Mike & Tracy’s Excellent Adventure: B2B2B2B on Destiny, Imagination, Valor, Freedom

MikeyA53

MikeyA53, that last set of photos has to be fake. The Destiny has the same setup and you could never find a spot anywhere...in the pool, the hot tubs or a lounger. I thought they were making soup on my last cruise:eek:. Noone ever got out and it was packed. This actually looks like a relaxing space.

The past guest party was being held in the Ivanhoe theater. Waiters were walking around with either a tray full of drinks or hor d’oeuvres. If you give them a tip they will make an effort to return to your table over and over again.

The drinks are half the size of the regular drinks but they are still potent. In approximately one hour Tracy had three drink (she was tipsy) while I had six drinks. My favorites were whiskey sour and planter’s punch. Tracy loved the planter’s punch.

022.jpg

Rick hogging all the girls

020.jpg

Can we do this again, yes dear they also have the farewell party

Cruising2010200.jpg

Someone looks sloshed

Cruising2010201.jpg

mikeya53, that last set of photos has to be fake. The destiny has the same setup and you could never find a spot anywhere...in the pool, the hot tubs or a lounger. i thought they were making soup on my last cruise:eek:. Noone ever got out and it was packed. This actually looks like a relaxing space.

roflmao!!!!

OMG the suspense is killing me. I cant wait for the popping of the question and the renewal. This review is like a book you cant put down and keep turning and turning the pages, except I have to be patient.

The proposal is coming up real soon, the review is now on Aug 31st and the proposal is on Sept 1st.

Edited by MikeyA53

Mike: My wife and I were on the Valor same week as you guys and I could hardly believe my eyes...that's me on the basketball court. I was up there every morning at 8AM.

That's neat, too bad your face was blocked. The photo was taken on Monday Aug 30th at 08:34 a.m. I've been wondering if someone would respond like you did for any of the photos I posted.

Cruising2010088-Copy.jpg

After dinner we decided we would attend some of the game shows being held in the Ivanhoe Theater. The first one was ‘Big Screen Famous Faces’. We played as a group and had 50/60, good for second place, the winners had 55/60.

Then it was ‘60 seconds or less’. They started with 7 or 8 contestants, the first event involved keeping a feather afloat for 60 seconds without using your hands, whoever could not do it would be eliminated. After several different events they were down to three contestants. Their next task was to position a quarter between their butt cheeks, walk (waddle) over to a wine glass and try to drop it inside within 60 seconds. It was hilarious.

This is one of the contestants with a quarter between his butt cheek.

Cruising2010209.jpg

Next, it was Bingo, we played, no luck. Then it was everyone’s favorite ‘The Marriage Show’. On the Destiny and Imagination it's called ‘The Game of Love’.

They pick three couples, newlyweds, 20-25 years and the longest married couple from the crowd. It’s played slightly different from ship to ship. It’s a lot of fun and should not be missed.

The men are in their Chip & Dale costumes (boxers)

Cruising2010211.jpg

Three generations watching the game shows

Cruising2010210.jpg

Edited by MikeyA53

Late night on the Lido Deck

The boys having a swim

Cruising2010205.jpg

Cruising2010206.jpg

The moms checking on the boys

Cruising2010208.jpg

'It's Complicated' playing on the big screen

Cruising2010207.jpg

We finished off the night by going to the Java Café, Arielle joined us and had Chocolate Strawberries, I had Black Forest Cake and Tracy shared a Cheesecake with her parents.

Cruising2010212.jpg

A bunny rabbit??

023.jpg

Awesome review, Mikey. Would love to do even a back to back, let alone 4 in a row. I showed up a little late, but enjoyed your pics of the Destiny, Went on that ship on my honeymoon. Can't wait to see the rest of your review!

Thanks for the GREAT review!!!! Truly one of the best I have read on Cruise Critic. I anxiously await each installment. I feel like I am actuaally taking the cruise with you. Keep up the excellent work.

For your info the International Mall is practically next door to the Dolphin mall.

Thank you for the tip as we didn't know that either.Would you have any idea of how much a taxi would be out to Dolphin Mall? We will be dropping our bags back to the Intercontinental Downtown while we are going shopping for the few hours before we catch our flight (have friends staying an extra night in the hotel)

Thanks for the GREAT review!!!! Truly one of the best I have read on Cruise Critic. I anxiously await each installment. I feel like I am actuaally taking the cruise with you. Keep up the excellent work.

Thank you, I appreciate it. Also thank you to cruzelovr and cruisinskier for reading my review.

Love it. this has to be the best review I have ever read. It is alomst like reading a short story and can't put it down. We were on the Valor 2 years ago and loved this ship so much we are cruising her again over thanksgiving this year.........

looks liek you had an amazing vacation and memories your kids will rememeber there whole life.

Love it. this has to be the best review I have ever read. It is alomst like reading a short story and can't put it down. We were on the Valor 2 years ago and loved this ship so much we are cruising her again over thanksgiving this year.........

looks like you had an amazing vacation and memories your kids will rememeber there whole life.

Thank you for the tip as we didn't know that either.Would you have any idea of how much a taxi would be out to Dolphin Mall? We will be dropping our bags back to the Intercontinental Downtown while we are going shopping for the few hours before we catch our flight (have friends staying an extra night in the hotel)

[url=http://miami.taxime.ca/][/url]

A taxi would be approximately $43 according to http://miami.taxime.ca/ , what we did was take a shuttle from our hotel. $10 per person. I do not know how much a shuttle would be from the Intercontinental.

looks liek you had an amazing vacation and memories your kids will rememeber there whole life.

Thank you, thank you :D

A taxi would be approximately $43 according to http://miami.taxime.ca/ , what we did was take a shuttle from our hotel. $10 per person. I do not know how much a shuttle would be from the Intercontinental.

THank you very much for the link. The shuttle is showing at $10 return from the Hotel. If we are at the hotel on time for the pick up we can take the shuttle, if not we can get a few taxis as will be 4 to each car.

What a fantastic vacation and pictures!

All the ships I love <grin> plus the Freedom to come, which I also hope to sail on

again....I AM HOPING/WAITING FOR FUN TIMES...FOR ALL THE SHIPS

I guess you are gonna make us wait...well it is a fun journey to watch you and your lovely family and friends having fun

what a cruise-a-thon!]

It looks like the Grandma and Grandpa are having a ball too....

did they like the "tea bags" on the ship??? LOL

did they go to "tea" on sea day?

Reason I ask : one of my grandma's was from little Wales (other 3 grandparents from Ireland LOL)...they all loved tea

didn't like tea bags

had all sorts of "rules" and regs about what kinds of tea they had haha

I am LOVING this review!

What a BEAUTIFUL family you have!!

I can't wait for the proposal, vow renewal,

and pics of the Freedom!

Thank you, I should be getting to the Freedom review by this weekend, hopefully.

What a fantastic vacation and pictures!

All the ships I love <grin> plus the Freedom to come, which I also hope to sail on

again....I AM HOPING/WAITING FOR FUN TIMES...FOR ALL THE SHIPS

I guess you are gonna make us wait...well it is a fun journey to watch you and your lovely family and friends having fun

what a cruise-a-thon!]

It looks like the Grandma and Grandpa are having a ball too....

did they like the "tea bags" on the ship??? LOL

did they go to "tea" on sea day?

Reason I ask : one of my grandma's was from little Wales (other 3 grandparents from Ireland LOL)...they all loved tea

didn't like tea bags

had all sorts of "rules" and regs about what kinds of tea they had haha

Thank you, I'll ask Grandma and Grandpa and I'll let you know.:)

I was planning on adding the fun times at the end of my review. I do not presently have a scanner so I'll have to get one.