Guy’s Driftwood Boat Bar

tcworld

at the bar across the sand.

The storm surge and wind from hurricane Earl just got done pounding the island - I hope there is still some sand on the beach and the beach bars survived okay. Probably all the sand is up on the road and on the runway - they should get the airport open right away and we hope the island has suffered minimal damage.

The storm surge and wind from hurricane Earl just got done pounding the island - I hope there is still some sand on the beach and the beach bars survived okay. Probably all the sand is up on the road and on the runway - they should get the airport open right away and we hope the island has suffered minimal damage.

It's open.

KLM has already landed their 747 KL785 from Amsterdam.

Arrival Status Details

Airport: (SXM) Princ. Juliana Airport Saint Maarten, AN

Scheduled: 12:10 PM - Tue Aug 31, 2010

Actual: 2:11 PM - Tue Aug 31, 2010

Arrived at gate 121 min later than scheduled

gary

St. Martin News Network reports:

The Sunset Beach Bar suffered significant damage as the waves were beating into the restaurant balcony and sitting area.

gary

Ok, nevermind. I finally found the search button on the site:

http://www.smn-news.com/st-maarten-st-martin-news/4829-hurricane-earl-leaves-major-clean-up-for-st-maarten-political-paraphernalia-a-significant-eye-sore-and-unnecessary-work-for-clean-up-crew.html

Gary, do you know if any of those pictures are of the Sunset Beach Bar they posted?

Archived