, 2 1/2 weeks from now......

I too, had mega problems trying to register for the Meet & Mingle. I tried numerous times a day for WEEKS... all I got was the PAGE NOT FOUND message from Celebrity. Tried to email them (no answer of course) and FINALLY after weeks.... it just worked. Thought they didn't like ME but I guess others have the same problem. The only thing different I did on the final day was check the email newsletters box - even though I already go them.

And, just recently, my traveling companion found she couldn't sign up for My Celebrity or Captain's Club. Phoned them on that and they say she's now in.... but to wait 72 hours for it to 'take effect' on the website.

Also read on another forum that sometimes - once onboard - the ship forgets to notify CC members of WHEN the party is. So, make sure you check at the desk a day or so after you sail to find out when it is.

Good luck.

Also read on another forum that sometimes - once onboard - the ship forgets to notify CC members of WHEN the party is. So, make sure you check at the desk a day or so after you sail to find out when it is.

Good luck.

Check with Guest Relations the same day you board the ship about the connections party. It's generally the following morning.

I had the same problem, couldn't register for the Connections party. Tried every day for a week. Suddenly it worked. Celebrity's website is poorly designed, at best.

I still can not add my Captain's Club number to My Profile. I've tried for over a month. Every day I try again. I've verified the number with my TA. My TA has even tried to add it without success. I've finally sent off and email to the Captain's Club asking for assistance. From past experience, I might get an answer by the time I sail, 2 1/2 weeks from now......

I recommend CALLING the Captain's Club. I've always found them to be very helpful.

I have been trying for months, and keep getting the same message as the original poster. Yet, we have had our booking numbers for our back-to-back for the same amount of time.....months, and have paid in full for the cruise while the CDN dollar was good....again, a couple of months.

I have also e-mailed Celebrity, and received no response other than the automated "we-got-your-message" reply.

Then, I called Captain's Club. Initially, the lady had no idea what I was talking about, then asked someone else, and the response was that they had no idea what was wrong.

Two days ago, I re-e-mailed. Got the automated reply.....am still waiting.

I like to pre-register when the numbers attending are below 25....they were when I started but are above that now on both cruises.....and I like having the information already in my cabin when I board. Yeah, like that's goin'a happen.

Bill

We are booked on a B2B the first half of October. I tried - unsuccessfully for weeks to register. One day i was able to register for the first leg, still unable to register for the second. I continue to get the same "Only paid reservations may book". We are paid in full, have emailed a few times, phoned Celebrity directly (they don't know what the problem is). I have alerted other members of our CC group and they promise to let me know when and where the party will take place. Very frustrating. I need to try to print our edocs to make sure that we can access the second set. Good luck!

Hi;

Well, it's a week since I made the final payment and I still can't register for the C.C. Connections meeting. The Celebrity link and this site's link are no help. Maybe my mistake was paying on Friday the Thirteenth? I guess that I'll keep trying. It's obvious that others have had a similar problem. I have been on another cruise line that will not directly share all of your reservation data when you book through an agent rather than directly with the cruise line. It does not seem to be here?

Archived