Got a price drop. Now what?

brekin67

Just checked Carnival's website. Our cruise went down $100 per person for Grand Suite. I emailed our PVP and she replied "Woo Hoo-Yes it did." She said she was emailing an attachment to submit online. There was no attachment and I have not received a 2nd response.

Is there a document I submit online that I can do now?

Does the money go to OBC? If I don't use it all, do I get a refund?

We sail September 18th.

Thanks,

On Carnival's website search for "early saver form". Fill in the information and send it to them. You should receive acknowlegment that it was received and then in 3 business days or less, if you qualify, you should receive notification of OBC. Keep watching now that you are within 2 weeks of sailing. This is when I racked up most of my OBC on my Dream trip two weeks ago. We finished up with $590 OBC for two cabins.

Just checked Carnival's website. Our cruise went down $100 per person for Grand Suite. I emailed our PVP and she replied "Woo Hoo-Yes it did." She said she was emailing an attachment to submit online. There was no attachment and I have not received a 2nd response.

Is there a document I submit online that I can do now?

Does the money go to OBC? If I don't use it all, do I get a refund?

We sail September 18th.

Thanks,

You need to fill this form out asap before the price changes.

http://www.carnival.com/cms/fun/earlysaver/default.aspx

http://www.carnival.com/cms/requestforms/CCLEarlySaverForm.aspx

This is about when my friend got a price drop on her 9C that had been sold out forever. They were doing upsell calls and moving people around and another 9C came open within the last couple of weeks before the cruise.

congrats. I see someone else posted a link to the forms. Let us know if you need more. You will get OBC not a refund since you are past final payment.

Is there a limit on how many times you can fill out the form? I tried to do it once, and was denied so I stopped looking into it. Ah, life before CC. :(

No limit. I got three $10 price drops and submitted each one. Hoping for another one but so far the price now is stuck.

I'm pretty sure you've said that they were wrong and you emailed them back. I wish I would have done that because I swear I was right...just didn't know I could argue.

I also had a screen print to prove the price I saw, saved to photobucket.

But I didnt need it. I had a welcome back credit discount of $50 and noted it in the notes .. they must have missed the FYI note on my price submission. I went thru the math for them ..they agreed.

We are five months from cruise and the early saver category has disappeared.

Do you check all the various rate categories to see if those dropped??

and then what do you do if your category is not even listed??? Check the cateogries above yours?

Am I just locked in at the price? So confused...never used this early saver before. thanks if you can help....really appreciate it. Tried calling PVP and got no reply....been a few days now.

JT

I only check the category for which I am current booked. Grand Suite. I don't know what you do if your category is not listed. For me, some categories dropped throughout the past 5 months, but not mine until yesterday. I have noticed that sometimes early saver is not listed, then it shows up again.

We are five months from cruise and the early saver category has disappeared.

Do you check all the various rate categories to see if those dropped??

and then what do you do if your category is not even listed??? Check the cateogries above yours?

Am I just locked in at the price? So confused...never used this early saver before. thanks if you can help....really appreciate it. Tried calling PVP and got no reply....been a few days now.

JT

Yes, check all the categories above yours. I *think* if a higher category than yours is priced at what you paid or less, you get to upgrade free. So if you are in an 8B for $400 and you see that there are no more 8B cabins but an 8E is selling for $400, you can upgrade. (CC EXPERTS: is that right? :confused:)

If you've been calling your PVP for a few days and gotten no reply, you need a new PVP. You can also just call the 800# or post here and someone will try to help you.

Yes, check all the categories above yours. I *think* if a higher category than yours is priced at what you paid or less, you get to upgrade free. So if you are in an 8B for $400 and you see that there are no more 8B cabins but an 8E is selling for $400, you can upgrade. (CC EXPERTS: is that right? :confused:)

If you've been calling your PVP for a few days and gotten no reply, you need a new PVP. You can also just call the 800# or post here and someone will try to help you.

I believe you are correct. People on the same sailing did upgrade and also get OBC. I chose not to change cabins because we had a balcony and an inside across from each other. When in doubt fill out the form, all they can do is say "no".

Thanks for you thoughts, berkin67. I was reading another thread and it said to check categories above and if they drop, I may have a chance to get a price drop. We are booked into a 8N (aft balcony) and those usually disappear rather quickly. Congrats on your drop and being in a grand suite. WOW!

Have a wonderful time!!

so called and just in time as got an upgrade for our cabin ... they said all rooms are sold now on the sept 11th Dream cruise.. WOW called just in time. at least got something when the price dropped this week 160. perperson per room UGH>

Same Riveria floor... but window . now. :p

Archived