Chef table experience

worktocruise08

I have a confirmation for the Chef's table in September on the Fascination. How do you know when to go? Do they give you information in your stateroom?

Thanks,

Brandon

They leave a very nice personalized invitation along with the menu for the evening in your cabin. The invitation includes the time and location to meet with the Executive Chef. This was our menu:

ChefsTable.jpg

:)

They leave a very nice personalized invitation along with the menu for the evening in your cabin. The invitation includes the time and location to meet with the Executive Chef. This was our menu:

ChefsTable.jpg

Thank you very much. It sounds amazing!

It's wrong...

I didn't mean to be short with that response but I wanted to find this email that I got from Sanjay Dhall, the gentleman who is resonsible for the Chef's Table on all Carnival ships:

Hi mach,

We have never included the gratuity in the price of chefs table.

It has always been optional..

Hope this helps.

Regards

Sanjay Dhall

I didn't mean to be short with that response but I wanted to find this email that I got from Sanjay Dhall, the gentleman who is resonsible for the Chef's Table on all Carnival ships:

Hi mach,

We have never included the gratuity in the price of chefs table.

It has always been optional..

Hope this helps.

Regards

Sanjay Dhall

Thanks for clearing that up.

Is there a reason why the Spirit doesn't have Chef's Table? My husband and I are celebrating our 10th anniversary in January on the Spirit and I would loooooooove to do Chef's Table!!!!

If you look at the list of Chef's Table ships you'll see that the Pride, Legend and Miracle all have the event. I'd bet dollars to donuts that the Spirit will have the Chef's Table available before your sailing.

Mach,

I have seen a different menu posted. It is just about the same as what you did, but it included shrimp instead of I think the Calamari. I am highly allergic to shrimp and I saw at some point people were asked if they were allergic to anything. Do you know something about this?

Also, do you know what kind of white and red wines they serve? For example, my DH is not a wine drinker, but he will drink some kinds of white wine. He does the ones on the sweeter side, ie Riesling. I am good with most reds so I don't think that what is served is one I would dislike.

I also read that cocktails were served with hors d'oeuvres before the actual dinner. Are there specific cocktails or can you order whatever you'd like?

Thanks for your answers.

Mach,

I have seen a different menu posted. It is just about the same as what you did, but it included shrimp instead of I think the Calamari. I am highly allergic to shrimp and I saw at some point people were asked if they were allergic to anything. Do you know something about this?

Also, do you know what kind of white and red wines they serve? For example, my DH is not a wine drinker, but he will drink some kinds of white wine. He does the ones on the sweeter side, ie Riesling. I am good with most reds so I don't think that what is served is one I would dislike.

I also read that cocktails were served with hors d'oeuvres before the actual dinner. Are there specific cocktails or can you order whatever you'd like?

Thanks for your answers.

It may have been the menu I posted - We had shrimp for one course, no calamari. The night before our dinner, the chef d'cuisine came to our table at dinner and asked us whether we had any special dietary requirements. When you make the reservation for the Chef's Table, I would let them know about your allergy.

I *think* the white wine was a Chardonnay. DH and I both had red - it was a Merlot.

Re cocktails - we had champagne with our appetizers in the galley.

Mach,

Thanks for your answers.

We did the Chef's Table on the Fascination in July. We had calamari, but I think some of the menus vary a little from one ship to another. The Chef came to our table in the MDR the evening before to introduce himself and ask if we had any allergies. There was one person at our Chef's Table that was lactose intolerant and they made some adjustments to her food to accommodate that.

Also, we were served a glass of champagne with the hors d'oeuvres before dinner. We were served the hors d'oeuvres during the galley tour.

Am I the only one who thinks this is overpriced? Especially on ships that have a supper club? I can have a fabulous meal and service, and sit at a table with just the people/person I am dining with for $30 in the supper club and that includes tip. I could bring a $5 bottle of wine from home, the same wine that Carnival sells for $25 or $30, and pay the $15 corkage and get out of there for a total of $40 per person for two. I just can't imagine this is that much better that it is almost double the price, before tip. It's a good option for the ships that don't have the supper club, but I can't seeing myself ever doing it on any of the newer ships.

Janice, we are doing this in December onboard the Miracle. Got reservations for 8 but 2 decided not to do it. If you want to book our cruise, we would love to have you at our table. I bet Tom would love it.

Hi Brenda, Tom doesnt know about this so im hoping its a secret until the night before

I would jump on the chance to do the Miracle again but december just doesnt work for us as vaction schedules at my work dont alot for to many to be off due to holidays and the calendar is packed now. this is also to close to the destiny AI in january.

Kujobie- yes i do believe its overpriced.. but i also believe life is about expiencing different things at least once. I am willing to pay this cost once but yes that will be my limit, i can then state I have been there and done that. What i think is crazy is someone forking over 30 bucks to eat in a steakhouse when the food in the MDR is perfectly find. I have done this twice and still wondering why. $30 could be used on something more fun and enjoyable then a 2 hr steak dinner.IMHO. im not flaming you for doing this only stating that i feel the same way about the SH that you do about the CT

Hi Brenda, Tom doesnt know about this so im hoping its a secret until the night before

I would jump on the chance to do the Miracle again but december just doesnt work for us as vaction schedules at my work dont alot for to many to be off due to holidays and the calendar is packed now. this is also to close to the destiny AI in january.

Kujobie- yes i do believe its overpriced.. but i also believe life is about expiencing different things at least once. I am willing to pay this cost once but yes that will be my limit, i can then state I have been there and done that. What i think is crazy is someone forking over 30 bucks to eat in a steakhouse when the food in the MDR is perfectly find. I have done this twice and still wondering why. $30 could be used on something more fun and enjoyable then a 2 hr steak dinner.IMHO. im not flaming you for doing this only stating that i feel the same way about the SH that you do about the CT

To me, it all about the atmosphere and the Ribeye. You can't get a 16 oz. Ribeye in the MDR. And the CT doesn't even have the atmosphere. You're still sitting at a communal table just like in the MDR. I just don't get it.

Am I the only one who thinks this is overpriced? Especially on ships that have a supper club? I can have a fabulous meal and service, and sit at a table with just the people/person I am dining with for $30 in the supper club and that includes tip. I could bring a $5 bottle of wine from home, the same wine that Carnival sells for $25 or $30, and pay the $15 corkage and get out of there for a total of $40 per person for two. I just can't imagine this is that much better that it is almost double the price, before tip. It's a good option for the ships that don't have the supper club, but I can't seeing myself ever doing it on any of the newer ships.
It's not something I'd do on every cruise, just as I wouldn't do the "Behind the Fun" tour on every cruise. It's an experience, and to me it was well worth the price. I think it's a case of "to each his own." I find the spa overpriced and of little interest to me, so I've never done a spa treatment on a cruise. But if that's how someone wants to spend money, go and enjoy!

Trying to Plan Birthday Cruise for hubby for Jan. Can anyone tell me the ships the Chefs Table is offered on.

Looking at 5 day from TPA Inspiration or 4 day from MIA Imagination.

Jan 1st,2011. Are there any car rentals near TPA port that offers shuttle service to and from Port if any can help me on that one.

The Chefs table sounds great and would really like to surprise him.

Thanks

Chris:)

Trying to Plan Birthday Cruise for hubby for Jan. Can anyone tell me the ships the Chefs Table is offered on.

Looking at 5 day from TPA Inspiration or 4 day from MIA Imagination.

Jan 1st,2011. Are there any car rentals near TPA port that offers shuttle service to and from Port if any can help me on that one.

The Chefs table sounds great and would really like to surprise him.

Thanks

Chris:)

I can tell you that both those ships DO offer the chefs table. However, I cant help you with the car rental shuttle service sorry,.

Thank you to Mach and all the CC people for keeping this conversation going. Even with my above post of disappointment, Carnival came through with a confirmation at the Chef's table with our time upcoming on the Conquest. We are so excited. Thank you

I am assuming we can book once aboard? We are leaving on Tuesday so I'll not have time to pre-book.

We have done the chefs dinner on NCL and really enjoyed it. They hold theirs in the dinning room on a special seperate table. It was a wonderful experience (we were allowed to take pictures in the Galley) and they had this amazing dessert surrounded by spun sugar. They took a picture of each couple with the chef (we lucked out and got the head of all the ships) as well as a group photo and both were in our hands before we left along with a personal note and siguature in the cookbook.

It is a bit costy but it is a fun, unique experience and if you drink A LOT of wine it shaves a lot of the price LOL The cookbook is probably around $30 as well.

I have a friend that attends them on every sailing because she really enjoys them but really 1 time is probably enough.

Since this is a different line, and we are sailing with friends who have never attended one, we would thought it would be a nice experience to enjoy together - IF we can book once we get on board.

I am assuming we can book once aboard? We are leaving on Tuesday so I'll not have time to pre-book.
When you board, check for a table in the lobby taking reservations for the supper club. They'll take the reservations for the Chef's Table as well. If you're on a ship that doesn't have a supper club, check with the Formalities shop onboard.

Archived