POLL......$2 Dollar Bills....$1 Coins....John Deere Penlights

Flynlo

What is your favorite additional tip?  

308 members have voted

1. 1. What is your favorite additional tip?

• $2 dollar bills
    • $1 dollar coins
    • John Deere Penlights
    • Doritos
    • Chocolates
    • None of the above

The $2 dollar bills are a HOOT. :D

I used to give the $2 bills out, until a staff member told me, that they have a hard time using them. Many countries don 't consider them legal tender, believing they are counterfeit. Use an additional $1 bill, easier for the staff. That is what we do now...

We had the same thing about the $2 bills mentioned to us that some places wont take them in ports. We just add an extra dollar or 2.

DS (11) wants to take some of the $1 coins on this trip to use for his tips and to exchange. He usually takes some US $ with him to exchange with people he meets for $ from their country. He collects coins from every country he visits. He likes the coins instead of paper.

Why would you want to "reward" those who work soooooo hard to make a pleasant vacation for you with currency that is difficult to spend? Give them "normal" money...that's what they want, and that's why they're working!

Would you want to be paid in $2 bills or $1 coin? I wouldn't!

Why would you want to "reward" those who work soooooo hard to make a pleasant vacation for you with currency that is difficult to spend? Give them "normal" money...that's what they want, and that's why they're working!

$2 bills and $1 coins are "normal money". I don't have a problem accepting them as payment but I do tip with $1s and $5s when I cruise.

Why would you want to "reward" those who work soooooo hard to make a pleasant vacation for you with currency that is difficult to spend? Give them "normal" money....Normal Money?,,,..that's what they want, and that's why they're working! You think they would refuse 2 dollar bills, I doubt it.

It all goes to the bank, so who cares!

I agree about the coins and $2 bills. When is the last time you saw either in ordinary circulation? I usually find I've used the coin for a quarter and nobody really quite believes that the bills are real. Even in this country.

And as far as $2 bills cutting down on how much you need to carry- as my son would say, I call shenanigans. Besides- the space you take up going carrying all those $1 bills you can use for the souveniers going home.

I don't think many room stewards and waiters, do either.:rolleyes:

And...

...you completely missed the point.

The point is that many large entities use and exchange the coins freely. I'm sure these intelligent folks can figure a way to exchange this currency. I doubt the dollar bill is useful either for a server sending his money back to Morocco but they figure a way to get that converted as well.

Vanilla enough?

None of the above. Though I'm considering taking pressed pennies from the local children's museum & zoo on my next cruise and using them as tips - I'm sure something personal from my local area would be sooooo appreciated! ;)

Sarcasm button "ON" I hope!

Archived