Dec.4th Gem sailing cancelled

GeorgiaG

Does anyone know where the repairs will be made?

I was just curious. I am also wondering if cruises are ever cancelled due to lack of sales at a particular point, and another similar readily available as is the case in this situation. Airlines have been known to cancel flights for "mechanical reasons" in similar situations.

Possibly Boston. The Dawn had been dry docked there in the past.

OK--I am booked now for Jewel--next day....almost same room...and got the specified OBC....so no upgrades or extras..but I am happy it is all settled......

Bet--the ship will be packed.....!!!!

and I bet NCL knew that would happen as well:rolleyes:

OK--I am booked now for Jewel--next day....almost same room...and got the specified OBC....so no upgrades or extras..but I am happy it is all settled......

Bet--the ship will be packed.....!!!!

also, that is the first cruise post Jewel azipod emergency drydock.

I hope all this nonsense is taken care of by April 24...which is the Jewel's last cruise before the 2/3 week drydock it has scheduled. They have already cancelled the May 17 cruise to extend this drydock. Yes, I am concerned!!!

After reading the reassurances that we would not be on a Kiddie Kruise, DH and I are on the 12/5 Jewel. Same cabin, lower price, OBC. Since we're taking the train from Hamilton, NJ and not flying in to one of the NY area airports (we live in the northern Philadelphia suburbs), we are flexible.

Hope the changes work out for everyone posting here.

• 1 month later...
After reading the reassurances that we would not be on a Kiddie Kruise, DH and I are on the 12/5 Jewel. Same cabin, lower price, OBC. Since we're taking the train from Hamilton, NJ and not flying in to one of the NY area airports (we live in the northern Philadelphia suburbs), we are flexible.

Hope the changes work out for everyone posting here.

What train are you taking?

We will park in the garage at Hamilton station ($10/day) and take NJTransit train to Penn Station - then a cab to the dock. Yes, it will take longer but we will save money that we can spend onboard :)

We will park in the garage at Hamilton station ($10/day) and take NJTransit train to Penn Station - then a cab to the dock. Yes, it will take longer but we will save money that we can spend onboard :)

Thank you for the info. My wife and I are trying to figure out if we should take the train or park at the dock

• 4 weeks later...

Hi all,

Saw the post about the cancelled trip. I'm booked on the

Gem in January but sailed on the Jewel in October. Let me tell you the Jewel was great. All the staff was excellent. John O'hara the hotel director was the best. As far as the Nickelodien part of the cruise. It keeps the kids out of the adults hair. I only saw the kids on deck once, and it was when they walked through the atrium with the staff dressed like pirates. I happened to be sitting by the Java cafe having a booze filled coffee that was fantastic.

Hope you all have a great trip and Smooth sailing.

Mike:cool:

Heard from my daughter - dancer on board - Boston it is.

I figured it would be. The closest available drydock space is in Boston based on last minute bookings of them. We don't get a lot of traffic here in that drydock compared to places like Freeport, Bahamas. It costs more being in the USA to do work. Nice to have two different NCL ships spending mid-week in the city. Hope all of them have their winter jackets ready!! :D

PS... If she's still onboard tell her to say hi to Richard for me. She'll know who he is.

Archived