What's the Perfect Size Ship for You?

jhannah

If size matters to you, what's the "just right" number of pax on your ideal ship?  

97 members have voted

1. 1. If size matters to you, what's the "just right" number of pax on your ideal ship?

• Fewer than 300
    • 301-700
    • 701-1100
    • 1101-1500
    • 1501-1900
    • 1901-2300
    • 2301-2700
    • The more the merrier!

Susan, I doubt you would notice much difference ... if any at all. I've been on their sisters, Rotterdam and Zuiderdam, and they both seemed to have the same space feel to them. The Zuiderdam is just larger, that's all. (But then, it carries more pax.) I think HAL's ratios are better overall than most other lines, so you'd probably have to compare an apple and an orange so to speak.

Susan--

No worries - I think its fun talking (typing?) about stuff like this...

Honestly, I didn't feel that Amsterdam was any more crowded than Oosterdam. I did however miss some of the additional amenities of the larger ship, and I personally prefer the Vista Class layout of w/ most public rooms at the Promenade Deck level and below instead of above the Promenade in the middle of the ship.

I didn't miss walking the extra 170' tho!!!

We definitely prefer the smaller ships. We have never been on a larger ship than the Maasdam and would hate to be on a huge ship that had nearly 3000 people like the Sapphire Princess.

We have enjoyed two lovely cruises on smaller ships ie. the Prinsendam and the Tahitian Princess. The advantage of a smaller ship is that you do get to know more people as you tend to bump into the same people during the day. That of course can work against you, if you are trying to avoid someone.

Jennie

Archived