queen victoria what price drinks?

willow1uk

The prices are very reasonable and equivalent to UK pub prices plus a little bit. The measures are larger than UK. Wine is available from about $15 upwards but they will keep the unused portion of a bottle until the next evening. All prices in US Dollars and all attract 15% service charge. There is nothing to be concerned about.

I always think of the bar costs as "City Centre" prices.

A lunchtime pint of Bass is about £3.50, but be careful if ordering wine by the glass. Be specific or, like my wife, you may end up with something double the price you expected. Her 2 glasses of Pinot Grigio one lunchtime cost more than the standard bottle!

As the Cap'n states, you can have cooking wine for less then $20, but expect to pay $30-$40 for something reasonable.

Stewart

As for cocktails, I think you will find that prices aboard tend to be less than drinking in a good hotel bar land side, and as Capn says, you get an "American" pour in spirits, rather than the UK pour. It eliminates the need to request a double, double, which I must order at my usual London hotel.

I think, you will enjoy your experience aboard.

Mike

Since travelling on Cunard prices have risen, but very much more towards the top end than the bottom end. Even so, those used to drinking fine wine in restaurants (or at least perusing the wine list!) will note that their prices are not that unreasonable.

For day to day drinks prices are very reasonable. There is, for example, a lovely Pascal Jolivet Sancerre that they do for about forty odd dollars - and it is a cracker. Far too easy to drink the whole bottle too. And available by the glass for (I think) about ten dollars.

Actually, that isn't a day to day wine. It's really nice, and sensibly priced. I tend to drink it when we have fish....

The selection of wine isn't that wide, unless your interest is truly international. If you have a preferred country (Vive la France!) then the selection can appear somewhat limited.

I'm not long back from the QV Baltic Cruise and thought some of the pricing a little strange. It was cheaper for me to have a cocktail than a Gin and Tonic in many instances, so I had fun and worked my way through the cocktail list instead :)

I personally would never order wine by the glass as I think it is a very expensive way to buy - 6 glasses to the bottle.

We found wine a little expensive in the restaurant but found a bargain or two in the bin ends :D With four of us we never had any left over to be served the next night though!

Archived