Scrapbooking - How many pictures do you take?

beaming90

I would love to go totally digital, but can't seem to give up the $1000-1200 for the Nikon digital SLR. I still shot my SLR and my hubby uses the Canon digital camera (S1) and we just picked up the Nikon Coolpix 5200 (for those come on lets go photos). It is same and can be put in our pocket. The SLRs seem to get heavy at times. But wont give it up.

• 3 months later...
We just got back from our first cruise and had 6 disposable cameras (27 pictures each) that I took to Walmart and get back tomorrow night. How many pictures do most of you take on a cruise? This was only a 4 day cruise! Can't imagine if I did a 7 day cruise or longer....!:rolleyes:

I am probably an extreme. Since getting my Sony digital camera, I have taken in excess of 23,000 pictures. On our last trip to Europe which was 22 days (12 days on the Grand) I took in excess of 4,400 pictures. On our Tahiti B2B I took around 2,400 pictures.

Obviously I do not print them all. I have taken about 4-600 and created a slide show on the computer that we can share with friends. After the Europe trip my wife wanted pics to share with friends, so I printed out about a dozen from each stop / port of call, she took them and build a scrapbook with mememtos to share with family and friends.

• 1 month later...

2 years ago we were on a 7 day Mariner cruise and took 1,118 digital photos plus 2 water cameras. And that was just not enough.

I'm a scrapbooker ... it's my passion. When I got home I had all sorts of new scrapbook ideas that I thought would make our album more memorable, but I was lacking a photo to make it complete. I journaled about the experience, but I know a photo would have added so much more to the layout.

We took a laptop and burned a CD at the end of each night when we got back. And a few times we dumped the disk before we went out that night. (This camera takes great shots without a flash.)

When we sail in 5 weeks we're doing the same thing...taking a laptop so we can burn again. But this time I've compiled a list of things I want to be sure to get photos of. Hopefully *this* scrapbook will be just what I want.

• 1 month later...

Well the last cruise I took @ 300. That included 24 underwater, and @ 30-40 panoramas with my fathers phd ( press here dummy) camera. The rest were digital. I also had about 2 1/2 to 3 hours of video. Back in the day before I had digital I would take two cameras, the one that did panoramas and mine and at least 10 rolls of prepaid deveoping film. You start buying the film with your groceries every trip, one at a time, a few months before you go. Yes film will last that long. I've used film that wasover a year past it's due date. And before you know it you're all set. Now when you get back, you don't have to shell out a ton of $ for developing. It's already paid for.

We just got back from our first cruise and had 6 disposable cameras (27 pictures each) that I took to Walmart and get back tomorrow night. How many pictures do most of you take on a cruise? This was only a 4 day cruise! Can't imagine if I did a 7 day cruise or longer....!:rolleyes:

I take digital, carry over 1 gig of memory, plus my laptop to down load. On our Tahitian B2B I took over 2,200 over our 20 days. On the Panama Canal trip I took over 2,100 in 14 days. Our most recent trip (Med / Greek Isles) I took over 4,400 pictures in three weeks.

I got my Sony digital camera for our 91 Independence Hawaii trip. Since then I have taken in excess of 22,000 pictures on various trips (most during our cruises)

Needless to say the family and friends do not want to sit down and view them all, so I usually do a 50ish print for the binder / scrapbook, and pick out the best 400 or so for the computer slide show. :D

We just returned from our first cruise. I took a 27 exposure waterproof camera and over 500 pictures on my digital. I have the Nikon D50. I LOVE IT! Best digital SLR camera I have played with. I don't take my regular SLR hardly anywhere for pictures for myself.

I'll be going on my first cruise late april and just purchased 1G & 512MB memory cards to go along with my smaller one. I'm also a picture fanatic so I'm hoping that's enough for my 5 day vacation.

I would like to know do you see people EVERYWHERE on the ship snapping pictures? I like to get pictures of everything I see and just wondered if others do this as well or will I be "that crazy women who's constantly taking pictures" :D

We took pictures all over our the Miracle when we took our cruise last August. I only got one funny look, when I was taking a picture of a large cheese carved into a vase. They had several of these holding flowers in the buffet lines, and I got a picture of every one of them! :D

We liked taking a picture of our dinner before we ate it. Those are some of our favorite ship photos now! We can remember how great our meals were. My son took pictures of the soda cans he drank in the different countries.

My 15 year old loves to take photographs too, and between the 2 of us we had over 2000 pictures. About 100 of those were on the ship. You'll have a great time.

I'm off to a 3 hours scrapbookking session at a friends. I'm still working on my cruise album! It's so much fun to look at later.

Oh my goodness I am so glad to see this Thread back!!!!

This question is for anyone that transfers there photos to an ipod, where did you purchase the cable to do this and will it work with my canon digital rebel (I have the first one)

I have recieved such great information on this thread in the past,I got all the information on the Roadstor fROm here that I took on my last cruise it was great.

Glad to see this back!!! Lets post alot so this will keep going. I mean after the cruise what is more important besides booking the next cruise~~~~ THE PICTURES!!!!! ~~~~~ and that means the scrapbooks too.

I have an Olympus 5MP digital (about $200). We are taking our first cruise in a few wekks and I love taking pictures. I just bought a 1GB memory card for my camera that will hold about 850 pics in the high quality mode. I doubt I'll fill it up but I'll have my laptop with us in case I need to transfer them to free up some room.

Oh my goodness I am so glad to see this Thread back!!!!

This question is for anyone that transfers there photos to an ipod, where did you purchase the cable to do this and will it work with my canon digital rebel (I have the first one)

You will probably first transfer the pics to your PC and then to the ipod so you will be using the USB cable from the camera to get it to the PC and the ipod USB cable to get from the PC to the ipod.

I wonder if that is how I will have to do this. I do know that they sell a cable to transfer directly from the camera to the ipod, just not sure if it is possible with the Drebel.

Thanks for your help Nyiles,I really like hearing from others what they do as I still do not know very much about this camera and my computer skills are about a 2 on a scale of 1 to 5!!!, have you heard of the Roadstor? ;that is a great item to have with you, you are able to burn your cd's right from your media card without a computer!!!

• 2 weeks later...

I take tons and tons of photos! On our last vacation (Italy) we came home with 1200 pictures. I think on our cruise in 2004, we came home with about 600 pictures, both film and digi. this time around, DH doesn't want to bother with his SLR clunker (and all the lens that go with it) so it will be 2 digi cameras! Cruising in 1.5 wk~!!!!!!

• 1 year later...

I usually fill up two memory cards (one is a 2GB and one is a 3GB) using my Canon Digital Rebel. I love digital because I don't have to worry about damaging film scanning and scanning it over and over upon entering the airport and ship ports, and because I can take pics at will, deleting anything I don't like.

Archived