Pricing Question

Cruise Junky

Hi - We're looking at the PG for our 15th wedding anniversary. Looking at the 2011 brochure, do those prices include air from LA? To me it reads that it does and there's a $900 add on per person for Western Canada..I can certainly get to LA cheaper than that. Is that right? I'm just trying to work out a general ball park of what it's going to cost.

Thanks.

Hi - We're looking at the PG for our 15th wedding anniversary. Looking at the 2011 brochure, do those prices include air from LA? To me it reads that it does and there's a $900 add on per person for Western Canada..I can certainly get to LA cheaper than that. Is that right? I'm just trying to work out a general ball park of what it's going to cost.

Thanks.

You can still use the PG included air and get the benefits (transfers, day room) if you find your way to LA on your own and cheaper. We made our own arrangements from Tucson to LAX and back.

The current promotion for some sailings is free air. We found it alternated between free and 2 for 1 air in the 18 months between the time we booked and our sailing. Your best bet is to go the website for current promotions.

Thanks, it's actually for September 2012...nothing like planning ahead :) I just hadn't looked at PGs prices in quite some time and couldn't remember what they included.

We are also from Western Canada and we have already booked for November 2011 (10 year anniversary :))- we are getting the free air from LAX, but like you said, we can get to LA for a lot cheaper than the price quoted in the brochure.

We are also from Western Canada and we have already booked for November 2011 (10 year anniversary :))- we are getting the free air from LAX, but like you said, we can get to LA for a lot cheaper than the price quoted in the brochure.

Thanks - good to know I was reading it right :) Enjoy!

• 3 months later...

We opted for the PG booked air from Philly to LAX (800/pp) and yes we could have gotten it a lot cheaper ourselves. Problem is you don't exactly know how to hook up with the flight from LAX because you don't have the information. Also there is a very real possiblilty of a blizzard or something in Philly in January and if you miss the connection in LA you are pretty much in a pickle - to put it politely. It does seem like sort of a rip-off but then if something happens PG then gets us to the ship at no extra cost to us. We still have not decided on other trip insurance. Anyone have thoughts on this? And stil don't understand how our 4 day pre-cruise extension ended up being 3 days.....

And still don't understand how our 4 day pre-cruise extension ended up being 3 days.....
It may have something to do with ATN flight schedules into the islands. If you have a late arrival, your 4-nite package could easily morph into only 3 full days. I know that's the case with our 2-nite pre-cruise extension. We arrive just in time to have an expensive nite's sleep & then we'll only have 1 full day before we board the ship. Not ideal but really no way around the schedules.

Our friends from Canada and daughters from the East coast opted to arrive in LA a day early before their scheduled flight. Their cost including hotel was less than the PG quote and they enjoyed seeing a bit of LA.;)

Thats what we usually do when we travel on the 1.30 flight. However, I believe that they put you on the 4 pm flight so one does not need to fly in a day early though we may still do that next year. We purchased our own air to LAX.

We had the air included from LAX and flew on our own from JFK to LAX. We took the last flight out of JFK that evening and arrived in LAX just after midnight. Via priceline we paid $45 for the on night at the LAX Crown Plaza which was a great deal (transport to and from provided no charge by the hotel). We were on the 1:00 pm flight out of LAX the next day.

Archived