Cheese Plates' Cheeses?

Quampapetet

I have heard of a few people who were able to get the cheese platter as an appetizer. We usually get two of them - one for us in the dining room, and one to keep in the mini-fridge and enjoy either later that night or another time on our balcony!

Hmmm. The one time I have asked for the cheese as an app, the waiter said it couldn't be done because of the way the kitchen lines were staged. He was a really good waiter otherwise, so I have to assume he was telling the truth.:rolleyes:

I'll have to try it again.

That would be me. My waiter Hasin made sure I had the cheese as an appetizer waiting for me on the table when I got there. Still had the plate cover over it. Nice touch, Hasin, and thank you!

Here is a photo of a cheese plate from the Legend about 3 weeks ago.

Carnival%20Legend%20-%20299.JPG

Our adult kids ordered cheese with dessert almost every night at dinner. I can't tell for sure, but this might have been a "special order" plate where the kids requested just certain types.

Although our waiters didn't say anything I got the impression ordering a special combination was a bit more work for them and they would rather just bring the normal assortment.

This looks absolutely delicious! I'll have to order it next cruise. Can't wait!

Cheers,

Taters

Thanks for all the replies ... and the yummy photos!! :D

We're late dining, so I doubt the cheese as an appetizer would throw off their rhythm 'cause they've just gone through dessert for the first seating folks. Also, I'll request it through the special dietary needs lady when I order my meal for the next night.

several times. I do like the Chunk Parmesan reggiano b4 dinner w/ my wine. 1st night request lasts all cruise long. The pear chunks are fab

I didn't see this listed as one of the cheeses in anybody else's post. Was this some kind of extremely special order? And pear chunks? :confused:

Take a wheel of Brie and place it in a ready to bake pie crust. Fold over the edges of the pie crust to almost cover the Brie on top. Fill the top (to cover the Brie) with fruit preserves of any kind (my fave is apricot or raspberry/blackberry). Bake in the oven until the pie crust is done and serve as an appetizer. It's messy and hard to cut and scoop but totally worth it.

Love this, works well with puff pastry also, cut into individual servings.

I had the cheese tray the night we were in St Martin, and a baguette from Sarafina's and that cheese at midnight after a good bottle of Pinot Noir watching the water go by on the balcony was amazing.

They left my cheese on the tray and gave me the cover. I cleared a few things out of the fridge and it fit fine.

T minus 18 days woo!

I have had a slice of pear served with the regular cheese plate before.

There are slices of pear in the photo that I posted earlier.

Okay, thanks! I wasn't sure if the person meant to write "pear" or "parm" next to "chunks", since usually pear is in slices and cheese is in chunks. I don't recall seeing the pear in the photo, but yum! Pear is my favorite fruit! Though apple is a close second. :) My favorite pears are those ultra-juicy ones from that fruit catalog - the ones so juicy you could spoon out the middle of 'em if you wanted (as shown in the photo they have, but I don't do that).

Archived