Stores that carry "FIRE" season clothing

Joby

Calling Anita, Do you have any thoughts on the Athleta swimsuits and colors? How do they compare on me versus how you saw them in the store? Other thoughts???

And, to make the pictodiaries more interesting... what do you think we should do? I think that I have to learn to pose better... Anita does the best posing! And, rather than try to take a picture that includes hands, etc., I should just take a picture that emphasizes what I want to include, like Anita did with her nail polish.

I think posing is always hard to do. It's hard enough for me to just take and post the picture. I always think I look goofy just standing there but, I don't know what else to do. Yes, Anita does pose wonderfully! Maybe she could give YouTube posing tutorials :D

You look wonderful in the yellow and aqua tops and the coral dress!! I think I remember thinking this on your last pictodiary...I'm not convinced I like the Chico jeweled jacket on you. It doesn't look bright and clear it looks muted and grayish brown on my monitor. How does it look IRL?

The photo of you in the library with your yellows on is really nice. I like all of the books, walls and globe. It all blends so nicely.

What are your thoughts on all of you various outfits?

Hey Kim!

I do have thoughts about the Athleta...First of all...I LOVE the green dress! I'm totally familiar with that one because Mom has it. And it looks fabulous on you. For the swim suits, I love the red on you. Like others say, it is such a great color on you.

That color is what is making the one purple suit SEEM like it's better...the solid purple isn't working for me...that patterned purple seems better...but I think that is the influence of the red in the pattern. I recall that purple color in store...there were multiple versions of it...I was frustrated by Athleta, because it was evidence that the colors weren't consistent across different fabrics at least...they seemed to be true to self and consistent within a particular kind of fabric. But the colors looked different if the fabric was a knit versus a more technical fabric, etc. And I also saw that the purple was sometimes more red or more blue, appearing to be more FIRE or more ICE as a result...but I didn't really study it in the store.

I do recall that blue pattern suit...it was in the store...and I recall thinking that the blue was more my Dad than my Mom...it seems to blend well with the color cards BUT...when I look at the photo of you...it doesn't seem to work as well as the solid aqua one piece. I like that one. But the red is better.

Anyway...those are my thoughts.

If you have any reservations about any of the suits...send them back. For color, for fit, whatever. That's what I am learning from my recent shopping. You have to have that inner excitement to wear what it is...regardless of color and/or style...you have to be excited about wearing it...or you might never wear it for whatever reason...

Pam, my favorite outfit of your pictodiary is the Athleta sundress and Chico coverup. Love that color combo on you. Love that combo for myself, so that might have influenced my choice. Thanks for the pictodiary. I'm sure that you had a great trip. It shows in your pictures.

If you have any reservations about any of the suits...send them back. For color, for fit, whatever. That's what I am learning from my recent shopping. You have to have that inner excitement to wear what it is...regardless of color and/or style...you have to be excited about wearing it...or you might never wear it for whatever reason...
I agree totally with you, Anita. Costly lesson to learn for me, but it's beginning to sink in. If I don't immediately think 'Oh, yeah, this is sooo going home with me'... I need to put it back on the shelf, send it back to the store, get it out of the closet. I won't be naked. I won't look like I'm wearing the same thing every day. I would rather have fewer items to choose and know that each and every thing in my closet coordinates with every other thing in my closet and that they each fit and flatter in both color, cut and style. Each and every post someone posts here helps me accomplish that goal. Ladies, I thank you from the bottom of my heart. Such a great gift.

Sorry I've been AWOL. Dad had throat cancer surgery, new baby grandson, Dad had lung cancer surgery...hopefully things have calmed down a little now. I've missed you ladies. --Debbie

Sorry I've been AWOL. Dad had throat cancer surgery, new baby grandson, Dad had lung cancer surgery...hopefully things have calmed down a little now. I've missed you ladies. --Debbie

Oh Debbie, I'm so sorry about your Dad. I will keep you and your family in my prayers. A new grandchild, I'll bet it's a joyous thing especially with your Dad being so sick.

We've missed you too! Glad you took a few minutes and posted. Maybe a nice diversion from your troubles looking at goofy pictures (at least mine were) :)

Post, vent, celebrate, cry, whatever you need to do, we'll be here :)

Here are some pictures I took this week while shopping. You know I've been wanting a nice all around scarf--have no knowledge about what to do with it once I have it but...I digress. Bought one that has lots of colors in it. What do you think? What do I do with it???? I looked at 3 different scarves but, only bought 1. Do you like the other 2 scarves that I didn't buy?

Also got a couple of tops with lots of blue. I so love our FIRE blues, I don't think they're one of my best FIRE colors, but I love them so. I think FIRE greens, bright deeper aqua, oranges, corals and peaches look better on me overall but, I love variety :)

I found the shoes today on a clearance rack at Macy's. I love them. I love the gold hardware and the shiny patent coral color and the gold flecks in the cork heels. They go with lots of things and I like the heel height too. They are relatively comfy too so far.

The ivory crochet vest is cute too I think. I just put the blue tank under it to show off the detail. I wish it were just a bit warmer ivory but, I think it could be used with several different tops for a bit of a different look.

http://s1094.photobucket.com/albums/i446/joby2/shoes%20scarf%20and%20tops/

Pam, my favorite outfit of your pictodiary is the Athleta sundress and Chico coverup. Love that color combo on you. Love that combo for myself, so that might have influenced my choice. Thanks for the pictodiary. I'm sure that you had a great trip. It shows in your pictures.

I love the green and aqua on you too, Pam! Do you have a personal favorite FIRE color, Pam?

Hey Kim!

I do have thoughts about the Athleta...First of all...I LOVE the green dress! I'm totally familiar with that one because Mom has it. And it looks fabulous on you. For the swim suits, I love the red on you. Like others say, it is such a great color on you.

That color is what is making the one purple suit SEEM like it's better...the solid purple isn't working for me...that patterned purple seems better...but I think that is the influence of the red in the pattern. I recall that purple color in store...there were multiple versions of it...I was frustrated by Athleta, because it was evidence that the colors weren't consistent across different fabrics at least...they seemed to be true to self and consistent within a particular kind of fabric. But the colors looked different if the fabric was a knit versus a more technical fabric, etc. And I also saw that the purple was sometimes more red or more blue, appearing to be more FIRE or more ICE as a result...but I didn't really study it in the store.

I do recall that blue pattern suit...it was in the store...and I recall thinking that the blue was more my Dad than my Mom...it seems to blend well with the color cards BUT...when I look at the photo of you...it doesn't seem to work as well as the solid aqua one piece. I like that one. But the red is better.

Anyway...those are my thoughts.

Thanks for your thoughts, Miss Latte :) Always appreciated. Athleta did not have the cayenne bottoms any more and said they were not going to be restocked but that I could watch the website for returns. Lo and behold, yesterday there was a medium and I snagged it. So now, I get the cayenne tankini that I wanted and in a color that most think looks best on me :)

I love the green swim dress too. It was not on my original agenda but, I found it for $29 in my size so I got it. I think it will be useful and I LOVE the Athleta Garden Green!

How is packing going? That's a big job to do by yourself, isn't it? When is the ovenight date? Ooohh, that sounds so romantic and fun.

I have a shirt that I got from Christopher & Banks about 2 years ago. It's just a simple 3/4 length sleeved pull over, I've never worn it and found it in the closet folded up. I think it's your baby poop green color. Would you like to have it if I sent it to you? I certainly can't wear that color and I would rather someone get use out of it. I can post a photo of it if you want to see what you think. Don't feel obligated though if you don't like it or don't like the color. I just thought I would offer. You've done so many nice things on our FIRE thread.....

Debbie, Hi. I echo Kim's words; she said them so eloquently. So sorry about your Dad. Thinking of you.

Kim. I have made such a transition with my outfits and it's really surprising to me how much my wardrobe has changed. Before CJW, my closet was primarily full of dark colors with white accents as I thought that provided me with more versatility and were good for travel. I am so happy to go into my closet now with all those bright, vibrant colors. I love most of my clothes.

I really loved my yellow top with the animal print skirt. And the other thing that I loved was just dressing in layers of color. I love the trend now to have color upon color upon color. For us, it's just a tailor made trend, don't you think?

And, still, I couldn't help but love my Venetian Lady Tee, even though she's not in my bright, vibrant color palette. AND I could have done a better job than choosing the muted bottoms to wear with her. AND I need to get more into accessories; that's for sure.

I'm finding that I'm shopping much differently than I used to; I actually think that I'm shopping more. It's not than I'm buying more, but I'm taking much more time to find what I want. And, I'm going to the store with a specific goal in mind... like before I used to go to the mall and just look around and see if there was anything there that could be used; i.e., for a shore excursion or sea day or formal night. Now, I find myself on the hunt for something very specific; like I want to find the perfect capri to wear with my Venetian Lady Tee along with the perfect accessories. So, I am much more goal oriented.

Also, I don't HAVE to buy something JUST because it's in my color palette. Sadly, that means that Chico's just doesn't have as much for me as the store used to: the clothes just aren't fitting me in the way that I want and I don't feel like they are flattering me as much as I would like. So I've matured a bit with my color palette and realize that I CAN pass items up that aren't necessarily perfect for me... <drumroll> EVEN IF they are in my color palette.

So, the cruise clothes were a little hit and miss for me. I did love my formal dresses, both the blue and the coral (although I have to admit that the coral dress and fire opals combination was showered with compliments).

Also, it was great fun to play with the nail polish colors. That was WAY more fun than I even thought it was going to be and I highly recommend having fun with polish!

So, I guess if I were going to sum up my outfit feelings, I would say that I am looking to jazz up some choices with some vibrant earrings and bracelets and fun shoes. I am slowly realizing that there are wardrobe choices in bottoms that go beyond our neutrals; I don't know why that's been so difficult for me but the other day I wore an aqua pant with a green top and I LOVED the combination. Wore my turquoise shoes and felt quite celebratory. But, I needed better earrings and a bracelet! LOL.

Tell me what you think of the outfits. I don't mind if you think that some of them were a miss rather than a hit. It's all a learning curve.

Hi, Anita's mom! I love to lurk on this thread, even if I am an earth. Because both earth and fire are warm colors, there are some similarities to us.

Your recent post caught my eye for many reasons. First of all: jewelry and accessories. This has become a very big thing for me. Sometimes, I can't seem to feel pulled together with a work outfit, in particular. For example, I was wearing this great earth green short sleeved, light weight sweater this morning with dark chocolate brown pants. I reached into my jewelry box and pulled out a new necklace I got (for a whole $4.99 at NY & Company) and it completely changed the feel of the outfit. Jewelry can really make a difference.

I too am finding I shop differently. I'm paying much more attention to fit and style in addition to color. When I buy something, I don't want to say it's okay or suitable - I want to say that it's great!

OMG.

The hair dryer in the stateroom was terrible. It was one of those that you had to constantly push in the button, or it would turn off. And it took so much pressure to push in the button that your finger and/or thumb would just start to throb. I couldn't manage to push in the button AND direct the air flow to my hair! So, today began the beginning of the frizzies for me... and I was so unhappy!

Tonight was the first Elite Cocktail Hour in the Sky Lounge. Beautiful location. Wonderful social time.

28i0p4h.jpg

The reason for this photo is that I wanted you to see the effect of the gold nail polish on my fingernails. As Anita mentioned in a previous post on the EARTH thread, gold acts almost like a neutral for us. I was pretty surprised at this!

Does everyone remember our Blue Color Parties?!? This dress is a direct result of the confidence from doing that particular color. Dress from Cache. (Yes, Cache has become my new favorite store. Especially with the weight loss). The purse is Michael Kors, a real find at an outlet store!

That's a very yummy Cosmo. Lipstick is Laura Mercier: Courtisane and Clover lip pencil. 30th Wedding Anniversary! I think the blue is fabulous! And, even though you can't see them, my blue toes just add that much more fun to the evening!

Tomorrow is another Sea Day, and... boy... I get casual!

Loving these Pics, Pam! I was away when you posted. Just starting to catch up. The breakfast view looks like Blu restaurant. (We ate there a few mornings on Silhouette last week.) LOVE the blue dress. I even like the gold nails -- that surprises me :) Thanks for posting.

I truly love all the live music and tonight was the night of the Dancing with the Stripes competition. Is everyone familiar with this? OMG, it's so much fun! I knew that this was going to be a late night.

I never laughed as hard as I did at the "Dancing with the Stripes" event onboard Silhouette last week!

So, I thought I'd just post a picture of DH wearing his colors on this beautiful sea day. Mainly for Anita, and hope you ladies don't mind.

I NEVER mind see a handsome gentleman next to gorgeous water :)

Hi, Anita's mom! I love to lurk on this thread, even if I am an earth. Because both earth and fire are warm colors, there are some similarities to us.

Your recent post caught my eye for many reasons. First of all: jewelry and accessories. This has become a very big thing for me. Sometimes, I can't seem to feel pulled together with a work outfit, in particular. For example, I was wearing this great earth green short sleeved, light weight sweater this morning with dark chocolate brown pants. I reached into my jewelry box and pulled out a new necklace I got (for a whole $4.99 at NY & Company) and it completely changed the feel of the outfit. Jewelry can really make a difference.

I too am finding I shop differently. I'm paying much more attention to fit and style in addition to color. When I buy something, I don't want to say it's okay or suitable - I want to say that it's great!

I totally agree about the accessories! I've been playing more with scarves and jewelry.

Jane

Is everyone familiar with the sculpture sitting in the Bayonne terminal?

Monument “To the Struggle Against World Terrorism”

Designed by Zurab Tsereteli

“When we approach the memorial and lay the flowers, we see ourselves being reflected in the tear. So you are participating. You are crying as well.” Zurab Tsereteli

rgwmrb.jpg

This was very moving for me to see. I had read about it, of course, but like things are when you read about them and then experience them... it's quite a bit of difference in your emotions. I wanted to go to the site of the monument, but the Port Authority wouldn't allow me to do so; I don't know what you need to do to be able to actually get onto the grounds. DH took this picture from the top deck of the Solstice.

Wow...would love to be able to see that...

Hi gang! Just so you know.. the martians haven't captured me...at least I don't remember it:rolleyes:.... I've been busy, ill and enjoying my sister's long awaited visit. Mom and Dad are both doing ok for now.

I'm trying to catch up with you all. I'm so glad this thread is picking up:)

Kim - love your outfits and I really like the coral on you!

Pam - you are such a sweetie in your colors!!! Love the pictodiary! The Tear Drop Memorial at Bayonne is awesome isn't it. Photos really don't do it justice. Sorry you were'nt able to visit it and view it from the "ground". There is a road to it, but I don't remember how to get to it since they changed the port entrance. We have sailed several times past it and each time it moves me more.

Speaking of memorials, if you get a chance to come to Western PA, stop at the Flight 93 Memorial in Shanksville. It is finally finished, except for some planting but it is quite moving. DH and I took my Sister and her DH there while she was visiting from Wyoming. We shed a few tears and the guys got emotional also.

I thought I'd post some new duds. - DH and I went on a little excursion a few weekends ago (his way of cheering me up) and while we were gone we went shopping. He bought me some new clothes.. I just love this color! Hope you do to! The coral/ivory top is from Chico's and the dress is from "I don't remember!" (I actually bought it on another excursion somewhere) The necklace with the dress is from Chico's. I have some other things, but don't have photos yet.

2v0ir9v.jpg23oahj.jpg

Edited by snuggles

I agree. Really Loving that suit on you, Kim!

Jane

Thanks, Jane. I decided to get the cayenne suit in a tankini :eek: I've never had such a bright suit before but it will be nice to have a suit color that looks really great on me for once!

Edited by Joby

Hi gang! Just so you know.. the martians haven't captured me...at least I don't remember it:rolleyes:.... I've been busy, ill and enjoying my sister's long awaited visit. Mom and Dad are both doing ok for now.

I'm trying to catch up with you all. I'm so glad this thread is picking up:)

Kim - love your outfits and I really like the coral on you!

Pam - you are such a sweetie in your colors!!! Love the pictodiary! The Tear Drop Memorial at Bayonne is awesome isn't it. Photos really don't do it justice. Sorry you were'nt able to visit it and view it from the "ground". There is a road to it, but I don't remember how to get to it since they changed the port entrance. We have sailed several times past it and each time it moves me more.

Speaking of memorials, if you get a chance to come to Western PA, stop at the Flight 93 Memorial in Shanksville. It is finally finished, except for some planting but it is quite moving. DH and I took my Sister and her DH there while she was visiting from Wyoming. We shed a few tears and the guys got emotional also.

I thought I'd post some new duds. - DH and I went on a little excursion a few weekends ago (his way of cheering me up) and while we were gone we went shopping. He bought me some new clothes.. I just love this color! Hope you do to! The coral/ivory top is from Chico's and the dress is from "I don't remember!" (I actually bought it on another excursion somewhere) The necklace with the dress is from Chico's. I have some other things, but don't have photos yet.

2v0ir9v.jpg23oahj.jpg

Hi Linda,

It's so good to hear from you. Glad things are going much better for you!

You look FAB in the "new duds"!!!!! That is a wonderful color on you. I remember a ways back you posted a picture of yourself in another red (I think) top and you looked great in it too. So, I guess that makes you a red hot mama ;)

Please, more photos......

My bad.... I didn't proof read my post and see now that I gave incorrect info on the top. It is not a Chico's top, it's from Boscovs. :o

I never liked red on me before, being a redhead and all. I now know why.. It was the wrong red-always blue toned!- because that was what was sold and I never knew to look for the warm brights. Am I glad I had CJW around as well as you gals!! It has been such fun talking with everyone and reading all your posts. THANK YOU from the bottom of my heart!!!! Hearts.gif

My bad.... I didn't proof read my post and see now that I gave incorrect info on the top. It is not a Chico's top, it's from Boscovs. :o

I never liked red on me before, being a redhead and all. I now know why.. It was the wrong red-always blue toned!- because that was what was sold and I never knew to look for the warm brights. Am I glad I had CJW around as well as you gals!! It has been such fun talking with everyone and reading all your posts. THANK YOU from the bottom of my heart!!!! Hearts.gif

So cute, Linda :):):) I love all of you guys too <3

I know what you mean about wearing red. I always felt the same as you. I wouldn't be caught dead in red! Now it's one of my favorite colors. But, it has taken a bit to get used to it and gain a little confidence in wearing it.

Linda you look amazing in red!!

I'm still not confident about the red but am doing

good with the whole spectrum of peach...

I'll try to get my camera out this weekend...

Hope everyone had a good 4th of July!

Linda you look amazing in red!!

I'm still not confident about the red but am doing

good with the whole spectrum of peach...

I'll try to get my camera out this weekend...

Hope everyone had a good 4th of July!

Thanks, yes pics please!!:cool:

• 2 weeks later...