Carnival Spirit cruisers

mared1

I see you have done a review, but it has not been posted yet. I'm getting a little nervous because in the recent reviews I have read, not many good things have been said. Somebody posted that they just got back and could not wait to get off the ship as it was so awful. Most common complaint is cold food, dirty bathrooms, rude crew, etc. This will be our family's 3rd Carnival cruise (Mom and Dad in 40's with 2 boys aged 11 an 9) and we absolutely loved the Conquest cruise we took to eastern Mexico.

Should we be nervous? Does Carnival take these complaints seriously?

Thanks!

Hi, a group of ten of us were on the 1/12/05 Spirit cruise. We did not make it to Acapulco. Because of a medical emergency, the ship spent the night and day in Puerto Vallarta instead. Our group had a chance to depart the ship in Puerto Vallarta using the Carnival Vacation Guarantee but were having such a good time we decided to remain. It seemed that very few people left the cruise in Puerto Vallarta.

It was a very good cruise. The food was at about the same or better standards as Princess and RCCL. Ship was clean and very well maintained. We really enjoyed the shows. I have taken many cruises on Princess and RCCL and this was our second on Carnival after five years. I would rate this cruise as good as any I have taken in the past few years. The only rude crew members that I encountered were at the pursers desk. I sent Carnival a letter describing how badily I was treated several times by different purser's staff while trying to resolve a simple problem. I was very nice and had never been treated like this before. I have yet to receive a response from Carnival.

I'm sure you and your family will enjoy this cruise.

Mike

I wouldn't be nervous - we had a great time - the food in the dining room was good and our wait staff were terrific - also the cabin stewart was good. In fact we didn't encounter any rude people at all. The ship was continually being cleaned - we would see people wiping the bannisters, etc. This was our 4th Carnival cruise and we really did enjoy it! I am sure you will, too.

We were on Spirit over Christmas. Hadn't been on Carnival for several years, and I have to agree with Imike above - it was a great cruise and we were all pleasantly surprised. We're booking b/b cruises to Hawaii in the fall we like it so much. I have to disagree about the purser's desk, though. Funny, we thought they had about the best purser staff we've had contact with. Just like most situations I guess it just depends on who happens to be on duty when you have a problem. Enjoy!!

We were on the Carnival Spirit's Thanksgiving cruise and we found it to be so great that we are booked to sail on the Spirit again on March 17th.

The food was great in the dining room and the specialty restaurant was beyond compare. Our only complaint in the dining room was that the families with small children allowed them to run wild - climbing the curtains, knocking over chairs, throwing silverware...some even brought a pile of toys so the kids could play on the dining room floor. I understand that its tough to travel with small kids, but it is incredibly disruptive and rude to the other diners. It was also very difficult for the wait staff to work safely around - and they never lost their patience.

Our room steward was very good and the ship seemed very clean and orderly. We found one of the production shows only so-so but the second one was excellent.

We have had bad experiences when the staff is rude and unhelpful and I realize that this can ruin your cruise - but we had a remarkably good Carnival experience on the Spirit. I hope we have a repeat performance in March!

• 5 months later...

Carnival Spirit is by far one of the best Carnival Ships I have sailed on, and I sailed on her twice, Once in the Carribbean with CD Michael Mullane and his wife Jenni and again in the Mexican Rivera.. This ship is simply beautiful and the Crew and Capt. are from the Highest standards in the Cruiseline world. Dont worry about those hatters, You will have a great time on the Spirit. :)

The ship is Very Clean, Great Service and awesome food. take the Galley tour if you can.

Fred

I LOVE THE SPIRIT. so much so, that i have booked my third cruise on her for the mexican riviera ( and this will only be my third cruise ). i have never seen any dirty parts of the ship, the food is superier and always hot or cold acording to how it is suppost to be served both in the lido and dining room. room service is excelent and the cabin stewards are the best and hardest workers i have ever seen. it is by far the easiest ship to find your way around in. and the staff is super. they always have a smile on thier faces and they work so hard to cater to your every whim or wish. it is a beautiful ship and i cant imagine anyone not being happy on her .

dont be nervous. go and have a great cruise. i cant wait for mine to get here again.

I see you have done a review, but it has not been posted yet. I'm getting a little nervous because in the recent reviews I have read, not many good things have been said. Somebody posted that they just got back and could not wait to get off the ship as it was so awful. Most common complaint is cold food, dirty bathrooms, rude crew, etc. This will be our family's 3rd Carnival cruise (Mom and Dad in 40's with 2 boys aged 11 an 9) and we absolutely loved the Conquest cruise we took to eastern Mexico.

Should we be nervous? Does Carnival take these complaints seriously?

Thanks!

everyone has their own apinion about the ship they are on, but i cant beleive they are talking about the same ship. the spirit is a very clean, fun and a wonderful ship. im sorry they did not like the ship but i for one am very happy with it and cant wait to get back on her. only a year and a half to go :mad: . i wish it were sooner.

Archived