Stores that carry "FIRE" season clothing

Joby

Alrighty, here are the new Goodwill things I got today.

-the shoes are new with tags and they have a cute little cork wedge.

-the green shrug I'm debating if it would get enough use and be useable over enough things

-the aqua sleeveless is a new p.j. top

-the green 3/4 shirt is from Chadwick's but, it has to be ironed and I'm a bit lazy on ironing

-the orange multi top is from Athleta and it's also debatable because I usually don't wear "athletic gear" to exercise. I usually wear a t-shirt from a vacation :) But, thought it was close enough to FIRE to be something a little different.

Plus I found 2 pairs of jeans. One is NWT and the other is a nice brightish blue denim with gold thread. No pics of those though.

Any "hits" or any "misses"?

691939859_gwclothes004.jpg.6ae34126d8555c8f6c3a9f10a1d71f97.jpg

497552251_gwclothes003.jpg.7d58a14532671de2ed7f36e771320982.jpg

429902375_gwclothes002.jpg.b89077a1ec1affaed1ae87d1b5a40a24.jpg

Alrighty, here are the new Goodwill things I got today.

-the shoes are new with tags and they have a cute little cork wedge.

-the green shrug I'm debating if it would get enough use and be useable over enough things

-the aqua sleeveless is a new p.j. top

-the green 3/4 shirt is from Chadwick's but, it has to be ironed and I'm a bit lazy on ironing

-the orange multi top is from Athleta and it's also debatable because I usually don't wear "athletic gear" to exercise. I usually wear a t-shirt from a vacation :) But, thought it was close enough to FIRE to be something a little different.

Plus I found 2 pairs of jeans. One is NWT and the other is a nice brightish blue denim with gold thread. No pics of those though.

Any "hits" or any "misses"?

OK :o I have typed two very witty replies to this post. Then I push a wrong button and WHAMO ~~ it disappears. I really MUST learn how to navigate on this board!

I HAVE these shoes and IMHO, they are most definitely a HIT! Thanks for reminding me that I have them. I haven't taken the time to put up my winter boots and bring out the sandals. After a week of nice spring weather in February, it turned cold and cloudy for the past two weeks. Yuck.

Thank you, thank you, thank you again Ladies for the excellent word pictures and photos that explain our FIRE colors. Yes, we like the photos! The Happy Fire Family Photos especially help me. Also, every time some one mentions a store color, I am able to open another tab and find it online. I am able to memorize it (hopefully) for future use. Please keep sharing these color names!

I discovered something today that made me realize that I am truly beginning to "get" it. I was looking at dresses on the Dillards site (I think) and sorted by the COLOR blue. When the blue dresses filled my screen, I began eliminating them by ICE, AIR, FIRE and EARTH. Wellllll, I may not have gotten ALL of them right, but I think I got a few of them right. I agree that the blues and purples are extremely hard to determine and the greens run a close second for me. Wait, who am I kidding? They're ALL hard!

Joby, do you think the color on the card: is one of the PERIWINKLEs? I'll add to your question: is it supposed to be PERIWINKLE BLUE or DEEP PERIWINKLE? I have a real problem thinking the color on my card is bright. It seems dull to me, but Periwinkle has always been another elusive color that I can't seem to "see" either. It is either always too blue or too purple or too dull. I've been waiting for someone to post it so I could get "edjumicated" about it too! Thanks for asking the question. I'd like to know also.:) Debbie

I HAVE these shoes and IMHO, they are most definitely a HIT! Thanks for reminding me that I have them. I haven't taken the time to put up my winter boots and bring out the sandals. After a week of nice spring weather in February, it turned cold and cloudy for the past two weeks. Yuck.

That's too funny, Debbie. I thought they were cute and a FIRE color but, I'm never 100% sure of any of the colors. It seems like each time I'm "sure" someone points out an undertone in the color and then it sticks out like a sore thumb. I wonder why I didn't see it in the first place .

Joby, do you think the color on the card: is one of the PERIWINKLEs? I'll add to your question: is it supposed to be PERIWINKLE BLUE or DEEP PERIWINKLE? I have a real problem thinking the color on my card is bright. It seems dull to me, but Periwinkle has always been another elusive color that I can't seem to "see" either. It is either always too blue or too purple or too dull. I've been waiting for someone to post it so I could get "edjumicated" about it too! Thanks for asking the question. I'd like to know also.

Inquiring minds must think alike sometimes :D

Fantastic shopping Kim!! I think every single one of them is a HIT!! It's a Happy Color Party IMO!

Keep the green shrug...just because you aren't sure about it right now...that shrug is just WAITING for some cute sundresses...a plain tank and a print skirt...a print tank and a neutral bottom...OR you to become daring enough to mix and match with the whole "color blocking" that is the current trend...Point being...the color is too spot on for you to not keep even if you don't have a current use...it WILL be useful at some point.

Fantastic shopping Kim!! I think every single one of them is a HIT!! It's a Happy Color Party IMO!

Keep the green shrug...just because you aren't sure about it right now...that shrug is just WAITING for some cute sundresses...a plain tank and a print skirt...a print tank and a neutral bottom...OR you to become daring enough to mix and match with the whole "color blocking" that is the current trend...Point being...the color is too spot on for you to not keep even if you don't have a current use...it WILL be useful at some point.

Thanks for the opinion, Anita. Your keen color eye is always appreciated. I won't get too cocky though because the next time I think I've got a "winner" it will be off ;)

I live in such an insulated world that--I've never had or worn a shrug :oJust want to make sure I'm age appropriate ;)

Thanks for the opinion, Anita. Your keen color eye is always appreciated. I won't get too cocky though because the next time I think I've got a "winner" it will be off ;)

I live in such an insulated world that--I've never had or worn a shrug :oJust want to make sure I'm age appropriate ;)

I don't think that shrugs are age related...I think Mom has a similar shrug in a metallic gold...shrugs are the universal item used by all to be comfortable in air conditioning when otherwise dressed appropriately for the elements...also, shrugs help to transition summer clothing into spring/autumn...simply a buttonless cardigan, the shrug functions just like a cardigan...maybe it's just me, but I don't think of the buttonless shrug as "office attire" as much as the more traditional shrug that would be associated with a "twin set"...if you want a shrug to stay together more, you can find different things to grab the end together (like fashion pins)...but I don't think this necessarily increases the formality of the garment so much as adds personality...and I guess that because these are my thoughts on the shrug, I think that it is a timeless/ageless kind of thing...and with continued FIRE purchases, you will eventually discover a match for it or wish for it because of what you find in the future, let alone what you will discover by playing with your current wardrobe. :)

Wow Kim!

What great purchases. I'm sure you'll enjoy

them all, including the shrug. Anita said it, and Curt

has taught us, if you see an item like that in a Fire color

buy it. Who knows when we'll see it again in the stores.

Enjoy,enjoy,enjoy :D

Nice job, Kim!

As far as shrugs, I think it's more a figure 'shape' reason than age for not wearing them. In my opinion, shrugs generally are not flattering to the bustier ones amongst us. At least I've never found one that didn't make me look like I was 'busting out' of it LOL:)

Jane

Edited by JaneStarr

Nice job, Kim!

As far as shrugs, I think it's more a figure 'shape' reason than age for not wearing them. In my opinion, shrugs generally are not flattering to the bustier ones amongst us. At least I've never found one that didn't make me look like I was 'busting out' of it LOL:)

Jane

I resemble this remark...LOL. :D No shrugs in my closet either...

Hi, Hi, Hi! :D

I have been absent for color classes lately!! :p

Anita is extraordinarily talented at explaining and getting me to open my mind to the wonderful world of colors! Kudos, Miss Anita!!

This past week was my first week at my new, full-time job! And it has been so hectic -- I am really wiped out at the end of the day...I am not used to a one hour commute in traffic each way, then a jam-packed day, and paying up to $20 a day for parking! But I am exploring public transportation options and hopefully next week will go a little better....:)

I have been enjoying catching up with the wardrobe-building questions. About a year ago I really began replacing my unflattering colors and ONLY buying what I thought were Fire pieces. Since then I have realized that some of the pieces are slightly-to-noticeably "off". One example is a kelly green blazer. I thought it was bright spring green but now that it lives in my rainbow colored closet, I can clearly see that it is definitely cool green. So there it sits, unworn day after day....:p

You all should see my closet....it is the brightest closet ever!! (wink)

I promise to take some photos real soon to show you, it is like nothing I have ever seen before.

So, my first week on the job. The dress code is fairly rigid, but we do have casual dress on Friday.

Here is what I wore:

Monday: black trousers with bright blue tweed blazer, blue sleeveless shell. Black ankle boots

Tues: chartreuse blouse, chocolate skirt, wide brown leather belt with green and gold accent stitching, brown suede pumps with peridot green crystal accents

Wed: Warm grey pinstripe skirt, violet/fuschia sleeveless shell, black blazer, black peep-toe pumps (I had yellow polish on my toes!!)

Thurs: camel trousers, ivory cowlneck short-sleeve sweater, camel pumps (these pumps are super cute- But these made one foot blister and the other foot bleed, so ran to drugstore for moleskin to get through the day, then tossed out shoes when I got home. Had a strong martini before dinner...)

Fri: denim jeans, printed top in brown, gold, red floral and brown cotton casual blazer, camel flats (comfy!!)

Outerwear: ivory wool princess coat, brown leather jacket and orange trenchcoat

As you can see, I did not achieve 100% FIRE colors with the inclusion of black pants and blue denim jeans. But, overall, the colors I chose were significantly brighter than the majority of people in my office (It is a large office with at least 400 people, because it is the corporate HQ.)

Today I got in a little shopping to round out my choices and got a great pair of replacement pumps in champagne metallic....really pretty and much more comfy!

I also picked up an orange umbrella, a fuschia blouse and a camisole in perriwinkle and violet! I know you all want to see pics, and I again promise to do so, as soon as I get the correct USB cable to replace the one my dog ate recently.

Good to hear from you Terri!

Loved the lowdown on your work wardrobe. You sound Firey all right.

Good luck with the new job.

I agree that Anita is a gem at explaining things to us. She manages

to do it in a way that makes it understandable.

Good to hear from you Terri!

Loved the lowdown on your work wardrobe. You sound Firey all right.

Good luck with the new job.

I agree that Anita is a gem at explaining things to us. She manages

to do it in a way that makes everthing understandable.

Terri, so happy to hear from you! Those camel flats on Friday must be super comfy to still be wearable after the disastrous Thursday shoes! What brand are they?

I had the exact same thought about my closet, as well, the other day. It's uplifting to go in there and see all those bright colors. Such a change from the closet of yesteryears. Sorry all you muted color ladies; I'm sure your closet "speaks" to you as well... maybe in soft whispers instead of the LOUD HELLO that my closet gives me! LOL. :D

Thank you for posting your outfit selection(s). See, this is what I was asking when I posted about those infamous white cargo capris. IRL... how are we doing with our wardrobes? There's the "theory" and then the "practicality" of finding the right pieces for our lifestyle needs.

And, it's very interesting, isn't it, how our eyes continue to become more educated and enlightened as time goes by. I think part of the assistance is that we've managed to find colors that are appropriate and "right," which makes the slightly-off "finds" more noticeable.

Anyway, hello! Yes, you know we always want pictures. Love pictures. Kim called it a wardrobe pictodiary... which I thought was a very cool word. Post a pictodiary please!

Hi, Hi, Hi! :D

I have been absent for color classes lately!!

Anita is extraordinarily talented at explaining and getting me to open my mind to the wonderful world of colors! Kudos, Miss Anita!!

This past week was my first week at my new, full-time job! And it has been so hectic -- I am really wiped out at the end of the day...I am not used to a one hour commute in traffic each way, then a jam-packed day, and paying up to $20 a day for parking! But I am exploring public transportation options and hopefully next week will go a little better....:)

I have been enjoying catching up with the wardrobe-building questions. About a year ago I really began replacing my unflattering colors and ONLY buying what I thought were Fire pieces. Since then I have realized that some of the pieces are slightly-to-noticeably "off". One example is a kelly green blazer. I thought it was bright spring green but now that it lives in my rainbow colored closet, I can clearly see that it is definitely cool green. So there it sits, unworn day after day....:p

You all should see my closet....it is the brightest closet ever!! (wink)

I promise to take some photos real soon to show you, it is like nothing I have ever seen before.

So, my first week on the job. The dress code is fairly rigid, but we do have casual dress on Friday.

Here is what I wore:

Monday: black trousers with bright blue tweed blazer, blue sleeveless shell. Black ankle boots

Tues: chartreuse blouse, chocolate skirt, wide brown leather belt with green and gold accent stitching, brown suede pumps with peridot green crystal accents

Wed: Warm grey pinstripe skirt, violet/fuschia sleeveless shell, black blazer, black peep-toe pumps (I had yellow polish on my toes!!)

Thurs: camel trousers, ivory cowlneck short-sleeve sweater, camel pumps (these pumps are super cute- But these made one foot blister and the other foot bleed, so ran to drugstore for moleskin to get through the day, then tossed out shoes when I got home. Had a strong martini before dinner...)

Fri: denim jeans, printed top in brown, gold, red floral and brown cotton casual blazer, camel flats (comfy!!)

Outerwear: ivory wool princess coat, brown leather jacket and orange trenchcoat

As you can see, I did not achieve 100% FIRE colors with the inclusion of black pants and blue denim jeans. But, overall, the colors I chose were significantly brighter than the majority of people in my office (It is a large office with at least 400 people, because it is the corporate HQ.)

Today I got in a little shopping to round out my choices and got a great pair of replacement pumps in champagne metallic....really pretty and much more comfy!

I also picked up an orange umbrella, a fuschia blouse and a camisole in perriwinkle and violet! I know you all want to see pics, and I again promise to do so, as soon as I get the correct USB cable to replace the one my dog ate recently.

Congrats on your new job, Terri!!!

I love hearing about your weekly clothing diary. Now, I'm waiting on pictures :D

Tell me more about the periwinkle cami. We just recently talked about the color on our FIRE cards that is above the blues. I've never ever seen anything even close to that color. Is that the color your new cami is in?

Tell your pup to chew on toys not cables ;) Our new pup, Piper, likes to chew on her toys WHILE chewing on us too! Sometimes WE are the toy :eek:

I was shopping for some cute casual sundresses for dinner. I am 61 and need some sleeves to cover up what gravity is destoying:D Iam so dissapointed with the lack of color choices. If it has a sleeve it is red, black or blue, come on, give me some color, fire please:D

Kris

I was shopping for some cute casual sundresses for dinner. I am 61 and need some sleeves to cover up what gravity is destoying:D Iam so dissapointed with the lack of color choices. If it has a sleeve it is red, black or blue, come on, give me some color, fire please:D

Kris

I'm with you on that :)

Hi color pals,

I have a couple of new purchases that I think are pretty good for FIRE (hoping).

The dress I got for $1 at the St. Vincent thrift store that I volunteer at. The little brown gros grain ribbons on the pockets are much cuter IRL. It's just simple and neutral (I think).

The jacket I got new at Penny's. It was $200 and I got it for $29. It has a hood and a half belt in the back. It's 70% wool/20%nylon/10%cashmere. I think it will make a nice neutral jacket for next winter.

Winners or losers???

http://s1094.photobucket.com/albums/i446/joby2/?action=view&current=001.jpg

http://s1094.photobucket.com/albums/i446/joby2/?action=view&current=001.jpg#!oZZ1QQcurrentZZhttp%3A%2F%2Fs1094.photobucket.com%2Falbums%2Fi446%2Fjoby2%2F%3Faction%3Dview%26current%3Ddress001.jpg

Hi color pals,

I have a couple of new purchases that I think are pretty good for FIRE (hoping).

The dress I got for $1 at the St. Vincent thrift store that I volunteer at. The little brown gros grain ribbons on the pockets are much cuter IRL. It's just simple and neutral (I think).

The jacket I got new at Penny's. It was $200 and I got it for $29. It has a hood and a half belt in the back. It's 70% wool/20%nylon/10%cashmere. I think it will make a nice neutral jacket for next winter.

Winners or losers???

http://s1094.photobucket.com/albums/i446/joby2/?action=view&current=001.jpg

http://s1094.photobucket.com/albums/i446/joby2/?action=view&current=001.jpg#!oZZ1QQcurrentZZhttp%3A%2F%2Fs1094.photobucket.com%2Falbums%2Fi446%2Fjoby2%2F%3Faction%3Dview%26current%3Ddress001.jpg

They look like winners to me! Let's see what the experts, Anita, Pam

and Terri think.

They're lovely! Enjoy them!! :)

They look like winners to me! Let's see what the experts, Anita, Pam

and Terri think.

They're lovely! Enjoy them!! :)

I don't know if am an expert...but thanks for the complement!

Kim...they look great! The jacket is a great find...it should go well with all your FIRE clothes and be a wonderful neutral. On that same note...the dress looks like another good neutral...it will make the perfect background for you to accessorize with your FIRE colors...and it's adding those colors that will turn the dress into the WOW (especially if you add the color pop around your face)...you can have fun with all kinds of things from scarves to shoes...at $1, that is an AMAZING find! wtg!

I agree! The colors are warm yet neutral. You can pair the dress with a blazer or cardigan in any bright color, perhaps fuschia or chartreuse if you dare, or keep it calmer with creamy ivory or soft gold. A long beaded necklace would look great too!

And the warm jacket - a nice finishing piece for cool weather.

Nicely done!!!

• 2 weeks later...