Is it true there is no elegant night on the Destiny?

TNM

A friend did the same itinerary (KW/Coz) in June on the Destiny that we will be doing next week....she said there was no elegant night on that ship (maybe because its a shorter cruise?) and furthermore ppl dress VERY casual for dinner in the MDR..I'm packing a dress and heels for each evening and was planning to wear that thru dinner and entertainment after. Is everyone going to be in shorts and jeans?

I told her I would get the real scoop on my CC message board!

thanks.

A friend did the same itinerary (KW/Coz) in June on the Destiny that we will be doing next week....she said there was no elegant night on that ship (maybe because its a shorter cruise?) and furthermore ppl dress VERY casual for dinner in the MDR..I'm packing a dress and heels for each evening and was planning to wear that thru dinner and entertainment after. Is everyone going to be in shorts and jeans?

I told her I would get the real scoop on my CC message board!

thanks.

There is an elegant night on Destiny

How many formal nights are onboard? Which nights are they on?Most evenings we have a Cruise Casual dress code, but there are those Cruise Elegant evenings one or two nights throughout the voyage. The length of the cruise determines the number of Cruise Elegant evenings in the Dining Room. The first Cruise Elegant evening is scheduled for the 2nd or 3rd day of the cruise; the second Cruise Elegant evening is scheduled for the 2nd or 3rd day prior to the end of the cruise, schedules permitting.

• 1-day cruise: none

2-day to 5-day cruise: one Cruise Elegant evening

• 6-day or longer cruise: two Cruise Elegant evenings

Firefly even 2 day CTN have an elegant night.

There is most definitely an Elegant night on the Destiny...both the 4 day and 5 day cruises. The only difference is that on the 4 nite cruise, they don't serve lobster bisque soup the next night after the formal dinner......we were drooling for it and didn't get it...uggghh!

Firefly even 2 day CTN have an elegant night.

lol my cruises to nowhere in the olden days was just for the day. I just threw up the 2 day cruise because Carnival no longer has one day cruises. I used to go to nowhere, and once to Bimini and twice to Freeport. All very cheap.

Carnival used to give you the cruise to nowhere free within a week of your birthday either way or you could pay the port charges and go to Freeport. I did both twice free as a Carnival birthday deal.

They included the 7 course pay dinner FREE with your birthday deal. It used to cost $10 back then.

Thanks I knew i could count on my fellow CC'ers to answer this! :)

So, should i leave my dresses and heels that I packed for 4 nts dinner, or should i pack more casual dinner wear? Or bring both? I don't want to be all dressed up each night if everyone is in shorts and jeans in the MDR...opinions?

I went on a 5 day and we had two if I remember nights we dressed up .. I dress up every night. they take pictures... so is fun to get different pictures dressed up.. got a great Glamor shot one night and posted on my singles sight... when he was decided who to contact from 6 woman he said he kept going to my pictures... Guess what we were married 4 weeks ago and gonig on the Dream on our honeymoonnext week. wink. And if you are already married... put a spark in the night wink :eek:

You should have at least one "elegant" but sadly you are correct in that you will see shorts,jeans,gym shorts and flip flops on that night whether it be a 3,4,5,6 or 7 night cruise on Carnvial.

Carnivial finally gave up on trying to enforce their dress codes so changed it to where it's pretty much just a "come as you are" evening on any night including the not so elegant night. So if I were you I would plan less formal or no formal and go for upscale casual

I went on a 5 day and we had two if I remember nights we dressed up .. I dress up every night. they take pictures... so is fun to get different pictures dressed up.. got a great Glamor shot one night and posted on my singles sight... when he was decided who to contact from 6 woman he said he kept going to my pictures... Guess what we were married 4 weeks ago and gonig on the Dream on our honeymoonnext week. wink. And if you are already married... put a spark in the night wink :eek:

What a great story, how romantic! Well, not married, not even engaged yet, maybe soon though...;)

You should have at least one "elegant" but sadly you are correct in that you will see shorts,jeans,gym shorts and flip flops on that night whether it be a 3,4,5,6 or 7 night cruise on Carnvial.

Carnivial finally gave up on trying to enforce their dress codes so changed it to where it's pretty much just a "come as you are" evening on any night including the not so elegant night. So if I were you I would plan less formal or no formal and go for upscale casual

Hmmm thanks for the tip...I think I will opt for upscale casual then...sundresses and nice sandals for dinner...

Thanks I knew i could count on my fellow CC'ers to answer this! :)

So, should i leave my dresses and heels that I packed for 4 nts dinner, or should i pack more casual dinner wear? Or bring both? I don't want to be all dressed up each night if everyone is in shorts and jeans in the MDR...opinions?

Take this from a mans point of view.....It is your vacation and dress as you want. I love seeing the ladies that dress nice at night. Just like women like seeing men dressed sharp at night.....;)

Do it up and have a great cruise.....:cool:

Archived