What company to hire in FLL

misty57

We are flying into FLL but sailing out of Miami the same day. I know... not a good idea but DH didn't want to leave a day early. Our flight is slated to arrive at 1245. We are only taking carry-ons. Instead of trying to make it on time using one of the shuttle services, I want to hire a car to meet us and get us there as soon as possible. I understand Miami is about 25 miles from FLL, and on a Monday I would think traffic wouldn't be a real problem.

Has anyone had good or bad experience hiring a car in FLL? Any recommendations?:confused:

Thanks!

Here's a company that has been suggested a couple of times on these boards: http://www.fortlauderdalelimoservice.com/

I have not used them and can't tell you what the price would be. Compare their fare quote to just jumping into a cab for $85+

For your next cruise try to convince your DH to fly in a day early and relieve the stress a flight + 40 minute ride will cause you on your sail date. :( The smart cruiser ALWAYS flies in a day early - you never know when weather or mechanical issues will delay your flight.

It's not too late to look into trip insurance!:eek:

Good luck!:)

We are flying into FLL but sailing out of Miami the same day. I know... not a good idea but DH didn't want to leave a day early. Our flight is slated to arrive at 1245. We are only taking carry-ons. Instead of trying to make it on time using one of the shuttle services, I want to hire a car to meet us and get us there as soon as possible. I understand Miami is about 25 miles from FLL, and on a Monday I would think traffic wouldn't be a real problem.

Has anyone had good or bad experience hiring a car in FLL? Any recommendations?:confused:

Thanks!

I would have thought traffic would be a much bigger issue on a weekday rather than the weekend.

What time does your ship leave? You need to be checked in no later that 1 1/2 hour before you leave. With that arrival, I can't see you being at the port before 2pm, and even then that's in ideal circumstances.

If I were DH's DW, I would say he can fly whenever he wants, but I would be flying in the day before. Seriously.

We booked months inadvance. Confirmed pickup for 10:30 to be at Miami Port no later than 11:00. Called the night we flew in and the morning of to re-confirm. They did not show up at the hotel in Ft. Lauderdale until 10 til 11 and made 3 other stops. We did not get to the port until 11:45:mad:

Thaks goodness we had VIp embarkation as the lines were horrible.

I would NEVER recommend or use them again!

Traffic is unpredictable that time of day into Miami on a weekday, and of course flight times are unpredictible. I picked up a friend at FLL last week and it took her an hour to get luggage because there was heavy rain. You should look for another plan.

Thanks!

I've always had great service from Larry's Limos...

http://www.larryslimo.com/

The fare for a private car from FLL to POM was $75 plus tip that last time I used them.

The difference in price between a shuttle and a private car would pay for most of the cost for a hotel room the night before. What date is your cruise? What airline are you on? Where are you flying from?

I hope your husband's stubbornness doesn't cause you to miss your cruise.

Aww he isn't the least bit stubborn. In fact we just changed our flight to Sunday last night because he knew I was feeling nervous about trying to make arrangements in such a tight time frame. Thanks for all the suggestions and comments that convinced him and me to change our plans. Now I just have to figure out where to stay and how to get to POM from wherever we stay.:confused:

Aww he isn't the least bit stubborn. In fact we just changed our flight to Sunday last night because he knew I was feeling nervous about trying to make arrangements in such a tight time frame. Thanks for all the suggestions and comments that convinced him and me to change our plans. Now I just have to figure out where to stay and how to get to POM from wherever we stay.:confused:

Stay at a FLL area hotel that has a free airport shuttle. Then take GO shuttle to POM the next day.

Thanks! :)

Well...I guess I'm stilling learning something every day.

I checked with GO shuttle and they said they don't pickup at Ft Lauderdale hotels, only FLL and their fare to POM is a bit high at $21 per person before tip.

SAS does pickup at FLL area hotels and their fare is $15 per person + tip. Larry's Limos will pick you up in a private town car for $84 all inclusive.

Ah. Good to know. I booked Hyatt Summerfield Suites on Priceline and was thinking that with the airport shuttle we would just go back to to the airport and take the GOshuttle from there. Looks like SAS would be cheaper by a few dollars but I wonder how dependable they are. I think I read on some review ( I've read so many lately) that they did not arrive on time. It would be nice to just relax at the hotel until we were picked up instead of dragging luggage back to the airport etc. I guess I will contact GO about that or maybe just SAS and hope they are reliable. Thanks again for your help!

Ah. Good to know. I booked Hyatt Summerfield Suites on Priceline and was thinking that with the airport shuttle we would just go back to to the airport and take the GOshuttle from there. Looks like SAS would be cheaper by a few dollars but I wonder how dependable they are. I think I read on some review ( I've read so many lately) that they did not arrive on time. It would be nice to just relax at the hotel until we were picked up instead of dragging luggage back to the airport etc. I guess I will contact GO about that or maybe just SAS and hope they are reliable. Thanks again for your help!

Of the dozens of posts I've seen about SAS I've only seen that one bad one.

You can hire a driver with a Lincoln Town Car at the airport to take you to the pier in Miami for $72 (plus a tip!) for up to 4 passengers and luggage. No advance reservations are necessary. Just go to the curbside "GO AIRPORT SHUTTLE" dispatcher, and he will assign a limo for you.

Archived