POLL......$2 Dollar Bills....$1 Coins....John Deere Penlights

Flynlo

What is your favorite additional tip?  

308 members have voted

1. 1. What is your favorite additional tip?

• $2 dollar bills
    • $1 dollar coins
    • John Deere Penlights
    • Doritos
    • Chocolates
    • None of the above

Well remember when the real silver half dollars were here...to say nothing of the real gold coins not so long ago???

These fake gold ones probably won't be worth much but hey never thought of that 'til this second...

P.S. I believe you completely missed the point, which is why is it your concern how people choose to tip? It just amazes me that people who don't want people telling them what to do have no problem telling everyone else what they should or should not do.

Uh- when the question is asked on a cruise forum it becomes my business. And if I ask on a public forum, I expect answers- including a lot that don't agree what I really thought anyway. That is what we do here.

How perfectly boring this would all be if someone said: Should I do this (whatever)? And 50 or 100 people said- oh yes- great idea. You should do it.

Uh- when the question is asked on a cruise forum it becomes my business. And if I ask on a public forum, I expect answers- including a lot that don't agree what I really thought anyway. That is what we do here.

How perfectly boring this would all be if someone said: Should I do this (whatever)? And 50 or 100 people said- oh yes- great idea. You should do it.

Hmm!:rolleyes:

Nevermind.

Happy cruising to all!

Bob

On the ship? Are you serious? On what- cheap watches? Carnival logo shirts? Picassos? Cigars? They do spend money on shore- ramen seems to be a big seller. And much of their money is sent home to family. Now, to be clear, we are talking room stewards and food service- not the piano player or above deck staff.

And this is not the hour of the day for coffee- more a glass of wine. Thanks- good idea and don't mind if I do.

Crew bar and cigarettes, Didnt ya read the book. Now I am going to Starbucks.

your right! its a joke i even responded to this post....lol....guess im bored!

This poll is not a JOKE. :confused:

I just got back from my local John Deere store. I have 4 penlights to hand out for exceptional service. I have a wad of $2 bills and a roll of $1 dollar coins.....

This poll is not a JOKE. :confused:

I just got back from my local John Deere store. I have 4 penlights to hand out for exceptional service. I have a wad of $2 bills and a roll of $1 dollar coins.....

Do the pen lights match the neon green and yellow pj's and snowsuits of the 70's to 80's...are we talking Disneyland glow in the dark yellow and green here...lets get this deal figured out.

Do the pen lights match the neon green and yellow pj's and snowsuits of the 70's to 80's...are we talking Disneyland glow in the dark yellow and green here...lets get this deal figured out.

Those colors sound Ducky to me. GO DUCKS!

Happy cruising to all!

Bob

your right! its a joke i even responded to this post....lol....guess im bored!

Yup I'm avoiding the insurance refund job on the cruise I had to cancel..this is my last post until it gets handled..sigh..sjn.:D

Guess you couldn't find any of those special snorklers:p.

Have a good day Bruce..sjn

Hey I think I saw you pulling out of the store when I pulled in. They said you bought all the penlights in stock. Manager said they had a rush on them this week. Something about tips on Carnival Cruise line.:D

Absoultey had to be this pinky keith guy...:poops pnjkeith..no need for any details...:D

I have to drive too far to the Deere place now..darn International Harvester is right next to me...:p

Absoultey had to be this pinky keith guy...:poops pnjkeith..no need for any details...:D

I have to drive too far to the Deere place now..darn International Harvester is right next to me...:p

I wonder, would a nice blue and white Ford tractor penlight be acceptable?

I wonder, would a nice blue and white Ford tractor penlight be acceptable?

Do not know about those Ford tractors Sir or Miss...but blue would beat the color of our Old 40's Red..that both came and left with the place in good running order...and then we would be in the old International Harvester rivalry :p.

My favorite has to be the guy over on the Disney board - he is so thoughtful. He gives them Walmart gift cards - because you know there's a Walmart Super Center very close to Port Canaveral. Why he believes a Walmart gift card is so much more personal and valued than the equivalent cash? He truly believes it is valued and appreciated more than just giving/receiving cash. Hard to understand some people. As someone else said much earlier in this thread - a tip is to make the receiver feel good, not the giver.

If you give gift cards and think like the above person - go ahead, let me have it - I'm wearing my fire retardant PJs!

Cash is king - it works for everyone and you can rest assured it will be appreciated greatly.

Howard

Archived