Flying from Buffalo southwest

4canucks

Anyone a frequent flyer with SW, have any suggestions with respect to booking cheap flights to Lauderdale? Does Southwest have specific days

where they have a seat sales? Flying in Feb and just checking into flights now.

Thankx

Anyone a frequent flyer with SW, have any suggestions with respect to booking cheap flights to Lauderdale? Does Southwest have specific days

where they have a seat sales? Flying in Feb and just checking into flights now.

Thankx

Southwest has great prices on their website.

A heads up in case you are thinking of flying the day of....

We had friends that drove over to Buffalo for the flight to FLL the day of sailing. The flight ended up not making it due to a mechanical issue and landed at another airport.

Another plane was found and they made it with minutes to spare before sailing. Scary. :)

Go to their website and sign up for their specials to be emailed to you. I get an email from them every Tuesday for the deals of the week. Just pay attention to the dates, sometimes you have to book by the following Thursday.

Excellent this is exactly the info I was looking for as a Spirit air member they run specials but I am tired of paying for bags..I also always travel a day or 2 before..

Much appreciated folks.

SW internet fares through Feb are out now . My TA booked us yesterday from Chicago to Ft Lauderdale for our Feb cruise, don't wait, it usually doesn't get any cheaper. If fares drop, rebook and SW will give you credit for the difference. Fewer non stops and even directs this year than last.

If you're checking Buffalo, you may as well try Rochester as well. It's only about an hour further and we are in the top 10 lowest airfare in the county. No SW, but we have JetBlue and Airtran. I'm on the Ruby in Feb too and am just starting to price out airfare. Good luck!

We booked ours for Feb cruise 1st thing Tuesday morning when the new

schedule opened up. That was at 7 :30 and in the short time while I was

looking and booking, some flights at the lowest fares were sold out very

quickly , and the ones that remained went up within the hour to the top

range.

When you are on the Southwest page with the flights you want pulled up,

click on the area that says 'check all lowest fares available' or something

similiar to that verbage. It will show you the lowest fares on a calendar for the entire month that way. If you can be flexible with your dates to fly, you may pick up something better that way.

When in Feb do you cruise?

Sherri

If the weather isn't bad in other cities, flying out of Buffalo won't be a problem. Western NY is very used to it and the airports do an amazing job keeping the runways clear. We flew out of Rochester during that huge storm at the end of February for our last cruise and not only got out of town, but got to Miamia early! You'll be fine flying out a day before.

Feb in Buffalo? Better book 2 days in advance of the cruise.

So true....so many times, Buffalo is NOT the problem...its other cities that cannot handle the weather...Buffalo's airport remains operational in weather systems where other major airports close down...I have been delayed in a flight out of Buffalo due to 2 inches of snow settled in Atlanta....

we're also cdns flying out of buffalo to fort lauderdale in feb. SW just posted their extended schedule (to Mar 11) this past Tues. Fares are quite reasonable for the end of Feb. and there are often 3-day sales between now and then. you can always book your trip now and then exchange it for the lower fare. The difference will be deposited in your account and can be used for future flights up to one year...no fee to exchange.

Archived