Alaska Tracy Arm catamaran excursion with a toddler?

CCH828

Just wondering if anyone has taken the Tracy Arm excursion with a little one? How long does the tour last? This seems to be a "must do" excursion, but I am wondering if it will be too much for our DD, who will be two weeks shy of 2yo when we sail (May 31st)

Thanks! :D

If this is the one that picks up or drops off on the ship it is 5 hours. If this is the all day affair round trip on of Juneau add another hour or two, either way its looong!

IMHO its not exactly kid friendly, if the weather is good then you can spend lots of time on deck, if cold / windy well everyone will likely be inside except at the highlight points. Not much else to do but look and enjoy the scenery. If it is the Allen Marine boat, its large enough but still nothing that would entertain a toddler, you'll need to figure that one out.

Just wondering if anyone has taken the Tracy Arm excursion with a little one? How long does the tour last? This seems to be a "must do" excursion, but I am wondering if it will be too much for our DD, who will be two weeks shy of 2yo when we sail (May 31st)

Thanks! :D

I used to take my 2 year old everyplace. Bring an umbrella stroller, food, and drink. He/she will love looking at the water and the whales, and then sleep. My son loved boats- and this will feel more like a boat. But you will have a better sense of your child- mine began traveling at 2 months across the Pacific so by 2 years was rather a seasoned traveler. Some kids will love it, some kids no. You still have some time- I'd sign up for it and then cancel as you get a better sense of your child at that age.

Archived