Stores that carry "FIRE" season clothing

Joby

Hi All.

I've just been diagnosed by Curt as an Earth, which is not totally surprising. :-) We leave on a cruise on Saturday and I'm trying to add a few Earth colored tops before we go. He suggested that you ladies might have some good suggestions for Earth tones and where I should look. It seems like a lot of what's in the stores for springtime are bright, cool tones and I need warm, muted tones. :-)

I'm glad to join in the fun here!! I will say I have a really difficult time identifying some of the different colors, and I hope with your ongoing input that will become much easier.

:-) amcb

Hi All.

I've just been diagnosed by Curt as an Earth, which is not totally surprising. :-) We leave on a cruise on Saturday and I'm trying to add a few Earth colored tops before we go. He suggested that you ladies might have some good suggestions for Earth tones and where I should look. It seems like a lot of what's in the stores for springtime are bright, cool tones and I need warm, muted tones. :-)

I'm glad to join in the fun here!! I will say I have a really difficult time identifying some of the different colors, and I hope with your ongoing input that will become much easier.

:-) amcb

Welcome to the EARTH sisterhood!

Kim...do you mind if we talk earth on your thread? (And it IS your thread because you are the OP). Or should we try to start an earth thread? I don't want to get off topic if that would be annoying...or is it interesting to you? Is it helpful to see the differences between the clear Fire colors and the muted Earth colors? I know Jane chimed in here too...I was talking here first because Mom is Fire and so I had some input that was on topic...you know I'm a chatter box, but I don't want to do anything offensive...so let me know...

Anita,

I think breaking off to a separate EARTH thread is a great idea because it will avoid confusion when discussing color tones that may appear close/similar to FIRE. I always enjoy reading your comments!! I will be a faithful follower of the EARTH discussions, not only because for years and years I thought I was EARTH, but because you really have a great way of explaining your thoughts and you post pics too!!! ;) :D

And with CJW's comments on all the beautiful EARTH ladies on the red carpet awards lately, you have some awesome role models insofar as fashion choices......:)

OP Kim, I'll stay with you here on this thread also.....no worries!!:D

Hi color pals,

our 'puter blew up from a freak thunderstorm we had :( One day we had 5" of snow and 2 days later we had a horrible storm and even a tornado was sighted.

So, I have extremely limited 'puter use (at work and my sister's if need be). We've ordered a new 'puter and hopefully, I'll be back to full steam.

Anita and Terri--good idea on a new thread (not because I'm possessive but, as Terri said to avoid confusion and Lord knows I am confused :D )

I'll write more when I have the new 'puter.

Kim

Hello to all my Fire Sisiters and Earth Cousins (saw your new thread!)!

Just to introduce myself to some of you that don't know me...

I'm Julie and was medium active on the original "Season" thread.

All my life I thought I was an Air and then Curt diagnosed me as

a Fire...life has never been the same!

After being off the boards for a long time:rolleyes:, I've done my homework and read this thread from beginning to end. You guys are amazing. It's so

informative and fun. Love it!

After looking for a long time for eye shadow that's a

warm green (Curt's recomedation) I finally found a quad

and wanted to share it with you.

It's Lancome so it's a little pricey, but eyeshadow seems

to last a long time so I think it's worth it.

Lancome

Radiant Smoothing Eye-Shadow Quad

Divine Hold

C20 Jardin d'Eden

I love the way the four colors combine and I think it

looks very pretty on.

I think it would probably work good on Earth ladies also.

Let me know what y'all think!

Lancome

Divine Hold

C20 Jardin d'Eden

looks very pretty on.

I need a little more help finding this! The only sites that have the description of C20 Jardin d'Eden are European; I can't locate this quad in any of my "usual" stores. Help me out please because I'd love to find a truly warm green eyeshadow, as well.

Kim, how are you doing with your computer? I've been so busy, busy, busy that I haven't had time to think. I haven't sent you an email, yet, but you're on my to-do list. I just don't want to clutter up your life if you're having computer problems.

Hi, everyone! Spring is arriving here in full force and I'm so happy to welcome its arrival! :D

Kim, how are you doing with your computer? I've been so busy, busy, busy that I haven't had time to think. I haven't sent you an email, yet, but you're on my to-do list. I just don't want to clutter up your life if you're having computer problems.

Our new computer should be here on Wednesday :) I sure miss it! I feel like I'm cut off from the world.

Please do email me, it would be great fun to meet up!

Hello to all my Fire Sisiters and Earth Cousins (saw your new thread!)!

Just to introduce myself to some of you that don't know me...

I'm Julie and was medium active on the original "Season" thread.

All my life I thought I was an Air and then Curt diagnosed me as

a Fire...life has never been the same!

After being off the boards for a long time:rolleyes:, I've done my homework and read this thread from beginning to end. You guys are amazing. It's so

informative and fun. Love it!

Welcome Jubie :)

I was in the same boat as you--I was told I was a summer/air and for 30 years that's how I dressed :o

I LOVE my new FIRE clothes and accessories.

I also would like to hear more about the green eye shadow.

Please share any time you have a question and/or want to show off something. It's a lot of fun.

I need a little more help finding this! The only sites that have the description of C20 Jardin d'Eden are European; I can't locate this quad in any of my "usual" stores. Help me out please because I'd love to find a truly warm green eyeshadow, as well.

Never thought of that. Sorry. :o

I live in a galaxy far, far away and thats what's in the stores here.

The individual names of the colors aren't on the box,so I'll try to describe

them. All are shimmery. The first is a basic off white for highlighting.

There is a gold, a lightish olive green and a khaki.

Did you see a picture of the palette on line? If you want I'll be happy to try and take a picture of it for you....

Is this a FIRE color or not? It has gold'ish/brown'ish buttons, I "think" But, we all know what happens when I "think" :)

It's on clearance and I would like to get a new rain type jacket.

I also have another jacket in question by Columbia but, I can't find a picture of it. It's brown'ish with a mint green accent color. I'm afraid it might be summer/ AIR though. I'llk keep looking for a picture.

We got our new 'puter last night--I should be back in business today :)

351478?$ibm_large$

Shown in:

View Larger

It looks firey to me. :) Have you seen it in person? If so, is it nice and bright? You may have a winner here.

:D

No, I haven't seen it in person, only online :(

If I get enough "yea's" from you experts, I may give it a go.

I'm going to check and see if I can return it to a local store though. I don't like having to pay S/H anyway but REALLY dislike it when I have to pay to ship it back.

I would still really like to find a windbreaker type jacket in the lovely blue of ours. Are you in the mood to shop :D

Thanks for your highly valued opinion!

I looked up the store online return policy and also asked at the store today and I can return it to the store SO, I'm going to give it a shot and order it.

I'll let you know when I get it what I think and then see what you all think.

I sure like the help on this thread :) Thanks gals.

I found a blue polish that I think is a pretty good match for our FIRE blue. It's called "Forever Mine" Denim Wanted by Essence.

I got the nerve and wore it on my fingernails (I actually bought it for my toenails--and even that was a bit of a stretch for me-- let alone using it on my fingernails :eek:).

The color has a touch of green in it and is a little lighter IRL but, this is close to what it looks like and it matches closely with the blue on our cards.

essenceledenimwantedfore.png

Essence_LE_Denim_Wanted_Forever_Mine.png

Lancome

Divine Hold

C20 Jardin d'Eden

looks very pretty on.

Jubie and Pam,

I found this at the Ulta store in Indy. I found it on clearance for $2.

What do you think? It's called "Serengeti".

http://www.nyxcosmetics.com/index.php?pf=TS

I found a blue polish that I think is a pretty good match for our FIRE blue. It's called "Forever Mine" Denim Wanted by Essence.

I got the nerve and wore it on my fingernails (I actually bought it for my toenails--and even that was a bit of a stretch for me-- let alone using it on my fingernails :eek:).

The color has a touch of green in it and is a little lighter IRL but, this is close to what it looks like and it matches closely with the blue on our cards.

essenceledenimwantedfore.png

Essence_LE_Denim_Wanted_Forever_Mine.png

Very nice! :)

I recently bought a color close to that blue called Marine Scene and I wore it on my toes, with peeptoe booties in caramel brown. Nice combo!

And, I am wearing a light spring green on my toesies now. This is a brave departure for me, but I really like it! Next I'm going to try yellow for my pedicure.

Jubie and Pam,

http://www.nyxcosmetics.com/index.php?pnk

I think it looks pretty. It's much lighter than what I got

but that doesn't mean a thing! How does it look??

BTW my name is Julie. The other is a combo of my name

and my DH's.

Jubie and Pam,

and my DH's.

I checked it out and it is really nice, and seems perfect for Fire! Nice choice. How does it feel to wear such vibrant colors? I am loving it!!

It's called "Serengeti".

and my DH's.

Hi Julie--Kim here. I do like it. It's really different for me but all of my new FIRE "stuff" is new to me, so it's just one more to the mix :)

I checked it out and it is really nice, and seems perfect for Fire! Nice choice. How does it feel to wear such vibrant colors? I am loving it!!

Hi Terri,

Could it be that I am making a little progress on recognizing the FIRE colors :eek:

I do LOVE my new colors! I just need to gain knowledge, experience and confidence in choosing them, especially my obsessive FIRE blues, greens and purples :D

It has also helped me to branch out into "wilder" colors than I have previously worn--like blue nails :)

I wish I had the intuitive eye that you and Anita have and I'm really glad to have you guys to help me with learning things.

Anita, a question for you.

Do you remember waaaay back on the season's thread that you mentioned that you saw nice paint color chips at Lowe's? I went several months ago and tried to pick out some so that I could add to my CJW color cards. Not real sure how well I actually did now.

If you are ever so inclined, sometime when you are at Lowe's and have extra time, would you consider a buzz by that paint chip section and give some exact ideas on FIRE colors?

We have a Lowe's here at home and it might give us newbie FIRES a good lesson, one that we could all actually compare and discuss and see and feel and touch and hold and...

Maybe even if TerriSea has a Lowe's and she's so inclined too, it would be a way that anyone who has Lowe's could run out and get certain chips and could compare and contrast with those of you who have that wonderful keen eye for color and differences :)

We could all hold the exact same FREE chips and see and ask questions.

Just a thought.