FLL Airport to Miami Pier

esther e

Esther, if you have sufficient time to hire a driver to take you to the pier, you should be fine. Just think TRAFFIC TRAFFIC TRAFFIC. We've used a limo driver from Miami to Jupiter on several trips and the trip between Miami and FLL is slow but the limo took the toll roads and it helped get us to our destination a lot quicker than going on the regular highways.

My recommendation is to hire the driver before you leave so that you don't have any problems trying to find transportation. I can't remember the name of the service we used but there are many and they are used to the route you will be taking.

Good luck.

Karen

We also prefer to use the Hollywood/Fort Lauderdale airport when flying into Southern Florida, and although we travel with WAY too much luggage, we've always been able to get a Van sized taxi within moments of getting to the cab stand....even at 2AM!

In most situations, I'd opt for the guaranteed car service, but for getting into Miami from FLL, it is just not necessary. The cab stand is usually twenty feet from the luggage carousel.

I've scanned the various postings on this on the board for our own transport in November and found two places recommended:

The first is a shared van service (http://www.ridesas.com) that was recommended by several people. Very inexpensive compared to taxi but it is shared.

The second is a private limo service (http://www.hollandlimousine.com/) which is what we booked. More expensive but it's a set appointment.

For other ideas check out the Ports of Call: Homeports, Florida threads on the board.

• 1 month later...

We've used A1A Airport & Limo Service 3 times (888-LIMO-A1A) and plan to use them again in March....will be going from the pier to FLL. Have used them from Ft. Lauderdale to the pier too. Superb service!

Archived