Stores that carry "FIRE" season clothing

Joby

Not to be too personal...BUT...I'm all choked up seeing these pictures of Mom...the hair color...the hair style...how fit she is...how happy she looks...I swear I've been transported back decades...I love my beautiful Mama...I'm lovin' every day of this pictodiary.

Hi Anita,

I am a "lurker" on this thread, but I just had to tell you that it is so wonderful that you said such nice things about your Mom. Too many people take their loved ones for granted until they are gone. My Mom would have been 80 this coming thursday, and I miss her so much. Enjoy every minute of your time together.

Karin

Not to be too personal...BUT...I'm all choked up seeing these pictures of Mom...the hair color...the hair style...how fit she is...how happy she looks...I swear I've been transported back decades...I love my beautiful Mama...I'm lovin' every day of this pictodiary.

Hi Anita,

I am a "lurker" on this thread, but I just had to tell you that it is so wonderful that you said such nice things about your Mom. Too many people take their loved ones for granted until they are gone. My Mom would have been 80 this coming thursday, and I miss her so much. Enjoy every minute of your time together.

Karin

Karin,

You are so right!

Now, don't lurk so much and join in the conversation:D

The pictodiary... <gasp> it's starting to feel kind of like I'm sucking all the air out of the room and hogging the conversation. kwim? I had such a fun trip! I'm just thining that I love it when other people post pictures so I'm assuming that you ladies are enjoying this peak into my vacation. If you reach a saturation point, just tell me to STOP. ;)

Pam,

You are absolutely NOT hogging the conversation. you are adding to it and it's so much fun!!!!!!!!!

Pam,

I don't have too much time to comment but, I LOVE the green dress and your DH looks great and you have blended both FIRE and ICE so well.

I'll post more later :)

Courtesy of Anita, who wanted her Dad to wear a necktie that would complement my dress. We found a great ICE green, don't you think? Funny to have FIRE and ICE in a photo, isn't it? BUT, I can't even begin to tell you the comments that we endured that evening. Everything ranging from how "sweet" we were to questions about whether we booked a limo for our "prom" date, etc. Really?!?

:mad: Reading this makes me angry. How immature!!

Just about everyone I know that has any opportunity for formal family photos to be taken will coordinate their family's attire...picking a color or two...or denim or whatever, so that everyone in the photo matches and it makes a beautiful photo...Why would people take it upon themselves to comment? And especially to offer teasing, negative commentary? UGH!!

I've said my piece. Done.

Mom, you look fabulous! The photo of you and Dad is great. Love seeing the FIRE and ICE green together...just to see the difference. I'm thinking the blue in The Blu is FIRE blue...OT: Did Dad ever wear a pocket square?

Keep the photos coming! It's great fun to see all the different variations of FIRE colors! :)

Oh, I wouldn't be angry about comments of people. Here's what I thought was interesting. We were wearing two DIFFERENT greens, but those people couldn't tell the difference. They were calling us "matchy, matchy" but we really weren't. A perfect ICE green and a perfect FIRE green! We just looked good in the appropriate green for us; that's all.

So, all the evenings on Celebrity Solstice are Smart Casual, if they aren't a formal night. It's a little more dressed than Royal Caribbean, who mixes in Smart Casual, with Casual, and formal. What that means is that men will usually be wearing a jacket for dinner (no tie).

So, here's my first Smart Casual evening. The dress is Chico's Travelers in Chocolate. The jacket is also Chico's; they called it a Jeweled Jacket. The clutch is bright gold, Michael Kors (a real find in the Las Vegas Premium Outlet Mall!).

11s368o.jpg

The next Smart Casual evening. Well, here is where I have a not-as-put-together outfit. The purple top is from Limited and was a real find. The pants are Chico's Travelers, black drawstring crop pants. Chico's just doesn't make all of their Travelers in Chocolate or Chocolate Chip, and the Travelers fabric packs so beautifully and is so lightweight.... well, I just can't get rid of all of it quite yet. My shoes are another Helle Comfort.

2a8rbq8.jpg

Hi Member 123. You look great in your green dress! I have always thought that I looked sallow in green, but maybe I was just not looking at the right color green. I love the purple top. I have a few in that style (wrong colors for me, I now know) and love how they fit. They are so comfortable and can be dressy or casual. I can't give them up yet. I have that problem with a lot of clothes that I have that I know are the wrong colors for me. I am slowly buying new things in fire colors. It sure makes it easy to shop when you just look for certain colors. I can fly through the sale racks and then on to the next store, lol!

Karin

Julie, Thank you so much!

I was fortunate in that I found the Seasons Thread when CJW was much more active... prior to marriage and daughter... and I had such an uplifting experience with him. He has quite a wonderful eye and knowledge. I lightened my hair, but more importantly I lightened my heart! And, then Anita found Zumba and I've now lightened my body! LOL. 10 lbs worth! I do feel like a different person, in a way. I was struggling with the mirror... well, I can struggle with the mirror. Like my hairdresser says, "step away from the 5X magnification... just step away!"

The pictodiary... <gasp> it's starting to feel kind of like I'm sucking all the air out of the room and hogging the conversation. kwim? I had such a fun trip! I'm just thining that I love it when other people post pictures so I'm assuming that you ladies are enjoying this peak into my vacation. If you reach a saturation point, just tell me to STOP. ;)

Oh, Pam, PLEASE don't stop! I'm really enjoying your pictodiary (LOVE the term Anita coined)! I'm also adoring how you two speak and feel about each other.

I had eye (cataract) surgery last week, and more on June 7th, so I'm going to have to really wait to fully enjoy the great photos.

Thanks SO much for sharing. In a way, I feel I was present at your "re-awakening", as you, Anita and so many other were at mine!

If I had to choose one, you would be Curt's #1 color makeover success story!

Happy Memorial Day!

I'm in Maine with my husband's family until tomorrow. Nieces' graduation party today (one from college and her sis from HS). Tomorrow, driving the 4 1/2 hrs home to CT with MIL. She's staying with us until next Sunday. We have 2 "Grandmother of the Bride" dress fittings in CT, followed by Nicole's Bridal Shower in NJ. MIL, SIL and my Mom are all having me drive them to NJ and back. Should be "interesting" 5 hours in the car. Good thing we are staying over Sat.night at a hotel in NJ. I am stretched really thin right now (between the eye surgery, travel, houseguests and bridal shower planning). My younger DD, Suzanne, is MOH and is "hosting" the shower, but she has never even been to one -- or to a friends wedding, for that matter. I'm trying to step back and give her creative control, but the bills are getting out of hand.

Oops...time to go to the graduation party.

Jane

:mad: Reading this makes me angry. How immature!!

Just about everyone I know that has any opportunity for formal family photos to be taken will coordinate their family's attire...picking a color or two...or denim or whatever, so that everyone in the photo matches and it makes a beautiful photo...Why would people take it upon themselves to comment? And especially to offer teasing, negative commentary? UGH!!

I've said my piece. Done.

Mom, you look fabulous! The photo of you and Dad is great. Love seeing the FIRE and ICE green together...just to see the difference. I'm thinking the blue in The Blu is FIRE blue...OT: Did Dad ever wear a pocket square?

Keep the photos coming! It's great fun to see all the different variations of FIRE colors! :)

I agree with EVERY word, Anita! As my mother & MIL would say, "the others were just jealous"!

Wow!!! I love love love the green dress. By jove, I think she's got it!

As for the matchy, matchy, no way. I think you need to compliment each other for pictures. My DH always wears a tie to compliment my dress.

You are really getting this whole color thing down, great job and inspiring.

I am finding I am buying less because I am not just buying what is on sale. But, if I see a fire color, it may just have to come home with me.

I love cruising because it gives me an excuse to wear my new colors.

Kris

Hi, everybody! Happy Memorial Day to everyone and heartfelt thanks to our veterans and our current soldiers. God Bless Them All.

It's a Captain's Reception in the lovely Sky Lounge on board the Celebrity Solstice. This was a fabulous reception. The man with us is Captain Gerry, and if you have the opportunity to sail with him you will be treated to a fabulous ship and crew!

I am wearing Alberto Makali. Kim, you'll love this... I snagged it from a sales rack at Nordstroms. Obviously, it's a print, predominantly brown with jewel-toned accents. I think it works. I have on the Chico's Travelers in Chocolate Chip and back to the Cache gold hoop earrings.

2dkh6hg.jpg

Anita and I just talked on the phone. She was wondering if it would hurt my feelings if she posted some comments that were perhaps a bit critical. Heck, no! That's what this is all about. I want to invite some conversation so we can all learn from our hits and misses.

Here's one that might be a miss. You know, I tried to find some interesting places on the ship to take pictures and this beautiful painting was just in one of the hall areas. I thought the colors in the painting would be complimentary, so here I am. I'm back in my Michael Kors red top... the one on the balcony shot on embarkation day. I don't think I'm doing that great top any favors by pairing it with my Chico's Travelers white palazzo pants! It's the darn Travelers fabric... it just packs beautifully, but I think I'm over it now. It's not doing anything for me.. in the black and in the white... chocolate and chocolate chip I think are a definite yes. But maybe it's time to retire the white and the black. Agree?

66evpg.jpg

Jane, I hope your recovery on your eye surgery is a quick process...not fun...but what an amazing world we live in that this an option...

KIM is the one that coined the term pictodiary...I do love that word...and I am so enjoying Mom's current showing of hers...

Speaking of...I did talk with her about the latest pictures...

Looking at the smart casual night with the chocolate chip travelers dress and the jeweled jacket...The color of that dress is FABULOUS...LOVE it...that brown is darker than the "milk chocolate" color that we often talk about for FIRE, but as the picture shows...it's a great FIRE color...I think it is a rich and dark enough color that EARTH could wear it as well...Chocolate Chip travelers fabric looks like it would be a great addition to the warm side wardrobes.

The jeweled jacket on the other hand...can everyone see that it looks a bit MUTED next to the CLEAR traveler's fabric?...It works...Satisfies a need for sure...BUT it isn't the BEST...I could see that jacket over several of my pumpkin, rust, and other EARTH orange shirts...maybe an olive green...do I detect some green jewels on that jacket?...I have several items in my closet that are crying out for that jacket...

:D

Meanwhile...it works...and is a fine compromise for a neutral that will WORK with many different warm colored shirts/dresses.

The black and white travelers pants aren't horrible...but in the midst of all these fabulous outfits...when these pictures with the black and white pants come along...the photos do look a bit off...I do love that red top...that was such a find!...when I look at that photo...I can see how Curt is like...TEA STAIN...the white is so WHITE...with your FIRE red top...the white stands out...whereas, when you had the more tan colored pants on, the pants were more of a non-issue...I want that white to be warmer...richer...creamier...I don't know if traveler's fabric, being a synthetic would take very well to tea staining...you have to purchase special dye for synthetic fabric...

The purple shirt...the rich brown color of the column behind you...I wish your pants were that color...in response to you saying to me on the phone that the purple shirt feels "off"...the photo itself isn't the best because you have some red-eye...and your hair is totally blending into the woodwork...Do you have a photo of you in that shirt in natural light?...all I know is that I don't like that PHOTO as much as the others...I don't know if it's a function of the photo or the color of the shirt...but you aren't the focus of that photo as much as the shirt is...to me...

You, Dad, and the Captain!!!...That is a GREAT outfit!...LOVE the bright colors in with CHOCOLATE!...what a find!...and I love that blue and black shirt on Dad.

I think.

I now present to you an absolutely beautiful EARTH outfit. You know, Anita, that jacket might be headed your way.

I have a Michael Kors top that is a warm sandy/tan color, with a gold sequined type of built in necklace. I thought it looked great with the Chico's Jeweled Jacket, and I think it does. Paired with the Chico's chocolate chip crop pants, and my Softtspots shoes in dark brown patent. How Earthy?

I think this is a good example of what happens to us FIRE ladies when we dress warm, but not bright. Everyone agree?

4h9rg9.jpg

Yeah! Land! Ponta Delgada, Azores. This is a beautiful, beautiful island. The sun was so bright, so so bright. The camera, I think, made an adjustment for the light conditions.

I am wearing a Chico's no iron shirt, color name: Glow Stick. The overshirt is also from Chico's and its labeled a Devin denim Johansson Shirt. Although you can't see them, I have a Platinum Slig Leg Reg Jean Soft Sand Wash bottoms and my Siren Sport shoes, which were an absolute necessity for the cobblestones and the walking in the European ports. When we left for our trip, the weather in the Azores was predicted to be cloudy, high probablility of rain. We were so blessed with perfect weather. We were told to dress without much jewelry accessories while on shore, so I am wearing some very understated earrings.

28lcdhi.jpg

I'm in Maine with my husband's family until tomorrow. Nieces' graduation party today (one from college and her sis from HS). Tomorrow, driving the 4 1/2 hrs home to CT with MIL. She's staying with us until next Sunday. We have 2 "Grandmother of the Bride" dress fittings in CT, followed by Nicole's Bridal Shower in NJ. MIL, SIL and my Mom are all having me drive them to NJ and back. Should be "interesting" 5 hours in the car. Good thing we are staying over Sat.night at a hotel in NJ. I am stretched really thin right now (between the eye surgery, travel, houseguests and bridal shower planning). My younger DD, Suzanne, is MOH and is "hosting" the shower, but she has never even been to one -- or to a friends wedding, for that matter. I'm trying to step back and give her creative control, but the bills are getting out of hand.

Oops...time to go to the graduation party.

Jane

Jane, wishing you a speedy recovery from the eye surgery.

Good luck on the road trip to NJ with that carload. I bet you'll

have lots of funny stories to tell after that!!

So, here's my first Smart Casual evening. The dress is Chico's Travelers in Chocolate. The jacket is also Chico's; they called it a Jeweled Jacket. The clutch is bright gold, Michael Kors (a real find in the Las Vegas Premium Outlet Mall!).

11s368o.jpg

I agree with Miss Anita (although, I certainly don't have the color eye that she does:D). I think the jacket is a "miss". It has that putty gray/brown color to my eye. I have a pair of pants in that color that I got early on in my new FIRE search. They're called coffee or something. I find that I don't wear them as much as I thought. I "think" it's because in the back of my mind I know that aren't a super-de-dooper FIRE color.

You don't seem as bright and refreshed in this picture as in the green dress picture. I think you are a knock out in the green dress :)

The next Smart Casual evening. Well, here is where I have a not-as-put-together outfit. The purple top is from Limited and was a real find. The pants are Chico's Travelers, black drawstring crop pants. Chico's just doesn't make all of their Travelers in Chocolate or Chocolate Chip, and the Travelers fabric packs so beautifully and is so lightweight.... well, I just can't get rid of all of it quite yet. My shoes are another Helle Comfort.

2a8rbq8.jpg

I'm going against the grain (your and Anita's opinions) on this top. I LIKE you in it. I think you have that clear bright looking skin in this picture. I am not a fan of the black pants. I look at your legs and the balck pants and they don't have that clear look BUT when I look at your face and the purple top, your facial skin looks clear and fresh.

I'm kind of hesitant to voice my opinion because I am still on such a steep learning curve for FIRE. But, I want to know that if this is my opinion and it's wrong, someone will point it out and explain why the color is not the best choice. Does that make sense????

Hi Member 123. You look great in your green dress! I have always thought that I looked sallow in green, but maybe I was just not looking at the right color green. I love the purple top. I have a few in that style (wrong colors for me, I now know) and love how they fit. They are so comfortable and can be dressy or casual. I can't give them up yet. I have that problem with a lot of clothes that I have that I know are the wrong colors for me. I am slowly buying new things in fire colors. It sure makes it easy to shop when you just look for certain colors. I can fly through the sale racks and then on to the next store, lol!

Karin

Yaaaaaa!!!!

Hi, everybody! Happy Memorial Day to everyone and heartfelt thanks to our veterans and our current soldiers. God Bless Them All.

It's a Captain's Reception in the lovely Sky Lounge on board the Celebrity Solstice. This was a fabulous reception. The man with us is Captain Gerry, and if you have the opportunity to sail with him you will be treated to a fabulous ship and crew!

I am wearing Alberto Makali. Kim, you'll love this... I snagged it from a sales rack at Nordstroms. Obviously, it's a print, predominantly brown with jewel-toned accents. I think it works. I have on the Chico's Travelers in Chocolate Chip and back to the Cache gold hoop earrings.

2dkh6hg.jpg

Anita and I just talked on the phone. She was wondering if it would hurt my feelings if she posted some comments that were perhaps a bit critical. Heck, no! That's what this is all about. I want to invite some conversation so we can all learn from our hits and misses.

I love you in this top! I love all of the different colors. I am finding it very difficult to find FIRE prints. I love how your hair and skin look with this top.

Your hubby is very much an ICE isn't he? He looks great in the dark blue shirt.

The Captain looks like he could have an ornery streak with that smile.

I think this outfit is a real "hit".

Here's one that might be a miss. You know, I tried to find some interesting places on the ship to take pictures and this beautiful painting was just in one of the hall areas. I thought the colors in the painting would be complimentary, so here I am. I'm back in my Michael Kors red top... the one on the balcony shot on embarkation day. I don't think I'm doing that great top any favors by pairing it with my Chico's Travelers white palazzo pants! It's the darn Travelers fabric... it just packs beautifully, but I think I'm over it now. It's not doing anything for me.. in the black and in the white... chocolate and chocolate chip I think are a definite yes. But maybe it's time to retire the white and the black. Agree?

66evpg.jpg

I like this red top but not as much as some of the other tops/outfits. I think the little bit of gold on the top really dresses it up and gives it a little bit of an unique look too. I liked this red top better with the sandy pants.

I am not a fan of white on us at all. I just think we look ghastly in it. I wear white vacation t-shirts to do Pilates in and every time I look in the mirror before I leave I think I hope I don't see anyone I know. They'll think I'm ill or something.

I always think that if I have white on anywhere, that it takes away from any other aspect on my body, no matter how well everything else is coordinated. Of course, that's just my thinking--others may disagree :)

The green lily pad looks like it a FIRE green, is that correct?

The jeweled jacket on the other hand...can everyone see that it looks a bit MUTED next to the CLEAR traveler's fabric?...It works...Satisfies a need for sure...BUT it isn't the BEST...I could see that jacket over several of my pumpkin, rust, and other EARTH orange shirts...maybe an olive green...do I detect some green jewels on that jacket?...I have several items in my closet that are crying out for that jacket...

:D

You and your Mom are too funny, Anita!

I think.

I now present to you an absolutely beautiful EARTH outfit. You know, Anita, that jacket might be headed your way.

I have a Michael Kors top that is a warm sandy/tan color, with a gold sequined type of built in necklace. I thought it looked great with the Chico's Jeweled Jacket, and I think it does. Paired with the Chico's chocolate chip crop pants, and my Softtspots shoes in dark brown patent. How Earthy?

I think this is a good example of what happens to us FIRE ladies when we dress warm, but not bright. Everyone agree?

4h9rg9.jpg

Agreed. It is a great outfit but, I don't think you look as good in it as you do your other smashing FIRE outfits.

Yeah! Land! Ponta Delgada, Azores. This is a beautiful, beautiful island. The sun was so bright, so so bright. The camera, I think, made an adjustment for the light conditions.

I am wearing a Chico's no iron shirt, color name: Glow Stick. The overshirt is also from Chico's and its labeled a Devin denim Johansson Shirt. Although you can't see them, I have a Platinum Slig Leg Reg Jean Soft Sand Wash bottoms and my Siren Sport shoes, which were an absolute necessity for the cobblestones and the walking in the European ports. When we left for our trip, the weather in the Azores was predicted to be cloudy, high probablility of rain. We were so blessed with perfect weather. We were told to dress without much jewelry accessories while on shore, so I am wearing some very understated earrings.

28lcdhi.jpg

I love this top too! I think another "hit":D I notice that even outside in the sun that your skin still has that fresh look and isn't all washed out like the sunshine can do sometimes.

The color of your hair is really pretty too. It seems like a "hit" also to me. How are feeling about it now? It's a little darker and you weren't sure you liked it at first, right? Does you DH comment on your colors at all? I remember that Anita mentioned once that you all went shopping togewther and had an EARTH, FIRE and ICE for comparison purposes.

Your sunglasses even look great in brown.

I never wear much jewelry when we travel either. Actually, I don't wear much at home even. I love it on others but, I always feel a little like I'm trying to play dress up when I wear anything "extra" here at home.

I think overall, so far, that you've batted almost a thousand! You look great!!!!

The background is gorgeous. Are you going to write a trip report anywhere? I would love to hear all the details of your trip!

Ladies, I love this outfit. I just love wearing it; the top that is. I love this top dressed up or dressed down. I've worn it under a denim shirt with jeggings and I love that look. And I've worn it slightly dressier, like now, with my Chico's Travelers drawstring pants. I admit that I could/should have worn it with the chocolate chip crop pants, but I had to do the whole rotate in/out and wear my pieces only so many times, which is the reason for choosing the drawstring pants instead. The shoes are another Helle Comfort. What can I say? When I find a comfortable shoe, I just go for it. I think you've seen them all by now. The top is from Chico's, Travelers Sparkle Sequin Tank in Chocolate.

Speaking of Chico's, there is a NEW color in Travelers fabric. It's called Lime or, in some pieces, Soft Lime. Anita, look at it! I'm not sure. It doesn't look good up to your Dad (horrible), but I'm not sure it looks that great on me, either! So I don't know what this color is. Also, there is a color Cyan, that needs to be evaluated and discussed!

5fj2ae.jpg

ok.

I'm being brave. I know this is bad. But it's a Joseph Ribkoff! What's the big deal? It's a Joseph Ribkoff! OK. I bought this a long time ago; and I used to love it. I admit that every single time that I wear it... I get lots and lots of compliments... on the DRESS... as in... that's a beautiful DRESS... and I think it is too! I know that it's not the best on me. And I know, especially since the camera is telling me very distinctly, that it really doesn't do me any favors in the skin coloring arena; it makes my chest look all splotchy... well, like I've had too much sun. Funny how the outfit from the day before didn't do that to me... and this one does. Did I mention that it's a Joseph Ribkoff! Oh well....

2i0xfgk.jpg

Starting off the day in Lisbon, the morning was cool enough that I thought this outfit would be OK. I was mistaken. As the day warmed up, wow, I got so uncomfortable. I needed to take a coverup so I could go into the cathedrals. By the end of the day, I didn't care if I was able to go into the cathedrals. Off came the jacket, but the mistake that I made was that I didn't also take off the long necklace. The necklace really needs the jacket to look good; otherwise, it just looks too heavy and not that stylish, IMO, on me. Maybe the earrings and the necklace were just too much. idk. I just know it didn't work.

Another Chico's outfit. Yes, I shop at Chico's a LOT for my travel wardrobe. The jacket is called Cord Carella Bouquet in Camel. The tank top is shimmery gold; denim jeggings. The earrings and necklace are from Cache. Siren Sport shoes by Merrell.

The first picture is the beginning of the day...

2j2gwef.jpg

Am I right? Is the necklace/earrings combination just too, too much? The other thing that is wrong with this picture? I am way, way, way too far away from my purse! Don't do that! :eek:

There was a story circulating on the Voyager (next ship) about a woman who had one of those necklace purses yanked over her head while she was riding the bus in Barcelona. In it was her passport, credit cards, Euros. The worst thing she lost was her passport because she couldn't board the ship without it. She ended up spending the day at the American Embassy, police station, travel agency trying to get to the next port of call for the Voyager. What a sad beginning to a vacation! And, here I was, being very, very stupid...

119z2ia.jpg

Ladies, I love this outfit. I just love wearing it; the top that is. I love this top dressed up or dressed down. I've worn it under a denim shirt with jeggings and I love that look. And I've worn it slightly dressier, like now, with my Chico's Travelers drawstring pants. I admit that I could/should have worn it with the chocolate chip crop pants, but I had to do the whole rotate in/out and wear my pieces only so many times, which is the reason for choosing the drawstring pants instead. The shoes are another Helle Comfort. What can I say? When I find a comfortable shoe, I just go for it. I think you've seen them all by now. The top is from Chico's, Travelers Sparkle Sequin Tank in Chocolate.

Speaking of Chico's, there is a NEW color in Travelers fabric. It's called Lime or, in some pieces, Soft Lime. Anita, look at it! I'm not sure. It doesn't look good up to your Dad (horrible), but I'm not sure it looks that great on me, either! So I don't know what this color is. Also, there is a color Cyan, that needs to be evaluated and discussed!

5fj2ae.jpg

ANOTHER top "hit" :D I love your toenail polish with this outfit. Also, I notice your hair--look at half your hair against the warm wall and look at the other half against the B/W picture. I notice the same with your shoulders. I like how they both look with the warm wall.

Are those sequins on your top or some other shiny "objects" ? I could see that top dressed up or down (like I would know those kinds of things ;))