Chef table experience

worktocruise08

Thanks fo all the infomation on this thread, we decided to go for it. Followed the instructions about John's bog & made the request on Sunday. Got our confirmation on Tuesday, great service & now we do not have to rush to make sure we get it. Thanks again. Vicki

I forgot to ask, does anyone know what day the Dinner is? I saw it was not on formal night, only one, this is a 5 day cruise + that will be Halloween. I am guessing we should be al little better dressed, would formal be too much?

We are sailing Dream on 1/22/11 and I have also emailed John H. to hopfully enjoy this experiance...does anyone know if you have to have your cruise paid in full to be added to the Reservation list?

Thanks for any info!

Nope... you need a ship... a sailing date... a name and a cabin number...

:D

Received our confirmation for our Splendor cruise in

September. Can't wait for the experience with all we have read on this board. Will post how it went when we return.

You'll have a BRILLIANT time!

I LOVE the Splendor and I'm sure that the Chef's Table will be the crowning glory of a magnificent vacation...

Please tell John I said hi.

:)

I forgot to ask, does anyone know what day the Dinner is? I saw it was not on formal night, only one, this is a 5 day cruise + that will be Halloween. I am guessing we should be al little better dressed, would formal be too much?

Does anyone know what night the dinner is on the Ecsasy 5 day cruise?

Looking forward to the Chef's Table on the Fascination next month (thanks again to John & Mach)...

Got a question that I am not 100% sure has been asked/answered (although it probably has somewhere)...

If we decide not to do the Table - are we out any $? Will they try to find us on board & remind us about the reservation that evening?

There is a possibility that we may not do it (she doesn't know about it yet)...

Looking forward to the Chef's Table on the Fascination next month (thanks again to John & Mach)...

Got a question that I am not 100% sure has been asked/answered (although it probably has somewhere)...

If we decide not to do the Table - are we out any $? Will they try to find us on board & remind us about the reservation that evening?

There is a possibility that we may not do it (she doesn't know about it yet)...

The charge will not be applied to your Sail & Sign account until the end of the meal.

Having said that, if you elect to not participate let the Maitre d' know so that your spots can be made available for other passengers.

Hey Mach.........I know this has been posted.....what ships offer the "Chef's Table"?

Thanks,

Dave

Here's the current list, Dave...

Chef’s table

Dream

Ecstasy

Liberty

Sensation

Imagination

Inspiration

Pride

Fascination

Freedom 7/17/10

Legend 7/25/.10

Conquest 8/4/10

Glory 8/9/10

Miracle 9/19/10

Paradise 9/13/10

Splendor 9/19/10

See they added the Conquest ......Does anyone know what night the dinner would be on the Conquest? We are sailing her on Sept.12, & that Friday night sailing out of Cozumel will be my birthday. The Chefs Table would be better than the Steakhouse, which is what we had planned.

See they added the Conquest ......Does anyone know what night the dinner would be on the Conquest? We are sailing her on Sept.12, & that Friday night sailing out of Cozumel will be my birthday. The Chefs Table would be better than the Steakhouse, which is what we had planned.

I don't rightfully know...

I'm guessing it depends on which night is Elegant Evening. As the fare in main dining is kicked up a notch on Elegant Evening they don't want the Chef's Table to compete with that.

Doing the Western itinerary your last Elegant Evening SHOULD be Thursday which gives you a fair shot at the Chef's Table being conducted on Tuesday and Friday!

Here's the current list, Dave...

Chef’s table

Dream

Ecstasy

Liberty

Sensation

Imagination

Inspiration

Pride

Fascination

Freedom 7/17/10

Legend 7/25/.10

Conquest 8/4/10

Glory 8/9/10

Miracle 9/19/10

Paradise 9/13/10

Splendor 9/19/10

AW shucks.......was hoping the Fantasy had been added...........we're on her next week. Thanks for posting, Mach

Just wanted to add my DW and my experience to the chef's table. We have to say that it has to be one of the more enjoyable dining experiences that we have ever had. Our group was the 1st to be selected on the GLORY. If you get a chance go for it you won't regret it.

Ok, not to sound gauche here or anything, but is the tip included in the $75/person fee or do the waiters that evening get the $3.50/person tip from the pre-paid tips that night or which?

I remember the tip was factored into the price when we dined at The Point (Steakhouse) on the Carnival Conquest last January, but haven't seen anything to that effect on any of the postings for the Chef's Table Experience.

Any help/knowledge would be appreciated! :o

First... let me tell you the entire thing was BRILLIANT!

Next, it took nearly three hours...

No pictures in the galley. For that matter, we were not supposed to take pictures during the dinner!

We were on the Ecstasy... one of the first two ships to offer the Chef's Table. No steakhouse... our dinner was held in the Explorer's Library. Turned out to be quite elegant.

Can't help you on the non-wine drinker front. Everyone at out table drank wine and enjoyed it thoroughly...

I can tell you that since John Heald offered to assist in pre-booking the Chef's Table and I added the information here that they have processed over 300 requests for reservations.

Mach .. I thought you had to wait till you boarded to get this .. is there a way to pre book it ? I sail in 10 days.

Nope... you need a ship... a sailing date... a name and a cabin number...

:D

Darn, no cabin assignment yet. Would love to get a chance to do this for my wife and I's anniversary but our PVP said there was a chance we would not have a room assignment until the sail date. Here is hoping to a room assignment soon.

Ok, not to sound gauche here or anything, but is the tip included in the $75/person fee or do the waiters that evening get the $3.50/person tip from the pre-paid tips that night or which?

I remember the tip was factored into the price when we dined at The Point (Steakhouse) on the Carnival Conquest last January, but haven't seen anything to that effect on any of the postings for the Chef's Table Experience.

Any help/knowledge would be appreciated! :o

No, tips are not included in the $75 and the wait staff who serve the Chef's Table don't get anything extra out of the tip pool so tip as you feel the service deserves.

Mach .. I thought you had to wait till you boarded to get this .. is there a way to pre book it ? I sail in 10 days.

In order to process a reservation follow this from John Heald's blog thingy:

I would like to offer my help with reserving a table. This was a big decision for me to take because it actually will add a bit of work onto my schedule but because some of you have asked and because of the massive popularity that the Chef’s Table has, I decided to give my bloggers the first chance to reserve a place at the table. This is what I would ask.

1. In the Reply Section please write “CHEF’S TABLE RESERVATION NEEDED”

2. I will then need you to tell me the ship, the sailing date and your full name and state room number.

3. Please make sure your e mail address is included

4. Please give me as much prior notice as possible before sailing

One of the 344 Stephanies will send me the requests on Mondays and on Fridays and I will then send them to the ship. Your requests won’t be posted on the blog as they will include your e-mail address so please don’t place any other comments or questions in this posting which will also make it simple for me to read. Now, once the ships have received this request they will e mail a confirmation that will read like this.

Dear Tim and Diane,

Thank you for booking the Chef’s Table.

Your reservation request for 7 Guests is confirmed.

Should your plans change, please keep us advised at E MAIL ADDRESS WILL BE INCLUDED HERE FOR THE SPECIFIC SHIP

We look forward to serving you!

Your Steakhouse Hostess

Little Ed

Carnival Dream

If you are not familiar with John's blog you can find it here:

www.johnhealdsblog.com

Open the most recent entry, scroll all the way to the bottom and you'll see this:

comments.jpg

Enter the information, as requested, in the 'Leave a reply' box. Make sure you've entered your name and a valid email address. That's it!

You should get a confirmation in a week to ten days.

Just a quick question for Mach....

I already got my reservation for my January cruise but my cabin changed (upgrade). Do I need to notify the steakhouse person that sent me my confirmed reservation or should I send a whole new request to John?

Just a quick question for Mach....

I already got my reservation for my January cruise but my cabin changed (upgrade). Do I need to notify the steakhouse person that sent me my confirmed reservation or should I send a whole new request to John?

Email the individual who handled your booking for the Chef's Table. Include the OLD cabin number, your name and sailing date then notify him/her of the change in cabin number...

No, tips are not included in the $75 and the wait staff who serve the Chef's Table don't get anything extra out of the tip pool so tip as you feel the service deserves.

Host Mach - I found this on Carnival

http://www.carnival.com/cms/Images/ccluk/Onboard_12_May_2010.html Onboard With Carnival the May 14, 2010 issue.

It says the $75 includes wine and gratuity.

Archived