Mike & Tracy’s Excellent Adventure: B2B2B2B on Destiny, Imagination, Valor, Freedom

MikeyA53

We got dressed in our best for elegant night, Tracy had Baked Stuffed White Mushrooms, Duet of Broiled Maine Lobsters and Grilled Jumbo Black Tiger Shrimps and Grand Marnier souffle. I had Baked Stuffed White Mushrooms , (2) Duet of Broiled Maine Lobsters and Grilled Jumbo Black Tiger Shrimps and Grand Marnier souffle.

In the evening we went to the Dynasty Lounge for ‘Living in America’, good show, don’t miss it. Then we attended the Xanadu Lounge for some karaoke before the Punchliner Comedy Club featuring Darren Sanders R-Rated show, he was good but difficult to understand at times.

Pride dining room

066_66.jpg

Photos in the library

070_70.jpg

Bond, James Bond

071_71.jpg

076_76.jpg

Captain and his Officers

077_77.jpg

Next Cozumel

Imagination

Wednesday, Aug 25th : Cozumel. ( Arrival 1:00 p.m - departure 9:30 p.m.)

Started the morning off by going to the gym, doing very well up till now. Went to the Lido deck for some good food and then to the forward section of the ship to watch it dock in Cozumel. Docked at a different pier from where Dynasty docked last week. Also in port were Elation and Legend.

Cruising2010132.jpg

Cruising2010133.jpg

Carnival Elation & Carnival Legend

Cruising2010134.jpg

Cruising2010135.jpg

Cruising2010136.jpg

Cruising2010138.jpg

This is the best review I have ever followed. Many of us wives are wishing their DH were like you. I am sooooo jealous!! Do you by chance have a brother? LOL. We are leaving for our maiden voyage on the Imagination very soon. Thank you, you have made my nerves much calmer. Can't wait to read the next segment of your amazing vacation. Especially the surprise vow renewal. Your family is absolutely lovely.

Our pier into Cozumel, last week we were docked where Elation and Legend is now docked as seen in the second and third photo. This meant a different plaza of shops.

Cruising2010141.jpg

Cruising2010139.jpg

Cruising2010140.jpg

Cozumel

Cruising2010143.jpg

Cruising2010142.jpg

We disembarked and went shopping again, (we love shopping). To be honest we didn't have a lot of money left over for expensive excursions.

If your interested in buying booze, check out the smaller shops rather than the big duty free shops. For example a liter of Kahlua was $9 in the small shop and $12 in the bigger one. Also in the small shops they had (3) Corona beers on ice for $3.00. They are $4.95 each, plus tip on the ship.

Imagination

Tuesday, Aug 24th : Key West. (Arrival 07:30 a.m - departure 2.00 p.m)

Started the day off at the gym again, ordered room service for breakfast. Took about 30 mins to get it delivered. We docked at the US Naval Base on the outskirts of town again and therefore we took a trolley to town.

As mentioned earlier, one of the highlight of our trip was for me to surprise Tracy by proposing again and renewing our vows on the Valor. The reason I chose the Valor is because her parents from Wales, U.K and good friends from Canada were joining us on the next cruise, which is the Valor.

I’ve been planning this for about a year now, haven’t told a soul. Has mentionned earlier she had her ring stolen years ago I knew what kind of diamond ring she preferred and purchased it in the spring.

Then I brought her shopping several times for dresses for elegant nights, the steakhouses, the chef’s table, photographs on the ship, etc. but all along I was thinking about finding the right dress for the renewal. However I was still not satisfied that she had the right dress and therefore we went shopping for a nice long elegant dress in Old Town. It took a while but we found one along with matching shoe of course.

OMG,how sweet!! What a great dh you are!!! WOW!

I love reading your review, did you bring a ton of clothes on these back to backs????

I'm looking forward to the rest!!!

Yes we did, here is a quote from a few days ago.

"six pieces of luggage ( one suitcase each, plus garment bag and another for misc, a lot but then again we’re gone for 30 days) along with carry on bags such as laptop, collapsible cooler, cameras, etc "

Yes we did, here is a quote from a few days ago.

"six pieces of luggage ( one suitcase each, plus garment bag and another for misc, a lot but then again we’re gone for 30 days) along with carry on bags such as laptop, collapsible cooler, cameras, etc "

acually that isn't a lot for the amount of time you are on your cruises. lol. Not sure I could do with just one suitcase.

Later on in the afternoon we returned to the ship and spent some time in our favorite spot on the Sport deck.

Cruising2010137.jpg

Relax, I'll be ready on time.

Cruising2010144.jpg

On our way to the Pride Dining Room.

Cruising2010145.jpg

Tonight would be our last night in the dining room since we signed up for the "Chef’s Table" for tomorrow night. We were the only ones who had a reservation prior to the cruise, everyone else was recruited by announcements in the dining room.

Tonight Tracy had Cured Salmon and Candied Tomato, Tom Turkey and Cappuccino ice cake while I had Fried Mozzarella, (2) Sweet & Sour Shrimp and Tiramisu. We gave Adrian and I Nyoman an extra tip for their excellent service.

Next: Sea day

First, thank you for the great ongoing review. :)

I know we are ALL waiting for when you surprise your wife...

And I hope you know you've probably ruined it for all the husbands out there... :rolleyes: Not ONLY being sensitive enough to get her the right dress for the occasion, but also being smart enough to think of SHOES!?!?! :eek:

Dang, no way most mere mortals can compete with THAT. :D

What a great review. I am looking forward to the rest of it. You really took the time to post fantastic photos.

Should you be interested in a Hawaii Trip in the future, I just finished a review of our Trans Pacific Cruise on the Spirit.

You can find the review here:

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=1279418

Mike, My friends are getting married on the Valor, there is a group of 30 of us going over for it from Ireland. I was showing them your Review and Pics tonight (it is brilliant by the way). They thought they had died and gone to heaven when they saw the Chocolate Buffet. Is there one of them on the Valor as well?

Mike, My friends are getting married on the Valor, there is a group of 30 of us going over for it from Ireland. I was showing them your Review and Pics tonight (it is brilliant by the way). They thought they had died and gone to heaven when they saw the Chocolate Buffet. Is there one of them on the Valor as well?

Yes there is, on the last sea day between 12 p.m and 2:30 p.m at Rosie's, deck 9. But it's a different set up. On the valor it's at the end of the buffet line while on the Destiny it's on a dessert bar.

Chocolate buffet on the Destiny

058_58.jpg

Chocolate buffet on the Valor

Cruising2010356-1.jpg

Edited by MikeyA53

First, I must say you have a beautiful family. Your review, with pics, is wonderful. I keep coming back on CC to see if you have added more several times a day, lol. I look forward to reading more of your review & especially hearing about your proposal and renewal of your vows. Your wife is an extremely lucky lady. I will be on the Freedom in January & look forward to your review of the ship. Question, I am curious to know how your children were able to be out of school for 4 weeks.

First, I must say you have a beautiful family. Your review, with pics, is wonderful. I keep coming back on CC to see if you have added more several times a day, lol. I look forward to reading more of your review & especially hearing about your proposal and renewal of your vows. Your wife is an extremely lucky lady. I will be on the Freedom in January & look forward to your review of the ship. Question, I am curious to know how your children were able to be out of school for 4 weeks.

Thank you, our schools start after Labor day and therefore they only missed 4 days of school.

Mike, thanks for posting the photo of Fort Zachary Taylor State Park in Key West. It is a great place to spend the day and very close to where the ships dock. There are picnic tables in the shade, good snorkeling if you swim to those rock formations, a great little snack bar, showers and restrooms. You can also tour the Fort, walk along shady paths and work on your tan.

Your review is great!

Rose

Great review.

Did I count correctly...

you were on 4 different ships for a total of 25 days at sea?

4 different ships for a total of 21 days. Destiny 4 days, Imagination 4 days, Valor 7 days and Freedom 6 days.

Mike, thanks for posting the photo of Fort Zachary Taylor State Park in Key West. It is a great place to spend the day and very close to where the ships dock. There are picnic tables in the shade, good snorkeling if you swim to those rock formations, a great little snack bar, showers and restrooms. You can also tour the Fort, walk along shady paths and work on your tan.

Your review is great!

Rose

We had planned on going but didn't get around to it. Next time. Thanks