Island Princess mini suite

MQU

We are looking at a mini suite on the Dolfin deck of the Island and was wondering if these decks stick out like on some of the larger ships. We like to be able to be on the balcony with others being able to look down.

Thank you, Mary

"We like to be able to be on the balcony with others being able to look down."

Is this what you really mean? Most people DON'T like others to be able to look down on them. In any event, we had a mini-suite on the Dolphin deck on the Island Princess and the folks above us COULD have looked down on us. However, I never saw anyone above us on their balcony.

It depends where on the ship as well, some Dolphins are covered but not the midships. The folks on Caribe could look down by leaning over (we had a Dolphin, was fun chatting with our upstairs neighbors).

More importantly, if you are going to AK, the Dolphins are not rain protected. This can be important in Glacier Bay for example.

Here's the definitive Island and Coral balcony site:

http://mysite.verizon.net/res76zxu/princessbalconies/index.html

We are looking at a mini suite on the Dolfin deck of the Island and was wondering if these decks stick out like on some of the larger ships. We like to be able to be on the balcony with others being able to look down.

Thank you, Mary

Thank you, Mary

Our Mini in the 700's was fully covered.

Check this site out...

http://mysite.verizon.net/res76zxu/princessbalconies/index.html

D725 is wraparound I think but uncovered.

Any thoughts on the AD minis? I have reserved D725, it looks like it may have a wrap-around balcony so that we can get a side view as well. Can anyone confirm that or let me know if it is a good choice?

Thanks,

Erin

Thanks for the info, I could not tell from the picture if Caribe covered part of it or not. It is good to confirm we will have some shade from the hot Panamanian sun :)

Is it larger than the balcony next door or is that an optical illusion?

Erin

Thanks for the info, I could not tell from the picture if Caribe covered part of it or not. It is good to confirm we will have some shade from the hot Panamanian sun :)

Is it larger than the balcony next door or is that an optical illusion?

Erin

The curve of the glass actually makes it a tad smaller.

Thank you, Mary

We were in a mini-suite on Baja deck pop-out facing forward the link to the pics are in a post below. Downside: balcony just a bit smaller due to the curvature forward UPSIDE: no one looks down on you and you see an awesome panoramic view of the ocean - we did Panama canal in this suite and it was memorable!

Thank you, Mary

Last year on our Alaska cruise my family and I had 3 mini's D718, 719, 721. All of them were covered and not visible to those above There is a site called Princess Only that can help with that especailly on the Island or the COral

Cheers, Kenn

We're you in 416 or equivalent? We have that booked for canal would love any photos you might have!

We were in a mini-suite on Baja deck pop-out facing forward the link to the pics are in a post below. Downside: balcony just a bit smaller due to the curvature forward UPSIDE: no one looks down on you and you see an awesome panoramic view of the ocean - we did Panama canal in this suite and it was memorable!

Last year on our Alaska cruise my family and I had 3 mini's D718, 719, 721. All of them were covered and not visible to those above There is a site called Princess Only that can help with that especailly on the Island or the COral

Cheers, Kenn

Tried to find the Princess Only site, but could not. Please provide additinal information about the site. We have D416 and D418 booked for the 2-8-11 PT Panama Canal cruise.

Thanks!

Tried to find the Princess Only site, but could not. Please provide additinal information about the site. We have D416 and D418 booked for the 2-8-11 PT Panama Canal cruise.

Thanks!

To get to the site use the standard www. format put the words princessonly (one word)after the www. and then of course put .com at the end. Since CC wont let us print the name this is best way i can describe it. Mike specifically shows the Island and teh Coral balconies on the site. Sure hope this helps If not let me know your email and i will send you the link

Cheers, Kenn

Thanks!

I went to the site and the two mini's you chose are what they call partially covered. I hope you can find the site and see it yourself

Cheers, Kenn

Archived