Access America.. something good

Stakeout

just wanted to pass on to the board a 'positive note' about this company... been using them for a while now for travel insurance... we had back to back Maasdam Caribbean cruises booked for Oct 22 and Nov 2 ... saw that the all-in-one 21 day cruise had a much cheaper price after we originally booked so we switched starting on the same date...

now we had two AA policies from the previous back to back that were now canceled and replaced by the full 21 day cruise ...... wasn't sure what to do so I called them...mainly to make sure we'd be covered... they were great about it... normally once a policy is issued for more than 10 days no cancellations are allowed...

the agent took it upon himself and checked with his supervisor... and told me that they canceled the second policy giving me a full refund of $192.. and altered the first policy to extend it to 21 days--- plus added on the additional charges of $62 for the new 21 day policy

all I asked them originally was what was the best course of action.. they took it upon themselves to make any of these adjustments....

for this our hats are off to Access America... they are e-z to deal with

( we have no connection to them.. just wanted everyone to know )

I just went through the insurance process for a newly booked cruise.

Access America Comprehensive Plan is the only one that provides primary coverage. There standard policy does not.

IMPORTANT -- However on the Comprehensive Plan they do make one exclusion, if you are on a Government program (Medicare) -- this is excluded. (ie. Medicare remains your primary).

It was difficult to find their policy details on their site.

Thanks.

We aren't on Medicare yet but I've read here very often Medicare does not pay outside the U.S. so does that mean Access America does not pay at all? Medicare isn't primary if it doesn't pay at all anywhere but in U.S.?

Thanks.

We aren't on Medicare yet but I've read here very often Medicare does not pay outside the U.S. so does that mean Access America does not pay at all? Medicare isn't primary if it doesn't pay at all anywhere but in U.S.?

I am probably misinterpreting that it excludes Medicare. But their policy is loaded with similar vague (open to interpretation) language

Examples --

"This is primary coverage, if you are eligible for benefits under a government funded program other than Medicaid, you don't qualify for this coverage"

On Coverage --

"you have a sudden, unexpected illness or injury that is life threatening or could cause serious irreparable harm if it isn't treated" - meaning if your sick and it is not life threatening no coverage???

We have been dealing Access America for years. About 3 years ago we had to leave the ship in Grand Cayman for a medical reason (Ship's Doctors orders), and Access America picked up the bills for everything, and that was when we had Medicare coverage in the States.

They took care of everything without a problem, in a friendly, timely, and professional manner....Carol:)

Archived