? for corkage fee" paid cruisers

Little Feet

Found the wine we like on a great sale so it makes sense to pay the corkage fees and bring it on board. How do we obtain wine glasses and champage flutes for our cabin?

Is this a "room service" item, do we obtain them at a ship bar, do they come from our cabin attendant??

Every new thing we do seems to bring up questions.....thank you to anyone offering an answer.

Found the wine we like on a great sale so it makes sense to pay the corkage fees and bring it on board. How do we obtain wine glasses and champage flutes for our cabin?

Is this a "room service" item, do we obtain them at a ship bar, do they come from our cabin attendant??

Every new thing we do seems to bring up questions.....thank you to anyone offering an answer.

I've stopped by the bar and obtained glasses for champagne and wine in our cabin before. They don't seem to mind at all....

I'm sure room service would bring them as well if requested....I've just never tried that one.

In the suites we've always had them in the cabin waiting for us....

There are some glasses in your cabin. If they do not meet you needs, you can

* ask at a bar

* order a similar drink, then take the empty glass to your cabin

* ask the steward (some people think they are stewarts - LOL)

* call room service - that seems like overkill to me

There are some glasses in your cabin. If they do not meet you needs, you can

* ask at a bar

* order a similar drink, then take the empty glass to your cabin

* ask the steward (some people think they are stewarts - LOL)

* call room service - that seems like overkill to me

The champagne we are bringing is the GOOD STUFF, requires proper stemmed flutes. Glasses in the cabin are not appropriate for fine champagne.

Any decent wine should also benefit from a stemmed glass. That is why I posed the question about obtaining the correct stemware.

Thanks to all.

The champagne we are bringing is the GOOD STUFF, requires proper stemmed flutes. Glasses in the cabin are not appropriate for fine champagne.

Any decent wine should also benefit from a stemmed glass. That is why I posed the question about obtaining the correct stemware.

Thanks to all.

They usually do not have champagne flutes already in the stateroom. But I have had wine glasses already in the room. BUT, they are the generic-type wine glasses. You will get much better ones from a bar. :)

just ask either room service or your cabin steward. There should be no problems.

Nita

just ask either room service or your cabin steward. There should be no problems.

Nita

Yes that works too. Unless you want a certain style of glass - then you'll have to go to a bar and request one from their choice of glasses. :)

Found the stemware in our suite on the Pearl last year to be very nice. On different cruises, we have also gotten some from a bar and called room service. The latter was when we had several people joining us. They arrived within a couple of minutes. You could also specify white or red wine glasses. If I am in a regular cabin, I wash the glasses myself and then hide them so the steward doesn't remove them.

speaking of bringing wine on board....

what is the proper protocol? Are you supposed to bring it on as a carry on and pay when you check in or do you pack it inside your suitcase and wait to be called to the "naughty room"?

Bring it in your carry-on. When you go through security, they will charge you $15 corkage fee, and put a sticker on it. Then, you can either drink it in your room, or bring it to dinner with you. :)

Bring it in your carry-on. When you go through security, they will charge you $15 corkage fee, and put a sticker on it. Then, you can either drink it in your room, or bring it to dinner with you. :)

We arrive usually around noon at the port and the majority of the times, the rooms have not been ready until 2 p.m. Instead of lugging 6-15 bottles of wine (depending upon the length of the cruise), we always put it in our checked luggage. Getting called to the naughty room isn't a big deal. When our bags don't show up and we get the letter, we go to the collection point and tell them that we have wine and want to pay the corkage fee. If you are only dealing with a bottle or two, I would just carry it on.

Archived