Good morning from the Dawn

cs

darrengs

agree with what you just posted. i was on the cruise with you and share your anger and cannot stand those that comment although they do not have all the facts

if indeed they magically have enough power to ride behind the storm when did the magicians on board fix the engine

?

If you guys put this out here on CC it is open for comments.

darrengs

agree with what you just posted. i was on the cruise with you and share your anger and cannot stand those that comment although they do not have all the facts

if indeed they magically have enough power to ride behind the storm when did the magicians on board fix the engine

?

Anger?

"Lighten up, Francis".:p

Well I assume the Dawn is safe and sound in Bermuda today. Everyone enjoy your time there and I hope you get sunshine and perhaps just a slight breeze.

Darren

I hope the same for them all.

I traveled to work today with someone who was on the Dawn last week and I'll tell you this, he and his wife and young son had a ball. He didn't complain about ANYTHING. Yeah, he was disappointed that they lost a day in Bermuda, but man was he raving about the whole trip. :)

The Dawn has engine problems too? I had read that the Jewel had engine problems causing it to miss port of Corner Brook. What's wrong with the Dawn?

Currently the Dawn has an engine problem and the Jewel has an Azipod problem. Both require reduced speeds that may cause itinerary changes? We are booked on the Dawn on Sept. 19th and on the Jewel on Feb. 2nd. Decisions, decisions? Hope we get enough information in time to make the right decision?

I hope the same for them all.

I traveled to work today with someone who was on the Dawn last week and I'll tell you this, he and his wife and young son had a ball. He didn't complain about ANYTHING. Yeah, he was disappointed that they lost a day in Bermuda, but man was he raving about the whole trip. :)

Yeah, we had a good time as well, my kids were disappointed about not being able to do the helmet dive, and my disappointment was more with the communication of the changes and the don't bother asking any questions attitude.

As Matt the CD said "ship happens"!

Darren

Currently the Dawn has an engine problem and the Jewel has an Azipod problem. Both require reduced speeds that may cause itinerary changes? We are booked on the Dawn on Sept. 19th and on the Jewel on Feb. 2nd. Decisions, decisions? Hope we get enough information in time to make the right decision?

We were told last week that we had to leave Bermuda a day earlier than scheduled and would arrive in NYC an hour later than scheduled due to the engine problem. From what I am reading this week they were told that they have plenty of power to handle the itinerary, so perhaps the latter is true and there will be no problems. Hopefully the problems will be fixed by then making the whole thing moot.

Darren

We were told last week that we had to leave Bermuda a day earlier than scheduled and would arrive in NYC an hour later than scheduled due to the engine problem. From what I am reading this week they were told that they have plenty of power to handle the itinerary, so perhaps the latter is true and there will be no problems. Hopefully the problems will be fixed by then making the whole thing moot.

Darren

I hope they have that thing fix by April 2011 :mad:

The Azipod will require a drydock which has been scheduled for late November with the delay waiting for parts. The piston can be fixed aboard the ship without a drydock, but its parts should be available soon... Both ships will most likely be fixed before the end of the year. I wouldn't worry about any cruises booked for next year with these mechanical problems. :D

I know many are worried they will lose some time ashore. The shore excursion personnel are aware of the mechanical difficulties, and just about all of the long excursions can easily trim an hour or two from any planned excursion... While the shorter excursions can easily delay the start or end of an excursion to meet the arrival or departure of a ship... I wouldn't worry much over shore excursions...

However, I am sure no one wants to miss an hour or two from a Disney World excursion at Port Canaveral... Frankly I could spend a few days at Disney World. If Disney World was your major anticipation, maybe booking a few days of a land vacation there would be a better idea...

The Azipod will require a drydock which has been scheduled for late November with the delay waiting for parts. The piston can be fixed aboard the ship without a drydock, but its parts should be available soon... Both ships will most likely be fixed before the end of the year. I wouldn't worry about any cruises booked for next year with these mechanical problems. :D

I know many are worried they will lose some time ashore. The shore excursion personnel are aware of the mechanical difficulties, and just about all of the long excursions can easily trim an hour or two from any planned excursion... While the shorter excursions can easily delay the start or end of an excursion to meet the arrival or departure of a ship... I wouldn't worry much over shore excursions...

However, I am sure no one wants to miss an hour or two from a Disney World excursion at Port Canaveral... Frankly I could spend a few days at Disney World. If Disney World was your major anticipation, maybe booking a few days of a land vacation there would be a better idea...

Your mixing up ships Don. This thread is about the Dawn.

Al

Archived