Chef table experience

worktocruise08

For any of you that have done the chefs table can you answer some of my questions,

how long was the total experience?

were you allow to take pictures of the galley and so forth?

For anyone on a ship that did this and did not have a steakhouse was this held in the MDR?

for non wine drinkers was there an option to obtain another type beverage?

im trying to decide if i really want to do this.

thanks

For any of you that have done the chefs table can you answer some of my questions,

For anyone on a ship that did this and did not have a steakhouse was this held in the MDR?

thanks

First... let me tell you the entire thing was BRILLIANT!

Next, it took nearly three hours...

No pictures in the galley. For that matter, we were not supposed to take pictures during the dinner!

We were on the Ecstasy... one of the first two ships to offer the Chef's Table. No steakhouse... our dinner was held in the Explorer's Library. Turned out to be quite elegant.

Can't help you on the non-wine drinker front. Everyone at out table drank wine and enjoyed it thoroughly...

:)

I can tell you that since John Heald offered to assist in pre-booking the Chef's Table and I added the information here that they have processed over 300 requests for reservations.

I did it on the Fascination last month. There are no pictures in the Galley, but they never said anything about us taking pictures during the meal. One guy took a lot and I took one of the dessert. Come to think of it, our waitress took some pictures for the guy as well.

The whole experience was about three hours and took place in the Library. They had it closed off with a 'Private Function" sign on the door. It was nice.

I don't drink alcohol and they got me some sparkling water with lime. I am sure I could have asked for about anything and the waitress would have gotten it. Trust me, they are there to accommodate you.

It was a great experience. I felt bad that there were only 6 of us at the table, but I guess it hasn't caught on yet.

Dear Host Mach . . . you have been so kind to answer my questions before, please answer one more. When I printed off our Chef's Table Confirmation, I suddenly realized that it was for December 26, 2010 on the Legend rather than our sailing on January 30, 2011. I immediately e-mailed the lady listed on the confirmation but I have not heard anything back and it has been 9 days so far. Unfortunately, due to the lasting effects of chemo brain, I cannot find my copy of the confirmation or I would resend another e-mail. What should I do now? If you could tell me the proper course of action, I would greatly appreciate it. Thanks for any help you can provide!

Dear Host Mach . . . you have been so kind to answer my questions before, please answer one more. When I printed off our Chef's Table Confirmation, I suddenly realized that it was for December 26, 2010 on the Legend rather than our sailing on January 30, 2011. I immediately e-mailed the lady listed on the confirmation but I have not heard anything back and it has been 9 days so far. Unfortunately, due to the lasting effects of chemo brain, I cannot find my copy of the confirmation or I would resend another e-mail. What should I do now? If you could tell me the proper course of action, I would greatly appreciate it. Thanks for any help you can provide!

Email me, please...

Mach, almost 2 months ago I put in two requests for The Chef's Table on John's website, I promptly received the one for our Miracle cruise, but have as of yet heard nothing regarding our Dream cruise, which is four days after our Miracle cruise in October this year. Should I re -submit my request? Could you please give me John's website in case. Thanks

Linda

Mach, almost 2 months ago I put in two requests for The Chef's Table on John's website, I promptly received the one for our Miracle cruise, but have as of yet heard nothing regarding our Dream cruise, which is four days after our Miracle cruise in October this year. Should I re -submit my request? Could you please give me John's website in case. Thanks

Linda

It seems that a few of these have dropped through the cracks for whatever reason... I suspect crew changes a being the prime culprit.

Here's John's blog:

www.johnhealdsblog.com

Thanks HM for the help.

I can understand the galley and no problem with that but hubby is a chef and the one thing they do is take pictures of the food dishes. for whatever reason., chef thing i guess lol

I guess I will order from the waitress if i decide to do this. im still debating the cost.

Probably just blind...but I don't see where to make a request/reservation for the Chef's Table. Can anyone help me? Thanks! :D

There isn't... Here's the procedure:

In order to process a reservation follow this from John Heald's blog thingy:

I would like to offer my help with reserving a table. This was a big decision for me to take because it actually will add a bit of work onto my schedule but because some of you have asked and because of the massive popularity that the Chef’s Table has, I decided to give my bloggers the first chance to reserve a place at the table. This is what I would ask.

1. In the Reply Section please write “CHEF’S TABLE RESERVATION NEEDED”

2. I will then need you to tell me the ship, the sailing date and your full name and state room number.

3. Please make sure your e mail address is included

4. Please give me as much prior notice as possible before sailing

One of the 344 Stephanies will send me the requests on Mondays and on Fridays and I will then send them to the ship. Your requests won’t be posted on the blog as they will include your e-mail address so please don’t place any other comments or questions in this posting which will also make it simple for me to read. Now, once the ships have received this request they will e mail a confirmation that will read like this.

Dear Tim and Diane,

Thank you for booking the Chef’s Table.

Your reservation request for 7 Guests is confirmed.

Should your plans change, please keep us advised at E MAIL ADDRESS WILL BE INCLUDED HERE FOR THE SPECIFIC SHIP

We look forward to serving you!

Your Steakhouse Hostess

Little Ed

Carnival Dream

If you are not familiar with John's blog you can find it here:

www.johnhealdsblog.com

Open the most recent entry, scroll all the way to the bottom and you'll see this:

comments.jpg

Enter the information, as requested, in the 'Leave a reply' box. Make sure you've entered your name and a valid email address. That's it!

You should get a confirmation in a week to ten days.

HM,

Thank you so much for the information (as always) and it's definitely appreciated.

One question a member of our party had was if you get a single glass of wine with dinner or if they crack open a few bottles or which?

I don't mind springing for a bottle or two for our group, but was just curious. ;)

HM,

Thank you so much for the information (as always) and it's definitely appreciated.

One question a member of our party had was if you get a single glass of wine with dinner or if they crack open a few bottles or which?

I don't mind springing for a bottle or two for our group, but was just curious. ;)

You will be presented with both red and white wines. The winery will vary by ship.

You're free to enjoy as much of either or both as you please. The cost of the wine is included with the meal.

HM,

What day of the cruise was the Chef's Dinner offered on the Ecstasy, do you remember?

Thanks,

E.

We did the five day... Progreso and Cozumel. It was offered on both nights that we were in our ports of call...

First... let me tell you the entire thing was BRILLIANT!

Next, it took nearly three hours...

No pictures in the galley. For that matter, we were not supposed to take pictures during the dinner!

We were on the Ecstasy... one of the first two ships to offer the Chef's Table. No steakhouse... our dinner was held in the Explorer's Library. Turned out to be quite elegant.

Can't help you on the non-wine drinker front. Everyone at out table drank wine and enjoyed it thoroughly...

I can tell you that since John Heald offered to assist in pre-booking the Chef's Table and I added the information here that they have processed over 300 requests for reservations.

Submitted a request for the Fascination on Saturday for my September cruise and just got the email this afternoon confirming my reservation. We are all very excited and I am very thankful for the procedure that John Heald set up and want to thank you for posting it! Just 1 more thing to look forward to now. :D

Submitted a request for the Fascination on Saturday for my September cruise and just got the email this afternoon confirming my reservation. We are all very excited and I am very thankful for the procedure that John Heald set up and want to thank you for posting it! Just 1 more thing to look forward to now. :D

Great news!

Thanks for letting me know!

What? No pics in the galley? Hmmmm.

Why is that I wonder?

Looking forward to our Chefs Table.

I think the ban on galley photos is a matter of safety, since the galley is in full swing with the first dinner seating and is very busy. I've taken pictures during the regular galley tours on the last sea day without a problem. At our Chef's Table dinner, our chef said we were welcome to take pictures during dinner, and I did.

Sorry, could someone explain what the Chef's Table is? Sounds interesting. Thanks

It's a new dining experience for Carnival. It's limited to twelve diners per evening over a maximum of two evenings.

Here's the menu from our experience with the Chef's Table:

ChefsTable.jpg

Everything on the menu is included along with your choice of red or white wine, as much as you care to drink.

The cost is $75/pp, gratuities not included...

The Maitre d' from one of the main dining rooms is in attendance and the Executive Chef presents each dish. At the end of the evening each diner is given a photo of the group and a copy of Carnival's Carnival Creations cookbook signed by the chef

Eight of us ladies just did the Chef's Table on the Ecstasy Sunday night. We had a fabulous time. We were offered this experience our first afternoon, as we were waiting in the Panorama for our cabins to be ready. No one took pictures in the galley, but we took all kinds of pictures during our dinner. Also, there were three non-drinkers in our group, and we were offered iced tea or water. The staff was very accommodating. By the way, we ate in the library, which looks out into the atrium. Chef Babu brought in a magician to entertain us and later brought our Maitre d', Freddy to visit with us, as we had enjoyed visiting with him every night at dinner. We would all do the Chef's Table again in a heartbeat.

Eight of us ladies just did the Chef's Table on the Ecstasy Sunday night. We had a fabulous time. We were offered this experience our first afternoon, as we were waiting in the Panorama for our cabins to be ready. No one took pictures in the galley, but we took all kinds of pictures during our dinner. Also, there were three non-drinkers in our group, and we were offered iced tea or water. The staff was very accommodating. By the way, we ate in the library, which looks out into the atrium. Chef Babu brought in a magician to entertain us and later brought our Maitre d', Freddy to visit with us, as we had enjoyed visiting with him every night at dinner. We would all do the Chef's Table again in a heartbeat.

Babu is excellent and did a great job with us as well...

I thought using the Explorer's Library was brilliant...

Ecstasy316.jpg

Ecstasy325.jpg

Ecstasy327.jpg

thanks

Janice, we are doing this in December onboard the Miracle. Got reservations for 8 but 2 decided not to do it. If you want to book our cruise, we would love to have you at our table. I bet Tom would love it.

I think the ban on galley photos is a matter of safety, since the galley is in full swing with the first dinner seating and is very busy. I've taken pictures during the regular galley tours on the last sea day without a problem. At our Chef's Table dinner, our chef said we were welcome to take pictures during dinner, and I did.

Ok, great. Thanks for the info.

Archived