First-Timer on Princess! Any advice?

7SeasLover

I am a Gold member of NCL; obviously I like NCL. I have never stepped foot on Princess and have always wanted to do so. I am probably going to book a Feb 21st Princess Cruise to Tahiti (Tahitian Princess, I think it's called.)

Anybody have any wonderful things to say about Princess and what I'll love? I have sailed on lots of other lines, it's just that NCL sort of became a habit.

Any comparisons between the two? Of course, I'd love to hear any tips about the South Pacific - it will be my first time there too!

Lots of first-times on this cruise! I'm excited!

I am a Gold member of NCL; obviously I like NCL. I have never stepped foot on Princess and have always wanted to do so. I am probably going to book a Feb 21st Princess Cruise to Tahiti (Tahitian Princess, I think it's called.)

Anybody have any wonderful things to say about Princess and what I'll love? I have sailed on lots of other lines, it's just that NCL sort of became a habit.

Any comparisons between the two? Of course, I'd love to hear any tips about the South Pacific - it will be my first time there too!

The Tahitian Princess has been renamed to be the Ocean Princess. You can see pictures of it under the Tahitian name at http://fp.caribill.com/

After the name change, it looks the same, wonderful ship.

Have sailed on both, however not any further south than Hawaii. The first thing you'll notice on Princess is the food. Much better than NCL. There's not as much "hawking" or selling of extra cost items on Princess. There are no constant "invitations" to bingo or trivia over the public address system on Princess. Princess has much better service in the restaurants as well as a much happier crew. Enjoy your cruise. You'll love it.

Join your roll call to meet people who will be on the same cruise as you, you may be able to put together private tours with them. Also search "tips" on this forum (Ignore the ones about tipping) and there is a large list of tips to make your cruise experience better.

I have cruised Tahiti and it was wonderful. The diving and snorkeling are fantastic. Also bring insect repellant (sand fleas) anti itch spray or medication, and a good sun block and hat (it's summer there) as they will be much more expensive on the ship or ashore (also over the counter medicines like aspirin). I also bring my own snorkel and mask as I don't like using one that has been used by numerous people prevously.

Take your camera, it is gorgeous, I loved Moorea, and Bora Bora. Bon Voyage.

Archived