Ordered from Bon Voyage today

GAMOM4

Our cruise is Saturday, the 21st and I called Bon Voyage today and ordered a bottle of Absolut Citron and a bottle of Margaritaville Tequila. I had rum runners I purchased last year and have never used - but I decided if they were catching so many people not to take the chance - but the cost sure seemed high to me for those two bottles. I wanted a bottle of Peach Schnapps also - but it was $40.00 and it is $13.00 at the liquor store - so I said nevermind. I have never had Absolut Citron before (don't know why I didn't just order a plain Vodka) anyway what are some easy mixers I can take to go with it? Everytime I try to search it on the internet it brings up all these recipes for drinks with LOTS of ingredients - I don't want to carry tons of stuff - just a few good mixers. I think my husband is going to pick up a bottle of the pre-made margarita mixer from Wal-mart and a cup of the salt - so with a little lime from room service he should be good. If I had peach schnapps and cranberry juice and orange juice I could have my favorite drink on the cruise - Sex on the Beach.

They do have alot of things that aren't listed on the bon voyage liquor list they have - you just have to ask.

That is a good idea - I could go and buy me some peach schnapps and get me some Citron at the same time. I have never even tried Citron before. (unless that is the kind that they use on Carnival when they make the Sex on the Beach Drinks)

Our cruise is Saturday, the 21st and I called Bon Voyage today and ordered a bottle of Absolut Citron and a bottle of Margaritaville Tequila. I had rum runners I purchased last year and have never used - but I decided if they were catching so many people not to take the chance - but the cost sure seemed high to me for those two bottles. I wanted a bottle of Peach Schnapps also - but it was $40.00 and it is $13.00 at the liquor store - so I said nevermind. I have never had Absolut Citron before (don't know why I didn't just order a plain Vodka) anyway what are some easy mixers I can take to go with it? Everytime I try to search it on the internet it brings up all these recipes for drinks with LOTS of ingredients - I don't want to carry tons of stuff - just a few good mixers. I think my husband is going to pick up a bottle of the pre-made margarita mixer from Wal-mart and a cup of the salt - so with a little lime from room service he should be good. If I had peach schnapps and cranberry juice and orange juice I could have my favorite drink on the cruise - Sex on the Beach.

They do have alot of things that aren't listed on the bon voyage liquor list they have - you just have to ask.

I sail this Saturday too but on the Liberty and I forgot to call today! (again). I wonder if I can still order tomorrow..?

we just came off the freedom on saturday...ordered vodka from bon voyage and brought a few small bottles of cranberry juice with us, got limes fom the bar and we were all set...just sorry we didn't order a second bottle. lasted us for three days. It was worth the money as some drinks cost $10 or more, Enjoy!:)

Is there somewhere to go for a listing of stuff Bon Voyage sells? There is very little stuff on the website and in fact I only see wine as far as liquor. I don't know what I want so it will be hard to call them to ask, I would like to look over a list.

Is there somewhere to go for a listing of stuff Bon Voyage sells? There is very little stuff on the website and in fact I only see wine as far as liquor. I don't know what I want so it will be hard to call them to ask, I would like to look over a list.

You're the customer, don't be shy about keeping them on the phone for a few minutes.

we just came off the freedom on saturday...ordered vodka from bon voyage and brought a few small bottles of cranberry juice with us, got limes fom the bar and we were all set...just sorry we didn't order a second bottle. lasted us for three days. It was worth the money as some drinks cost $10 or more, Enjoy!:)

Did you just mix the vodka and cranberry juice and nothing else? I like cranberry jusice so I may get some of that also.

My wife picked up some packets of margirita mix like the crystal light packs. Just mix with water and Margaritaville Tequila and there you go. She got it at Food Lion. She tried it when she got home and said it was pretty good. I can't say cause I don't drink it.

Also here is a link that might be helpful as far as priceing

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=1220693

I've been enjoying Absolute and Oceanspray Diet Blueberry Pomegranite juice. 64 calories for the shot of vodka and 5 calories for the juice. The Oceanspray bottle is plastic, so it won't break. If you mix two shots of vodka and two equal parts juice, it makes a great blueberry pomegranite martini. Pic attached.

037.jpg.c10e10d09b0a2d32f33e45909bbb3526.jpg

You've got rum runners. Buy the $13.00 bottle of peach schnaaps and put it in your checked bag. If it gets through, you have sex on the beach. If not, no big loss.

I second that! You've got'em, might as well give'em a whirl :D

If you lose one, so what, it's being wasted sitting on a shelf anyway.

You're quite welcome. I tested it out first to make sure I liked it. So far I have tested it 8 times and liked it every time LOL. I suggest you run a "taste test" yourself.

This made me laugh so hard that tears were running down my cheeks -- and I've been diagnosed with dry eyes. Thanks for the best laugh I've had in a long time!! Have you tested this concoction more since then? Is it still good?? Silver

I am having a balcony party for some cruising friends on my October cruise. I ordered alcohol from BV and plan on bringing some mixers. Who do I ask for limes? I will need a decent amount.

(see folks, this will be my 13th cruise and I still have questions!)

Did you just mix the vodka and cranberry juice and nothing else? I like cranberry jusice so I may get some of that also.

I mix 1 part OJ, 2 parts cranberry juice of some sort, and 1 part 7up with vodka and ice. It is refreshing all year. I've used different kinds of cranberry juice combos and they are all good. During the holidays I use this mix combination as a punch with orange slices and cranberries frozen in an ice ring.

Archived