All things majesty of the seas

mets550

Just wondering.. is the Compass Deli an additional charge? I read somewhere that there is a charge for gelato.??:confused:

Where is the Sarrentos pizza?

Yeah, there is a charge for gelato at Lattetudes on Deck 5. Sorrento's is located in front of the Compass Deli on Deck 12, no additional charge for either.

http://www.royalcaribbean.com/findacruise/ships/ship/decks/deck/home.do?deckCode=CD&shipCode=MJ&shipProfile=1375&sailDate=1100927&hasNavigation=false

Edited by jjb415

Just wondering.. is the Compass Deli an additional charge? I read somewhere that there is a charge for gelato.??:confused:

Where is the Sarrentos pizza?

Compass Deli itself is no charge, but they carry items (Snapple teas and other specialty items) that are additional charge. Just make sure to read the signs, it's pretty clearly marked;)

Two Words: Compass Deli. Awesome sandwiches and crepes and this is how crowded it is at lunch time:

2928306050080150150S600x600Q85.jpg

And if you walk through the deli, you come to this vacant seating area. It overlooks the Windjammer so you can watch all the people hussling around the food stations:

2703072840080150150S600x600Q85.jpg

My son and I will be sailing on the Majesty of the Seas in March and I think the thing I am most looking forward to is the Compass Deli! Have sailed on Mariner of the Seas and will be sailing on the Navigator in November and neither of these ships have this venue....It's like this great little hidden delight. Cannot wait to try the Crepes!!

I found the straw market in Nassau to be small aisles, VERY hot and pushy. It was mostly fake bags, straw bags, fake watches and straw fans which you need if you spend more than 3 minutes in it.

Local food - take the #10 bus which is on Bay Street I think it is on the back side of the straw market across from the Edy's Ice Cream Store to the Arawak Cay for local fish fry. Conch is their major local food I think as everywhere you go - it's conch. The #10 bus is $1.25 per person and try to have exact change. Tell the bus driver where you want to go and he'll stop there.

Two Words: Compass Deli. Awesome sandwiches and crepes and this is how crowded it is at lunch time:

2928306050080150150S600x600Q85.jpg

This isn't totally correct about the empty space. We are usually sitting at the fifth table in (by ourselves).:D Actually I like their cream of broccoli when they make it, yum.

This isn't totally correct about the empty space. We are usually sitting at the fifth table in (by ourselves).:D Actually I like their cream of broccoli when they make it, yum.

Good call...Right after I took the pictures, the couch in the seating area overlooking the Windjammer was taken....by me! ;)

I'm glad I'm not the only one who's found this hidden gem. It's sooo nice to be able to get good quality food that's not buffet or extra charge. Not to mention that while I get an amazing soup and sandwich the kids can get their pizza right next door. :)

• 9 months later...

I just replied to another post in this thread before I realized how old it is.

Answering OP’s original post from quite a while ago, maybe this will revitalize this thread.

Nightlife: While there a few nightlife venues, the party crowd shifts from spot to spot each night. For example on the 3 night, the party crowd was in Spectrum on night one; On the pool deck for the midnight buffet and dance party until well after 3am on night two; and back in Spectrum for the farewell party until the wee hours on night 3. Boleros has Latin music and dancing and had a moderate crowd each night. Schooner has piano or guitar music and was busy with a sedate crowd. The Viking Crown Lounge was never busy.

Pool Deck events: Pretty much everything that is offered on longer cruises. Music most of the time. The midnight buffet/pool deck party is a hit.

Service and food: I felt the food selection is somewhat limited, but it is good. No lobster. Service is just fine.

Up to date: The ship is well-kept, but you can tell it is older.

Feel small?: Surprisingly the ship does not feel small once on board (well I suppose it would compared to Oasis/Freedom/Voyager with no Royal Promenade.

Best place to hang out during day: In port (it is in port every day). Other than that, Viking Crown Lounge is a relaxing place to hang out and take in the amazing views. Pool deck types can always find chairs on the deck above and surrounding the pool deck.

Best bars and lounges: Depends on your taste. Schooner for relaxing and chatting, Viking Crown for relaxing and nice views by day. Boleros for live Latin music and dancing. Spectrum for dj/dancing.

• 3 years later...

I know this is bringing back on old thread, but I have some of the same questions that were posted here over 4 years ago so figured I might as well.

Wondering about the night life? Seems like the Spectrum is where the "nightclub" is, not the Viking crown lounge like on other ships I have been on?

Also, Sorrento's and the Compass Deli are no charge and the Compass Deli is kinda like the Park Café that I have enjoyed on other ships? The hidden gem and not so busy?

I am on deck 8, so pretty sure all the views are of lifeboats...anyone that can confirm or comment on this. Must be still somewhat of a view to enjoy?

Yes.one of the reasons I am excited for my cruise on Majesty too..been on many cruises out of Fl, but none have stopped at Key West. Looks and sounds like a fun place.

If Majesty of the Seas is like my experience on Monarch of the Seas...there should be some late night swimming after the club shuts down and lots going on if your with the right crowd!

• 1 year later...