Mike & Tracy’s Excellent Adventure: B2B2B2B on Destiny, Imagination, Valor, Freedom

MikeyA53

I just read from the beginning to here and what a great review. No matter how long it takes I hope you finish. We can't miss the proposal and wedding!

When someone asked about the mustache I was smiling because the agency I work at here in Florida we have a lot of "shaved" heads. Then a couple of posts down I saw my first picture of you and your handsome dome. I truly lol'd. :D

Carnival Valor

Sunday, Aug 29th : Embarkation

We got up early to get a workout in before breakfast. At 10:00 a.m we all left (9 of us) in three taxis to the port of Miami. Cost $25 plus tip per taxi.

We arrived at 10:15, tipped the porter and proceeded through security. I told them about the liquor bottle I’ve been carrying since the first cruise (won’t do that again, next time I’ll buy it on the last cruise) and the two extra wine bottles for the next cruise on the Freedom. I was hoping they would allow me to bring a large and a small bottle of wine onboard but alas I was denied. I ended up bringing the two small bottles and they seized the two big bottles along with the liquor bottle.

Cruising2010008-Copy-1.jpg

Tracy and Nathalie (dental assistant)

007.jpg

Rick ( also a mountie)

Cruising2010006.jpg

Cruising2010012-Copy-1.jpg

On the far left, Nick (14)

Cruising2010010-Copy-1.jpg

We checked in, got our sail & sign cards and we were given zone 7 for the group. They started boarding at 11:50 a.m and our zone was called at 12:01 p.m. Once onboard we headed to the lido deck for lunch.

This was Tracy’s parents first cruise while our friends had been on a carnival ship approximately 15 years ago but it felt like a new experience for them also. Their son Nick was on his first cruise and we teased him by calling him a cruise virgin.

As usual Tracy looked after the carry ons while my buddy and I went photographing/exploring the ship. The Valor is a beautiful ship, easy to get around.

Cruisers with their carry ons heading towards the buffet

Cruising2010021-Copy.jpg

Cloudy day

Cruising2010020-Copy.jpg

Cruising2010019-Copy.jpg

Liberty of the sea

DSCN1259.jpg

We live about 20 minutes doorstep to Manhattan cruise terminal. We used to do winter cruises from FL but in these "economic times" we have had to cut back to one cruise/year (& very grateful that we CAN do them) and always leave from our "home base" because it just saves so much $ and time...but I have ALWAYS wanted to sail on the Valor. Just heard so many good things about her. So I am really looking forward to seeing these upcoming pictures. Atrium looks kind of subdued; not the glitzy atriums I am used to on Carnival! :cool: I am trying to figure out whose faces are in the cameos...only one I recognize is Honest Abe....maybe Susan B. Anthony? :confused:

The Scarlett's Steakhouse was where I proposed to Tracy, asking her to marry me again. This occured on Sept 1st (the review is currently on Aug 29th)

Scarlett's Steakhouse

Cruising2010017-Copy.jpg

Cruising2010018.jpg

Washington Dining Room ( the first two photos displays the small atrium as you enter the dining room)

Cruising2010082-Copy.jpg

Cruising2010083-Copy.jpg

Cruising2010084-Copy.jpg

Cruising2010085-Copy.jpg

The caboose in the photo is the entrance into the video arcade room. It's huge compared to the one on the Destiny and Imagination. The room continues around and joins the O2 Club for ages 15-17.

Cruising2010028-Copy.jpg

Cruising2010029-Copy.jpg

Cruising2010030-Copy.jpg

Cruising2010031-Copy.jpg

O2 Club

Cruising2010027-Copy.jpg

I wanted to get photos of the Eagles Lounge when I first boarded but there was a wedding in progress and I then I forgot to return. The Eagles Lounge features the Punchliner Comedy Club and Karaoke. Karaoke moves from the Eagles Lounge to Paris Hot bar and back depending on what's going on.

Paris Hot Bar ( live band, karaoke)

Cruising2010037-Copy.jpg

Cruising2010080-Copy.jpg

Cruising2010081-Copy.jpg

Fitness Center

Cruising2010150-Copy.jpg

Cruising2010151-Copy.jpg

Cruising2010153-Copy.jpg

Thanks for the stroll down memory lane on the Valor! I'm not one to really take many inside photos so it's nice to see your pictures and remember where I what I was doing in the photos that you shared. Looking forward to the rest of the review! :D

Our rooms were ready at 1:30 p.m. We met our room steward Oka, what a sweetheart.We asked her to open up our balconies between the two rooms, normally you have to go to guest services but she said she would do it.

We were in cabin 8355 while Tracy’s parents, Peter and Rosemary were in 8353. Mitch and Arielle were across from us in an A1 inside cabin, 8357.

Our friends Rick and Nathalie also had a balcony just down the hall.

We were very excited on having our first balcony. The rooms were very nice, sofa with two large drawers underneath, a small frig, a television with an interactive menu that showed your sail & sign bill, dinner menu each night, the ship locations etc.

Cruising2010046-Copy.jpg

Cruising2010039-Copy.jpg

Cruising2010042-Copy.jpg

Cruising2010040-Copy.jpg

Just my thoughts about making your cruise a pleasant experience...

Pull out that childlike awe and playfulness buried deep inside you, plan well before you cruise, choose your stateroom carefully, don't let small inconveniences upset you, explore new adventures, try new foods, talk with total strangers, participate, let yourself go and you will enjoy yourself. Be realistic about your cruise expectations, nothing is perfect, things do happen. If you cruise with a sense of entitlement, you will be disappointed. Pack your humor, imagination, childlike curiosity, flexibility and your brain. Leave your negativity and bad attitude home.

Someone will be cleaning up after you all week, making your bed, delivering room service, cooking all your food and washing all your dishes, leaving cute towel animals to greet you, dazzle you with shows and demonstrations, then transport you to exotic ports of call.

I follow my own suggestions whenever I cruise and ALWAYS have a great time.

Rose

• Like 1

Then it was the dreaded muster drill followed by sail away. We brought our friends up on an upper deck to enjoy the view. Our last piece of luggage arrived at 4:30 p.m. and we started getting ready for dinner. We all had ‘your time dining’ and we agreed that we would all meet each night at 6:00 p.m.

Safety Briefing (muster)

Cruising2010057-Copy.jpg

Enjoying sailaway

Cruising2010049-Copy.jpg

Cruising2010052-Copy.jpg

We had arranged to have bon voyage cakes delivered to Tracy's parents and our friends.

Cruising2010048-Copy.jpg

Just my thoughts about making your cruise a pleasant experience...

Pull out that childlike awe and playfulness buried deep inside you, plan well before you cruise, choose your stateroom carefully, don't let small inconveniences upset you, explore new adventures, try new foods, talk with total strangers, participate, let yourself go and you will enjoy yourself. Be realistic about your cruise expectations, nothing is perfect, things do happen. If you cruise with a sense of entitlement, you will be disappointed. Pack your humor, imagination, childlike curiosity, flexibility and your brain. Leave your negativity and bad attitude home.

Someone will be cleaning up after you all week, making your bed, delivering room service, cooking all your food and washing all your dishes, leaving cute towel animals to greet you, dazzle you with shows and demonstrations, then transport you to exotic ports of call.

I follow my own suggestions whenever I cruise and ALWAYS have a great time.

Rose

It is what you make of it. I am a "cup half full" kind of person.

I always try to find something positive out of every situation.

VERY well said, Rose! :)