Mike & Tracy’s Excellent Adventure: B2B2B2B on Destiny, Imagination, Valor, Freedom

MikeyA53

We walked just beyond the shops and took a taxi to Paradise Beach. All the fares for different locations are indicated on a large placard, $13 each way to Paradise Beach. I believe it was about a ten minute drive. It’s a nice beach, the sand is a bit coarse since it’s made up of mostly sea shells rather than small pebbles. The chairs were only $2, fun pass to the large inflated water toys was $12.

045_45.jpg

044_44.jpg

043_43.jpg

We opted for a little privacy and found our own little palm tree while the kids went out on their own. Overall a very enjoyable afternoon.

042_42.jpg

Arielle's special friend on the left.

046_46.jpg

We look forward to eating in the dining room each night, the girls love dressing up and as usual they looked beautiful tonight. Tracy had Black Tiger Shrimps Cocktail, Oven Roasted Tom Turkey and Teramisu while I had Fried Mozzarella with Mixed Greens, Sweet & Sour Shrimps and (2) Teramisu.

Yes I'm ready, just let me get my shoes on.

Cruising2010517.jpg

Cruising2010518.jpg

Cruising2010525-1.jpg

Cruising2010521.jpg

Sweet & Sour Shrimps

Cruising2010519.jpg

If you're daughter is only 15 you better hide her FAST... She's beautiful as is the rest of your family... I usually don't even bother reading most reviews but yours is making me come back each day, remembering where I left off, and continue reading...

The pictures are some of the best I've ever seen here on Cruise Critic as is the review... Quick question... when did you take most of the pictures as there are hardly any (or none) passengers in most of them.... And, what type of camera is it that you are using?

Can you and Tracy work lots of overtime again and do this for us next year too??? lol You can invite Tracys family to the States and they can cruise with you!!! Win Win for all... you guys, Tracys family and Cruise Critic Members who get to "cruise" with you again!!!

Thanks Mike for a truly enjoyable, beautiful, informative read...

If you're daughter is only 15 you better hide her FAST... She's beautiful as is the rest of your family... I usually don't even bother reading most reviews but yours is making me come back each day, remembering where I left off, and continue reading...

The pictures are some of the best I've ever seen here on Cruise Critic as is the review... Quick question... when did you take most of the pictures as there are hardly any (or none) passengers in most of them.... And, what type of camera is it that you are using?

Can you and Tracy work lots of overtime again and do this for us next year too??? lol You can invite Tracys family to the States and they can cruise with you!!! Win Win for all... you guys, Tracys family and Cruise Critic Members who get to "cruise" with you again!!!

Thanks Mike for a truly enjoyable, beautiful, informative read...

Thank for your kind words, actually thanks to everyone that has responded. To answer your questions, a lot of the photographs are taken when we first board the ship, I go running around the ship while Tracy looks after our stuff. The cameras I've been using were a Nikon D50, a small Canon (Tracy) and for the beach and underwater photos or when I don't want to carry the big camera (Nikon) an Olympus 1050sw.

Tracy's family did cruise with us on the Valor and Freedom. They are hooked now and can't wait to do it again.

The first part of the evening was spent in the Criterion Lounge enjoying Karaoke, mother and daughter each sang a couple of songs and did a duet together.

Cruising2010005.jpg

Cruising2010016.jpg

Arielle and her special friend

Cruising2010017.jpg

Then everybody

Cruising2010012.jpg

If any of you ladies is reading this review, I really enjoyed your song.

Cruising2010013.jpg

Then we went to the Mega Deck Party starting at 11 p.m on the Lido deck. A lot of fun. The Mexican buffet opened at 11:30 p.m.

Cruising2010020.jpg

Cruising2010021.jpg

Needless to say Arielle had a really good time, there appeared to be a lot more boys than girls on this cruise.

Cruising2010526.jpg

We stayed as long as we could on the Destiny which was about 9:40 a.m, collected our luggage, went through customs. Once outside we ripped off the Destiny luggage tags and replaced them with the Imagination tags and walked next door to the adjacent terminal, gave our luggage to the porter and proceeded through security, etc.

Thanks for that info....we are doing a B2B from the Liberty to the Destiny in a few months....

We are hoping to stay on the Liberty as long as possible ....

We walked just beyond the shops and took a taxi to Paradise Beach. All the fares for different locations are indicated on a large placard, $13 each way to Paradise Beach. I believe it was about a ten minute drive. It’s a nice beach, the sand is a bit coarse since it’s made up of mostly sea shells rather than small pebbles. The chairs were only $2, fun pass to the large inflated water toys was $12.

045_45.jpg

044_44.jpg

043_43.jpg

We opted for a little privacy and found our own little palm tree while the kids went out on their own. Overall a very enjoyable afternoon.

042_42.jpg

Arielle's special friend on the left.

046_46.jpg

Yes, Paradise Beach's South End Bar is great for folks who want to get away to themselves!! (and enjoy the hammocks!!)

Your family is absolutely gorgeous!! You included...despite those that are throwing compliments solely to your beautiful wife! I can see where your daughter was loving the cruise, she dominated and captivated attention as she is striking. I'm sure they all enjoyed the cruise and from the looks of things, you all really had a wonderful time.

This review is showing others what cruising can really be like if you open your mind, take yourself out of the box and just enjoy it for all that there is to do. Not one complaint as of yet from your review, just the fun and good times. It would be great if more reviews could be this fulfilling and to think you have several ships and reviews to present besides this one.. I'm honored and ecstatic for this journey I can't stop from enjoying. lol

Sunday, Aug 22nd : Sea day

While Mitchel slept in, Mum, Dad and Arielle went to the fitness center for a workout. The only reason Arielle got up so early was because of Jordan (her special friend) was also going to the gym.

We enjoyed lunch in the Universe Dining room, deck 3 Aft.

Being silly with the napkin

051_51.jpg

Love the view (Tracy and the ocean)

052_52.jpg

Enjoying my dessert.

053_53.jpg

Your family is absolutely gorgeous!! You included...despite those that are throwing compliments solely to your beautiful wife! I can see where your daughter was loving the cruise, she dominated and captivated attention as she is striking. I'm sure they all enjoyed the cruise and from the looks of things, you all really had a wonderful time.

This review is showing others what cruising can really be like if you open your mind, take yourself out of the box and just enjoy it for all that there is to do. Not one complaint as of yet from your review, just the fun and good times. It would be great if more reviews could be this fulfilling and to think you have several ships and reviews to present besides this one.. I'm honored and ecstatic for this journey I can't stop from enjoying. lol

Agree 100%!!!

It's nice to read a positive review instead of all the moaning and complaining!!! We always have a great time when on a cruise!

Mike

Thank you, my son Mitchel was not interrested in getting his photo taken, he spent most of this cruise in his room but by the middle of the next cruise he came out of his shell and had a really good time.:)

Again, Thank you.

Edited by MikeyA53

Thank god. I believe we are on the same roll call for the Pride. Jan 2nd, 2011

Oh yeah. I better be careful on the Pride as you write a great detailed review!

Seriously I hope you do a review of that

cruise something like this one. Good job!

Part of the afternoon was spent on the Lido Deck, laying in the sun and watching the hairy chest contest (relaxing and funny) but the other half of the afternoon was used up doing laundry and packing (arrg).

The guys (9 contestants) would start from the top (guy in yellow) and strut their way down to 3 female judges.

059_59.jpg

060_60.jpg

061_61.jpg

Dinner in the dining room was very good as usual, Tracy had Asparagus Viccissoise, Penne Mariscos and Ameretto cake while I had Crab Cake, Veal Parmigiana and Baked Alaska.

We gave an extra tip to Musahil and we were off to the Palladium Lounge for "Voila Paris" Very good, the second best show I’ve seen in five cruises. ( Not allowed to take photos). Finished off the night with a carrot cake at ‘Café on the way’. A special thanks to Christopher our room steward who did an excellent job. He also received an extra tip.

Next: Carnival Imagination