Mike & Tracy’s Excellent Adventure: B2B2B2B on Destiny, Imagination, Valor, Freedom

MikeyA53

Here's a few photos of the Rotunda Atrium on the Destiny. I do have more. I'm having difficulty locating some of my photos on photobucket. I downloaded over a thousand photos from 3 different cameras and they are all over the place. I don't want mix up the photos. Keen eyes would know if I were to insert a Imagination Atrium photo with the Destiny Atrium photos.

Cruising2010477.jpg

Cruising2010465-Copy.jpg

Cruising2010461-Copy.jpg

Cruising2010448-Copy.jpg

I will be getting back to the review after showing a few photos of the ship.

Hi Mike, I have a question for you. What time did you get off the first ship to transfer over to the second cruise. We are doing a B2B in Jan from Miami on the Destiny and then going over to the Liberty and was wondering about that process of transferring from one ship to the next. Thanks, CCQ

Hi Mike, I have a question for you. What time did you get off the first ship to transfer over to the second cruise. We are doing a B2B in Jan from Miami on the Destiny and then going over to the Liberty and was wondering about that process of transferring from one ship to the next. Thanks, CCQ

We stayed as long as we could on the Destiny which was about 9:40 a.m, collected our luggage, went through customs. Once outside we ripped off the Destiny luggage tags and replaced them with the Imagination tags and walked next door to the adjacent terminal, gave our luggage to the porter and proceeded through security, etc.

We were on this sailing on the Destiny and we loved it!!! I noticed that your daughter is 15, did she participate in Club O2? My nephew ran around with a group of kids for the whole cruise and had a blast, just wondering if maybe she knew him.

We were on this sailing on the Destiny and we loved it!!! I noticed that your daughter is 15, did she participate in Club O2? My nephew ran around with a group of kids for the whole cruise and had a blast, just wondering if maybe she knew him.

Yes she did, I will be adding a photo of her with 6 boys. You might see your nephew. She loved it, it appeared that there was a lot more boys than girls.

Our luggage arrived at 4:50 p.m and we were ready for dinner an hour later. We had anytime dining in the Galaxy dining room, mid ship, upper level. We had anytime dining last year on the sensation and loved it. In fact we also had anytime on the Destiny, Imagination, Valor and Freedom. Never had to wait even once, sat at the same table every night, with the same waiters. Our head waiter’s name was Musahil from Indonesia, ( never got to know his assistants) , he was very pleasant, gave us a different puzzle challenges to solve each night. One challenge was how you pick up an upright wine glass with a straw. Neat trick.

DSC_0542.jpg

There was always a trick or twist to the puzzles, alas we did not solve any of them but it was fun and it kept the kids entertained. For our main course Tracy had Chicken a la Grecque and I had the BBQ ribs since I enjoyed them so much on Sensation last year.

After dinner we came across a line of people near the fun shops, deck 5 Fwd. We got in line when informed that it was free liquor tasting, after about 10 minutes we got to sample two liquors/liqueurs of our choice. We purchased a 1 liter bottle of Amarula and a 1 liter bottle of Bacardi Razz for $29.98. Knowing that they would be delivered to our room on the last night, however, we would then have two bottles of liquor when we boarded Imagination immediately after Destiny. More on that later.

Our evening was spent watching the game show mania in the Palladium Lounge, deck 3 Fwd (entertaining), karaoke in the Criterion lounge, Deck 5 aft (always fun) and "The spy next door" movie at the Seaside Theatre, deck 9 Fwd (relaxing).

022_22.jpg

Finished the evening with a visit to the Café on the way for some Carrot Cake ( yummy).

020_20.jpg

Friday, Aug 20th : Key West. (Arrival 07:30 a.m - departure 2.00 p.m)

After enjoying breakfast in the Sun & Sea Restaurant, lido deck, we disembarked and took a trolley to town since we were docked at the naval base.

Most ships will dock at Mallory Square or the Truman Annex. Both are within easy walking distance of Old Town. Duval Street is only 2 blocks from the pier. Otherwise they will dock at the closed US Naval Base on the outskirts of town. If your ship docks there, trolleys will shuttle you off the base and into Old Town.

Knowing that we would be returning to Key West on the Imagination and Freedom cruise we didn’t do much since it was very hot. Some of us tried Kermit’s frozen key lime pie on a stick that I heard so much about on Cruise Critic. Loved it and had it on subsequent visits to Key West (Imagination & Freedom). We did a bit of shopping and returned to the ship to spend time by the pool.

Naval Dock

023_23.jpg

Destiny

024_24.jpg

Old Town

025_25.jpg

026_26.jpg

Arielle and the Sponge Monster

028_28.jpg

Tonight was elegant night, we all got dressed up and as planned I made a pig of myself, for starters I had Baked Stuffed White Mushrooms (excellent), (2) Duet of Broiled Maine Lobsters and Grilled Jumbo Black Tiger Shrimps and for dessert Cherries Jubilee and Bitter and Blanc. The kids also had the Maine Lobster and warm chocolate melting cake for dessert.. Everything was so good. Both Tracy and I have been dieting and working out since January, I went from 213 lbs to 175 lbs for this trip. We continued to work out at least every second day but the diet was out the door.

I intended on including photos of our meals but Tracy and the kids got sick of it last year when I would make them wait so that I could take a photo of each plate. Therefore I will only have a few photos here and there.

Here we are on our way to cruise elegant night

034_34.jpg

Edited by MikeyA53

We spent the night in the Criterion Lounge enjoying the Punchliner Comedy Club comedians. The first show we watched featured Carl Strong PG show at 8:30 p.m. He was hillarious, jumping ahead here, he was the funniest comedian we saw on all our cruises. Then at 9:45 it was Tommy Drake’s adults only show. (Very good) then at 11:45 it was Carl Strong again with basically the same material just R-Rated. Arrive early, not everyone got to watch the first R-rated show and there was a big lineup waiting to see the second R-rated show.

Next Cozumel

Saturday, Aug 21st : Cozumel. ( Arrival 1:00 p.m - departure 9:30 p.m.)

After coming back from a workout in the gym, we ordered room service. We were told it would take 30-45 mins, however it took only 10 mins. After breakfast we disembarked.

035_35.jpg

037_37.jpg

Carnival Destiny & Carnival Elation

038_38.jpg

Cozumel has two piers, you can see the other one on the left. There was another ship docked at that pier, can't remember what it was, not Carnival.

040_40.jpg