Mike & Tracy’s Excellent Adventure: B2B2B2B on Destiny, Imagination, Valor, Freedom

MikeyA53

Just my thoughts about making your cruise a pleasant experience...

Pull out that childlike awe and playfulness buried deep inside you, plan well before you cruise, choose your stateroom carefully, don't let small inconveniences upset you, explore new adventures, try new foods, talk with total strangers, participate, let yourself go and you will enjoy yourself. Be realistic about your cruise expectations, nothing is perfect, things do happen. If you cruise with a sense of entitlement, you will be disappointed. Pack your humor, imagination, childlike curiosity, flexibility and your brain. Leave your negativity and bad attitude home.

Someone will be cleaning up after you all week, making your bed, delivering room service, cooking all your food and washing all your dishes, leaving cute towel animals to greet you, dazzle you with shows and demonstrations, then transport you to exotic ports of call.

I follow my own suggestions whenever I cruise and ALWAYS have a great time.

Rose

Thanks Rose

‘Your time dining’ was in the Lincoln dining room, Fwd section. We were on the upper level at a table for 9.

Our team head waiter was Fernando from El Salvador, team waiter Gergely from Romania and our bar waiter was Putu. They did a fantastic job each night and we stayed with them all week.

Remember, they ask you each night if you would like to be served by the same waiters if you’re not happy it’s easy to change tables along with different waiters.

After dinner all of us went to the Eagles Lounge for karaoke. It began with regular karaoke and then it was ‘Super Star Live’. You sang with a live band. Tracy sang one song, my buddy Rick submitted a song selection after a couple of drinks, including a double Jack Daniel’s straight up but unfortunately he was too late and did not sing, Mitchel also submitted a song selection but could not sing since Super Star Live is only for 18 yrs and older.

Cruising2010061-Copy.jpg

Cruising2010063-Copy.jpg

Then we attended the Ivanhoe Theater for the ‘Welcome Aboard Show’ with cruise director Big Tex, starring comedians Darren Sanders and Carl Strong. Just our luck we had already seen Darren Sanders on the Imagination and our favorite comedian Carl Strong on the Destiny. These guys travel from ship to ship, midway through the week they were replaced by two new comedians when we were docked in one of the ports, that had another Carnival ship.

The band, dancers and comedians all played a small part to give an example of the shows that we would be seeing during the week.

Just a note for everyone who has not cruised yet, when the Valor dancers perform their show along with vocals of Matt & Danielle and live music by Bobby Whavers & The Valor Orchestra they use the whole stage with many costume changes, beautiful backdrops, props, laser light show, etc. The two major shows they performed during the week were ' Nightclub Express' and 'Far from Over' .

Because photography is strickly prohibited I do not have any photos of the shows, however tonights 'Welcome Aboard Show' allowed photography.

The Ivanhoe Theater filling up.

Cruising2010065-Copy-1.jpg

Cruise director, Big Tex, addressing the crowd.

Cruising2010067-Copy.jpg

The Valor dancers

Cruising2010066-Copy.jpg

Darren Sanders

Cruising2010068-Copy.jpg

Carl Strong

Cruising2010069-Copy.jpg

Do your kids remember how much it was per game in the arcade, and did you play laser tag and how much was that?

Thanks

EMOSEWA:cool:

Mitchel told me that it's between .50 and .75 depending on the game. He played laser tag twice and it was $5 per 10 min game. Maximum five players per game. It was played on Monday, sea day, at 4 p.m. He said it was a lot of fun.

Laser tag on Ivanhoe Theater Stage

Cruising2010118-Copy.jpg

Just my thoughts about making your cruise a pleasant experience...

Pull out that childlike awe and playfulness buried deep inside you, plan well before you cruise, choose your stateroom carefully, don't let small inconveniences upset you, explore new adventures, try new foods, talk with total strangers, participate, let yourself go and you will enjoy yourself. Be realistic about your cruise expectations, nothing is perfect, things do happen. If you cruise with a sense of entitlement, you will be disappointed. Pack your humor, imagination, childlike curiosity, flexibility and your brain. Leave your negativity and bad attitude home.

Someone will be cleaning up after you all week, making your bed, delivering room service, cooking all your food and washing all your dishes, leaving cute towel animals to greet you, dazzle you with shows and demonstrations, then transport you to exotic ports of call.

I follow my own suggestions whenever I cruise and ALWAYS have a great time.

Rose

Mind if I borrow that quote, Rose? :D

OP, I am really enjoying your review. Have I mentioned how envious I am that you were able to take 4 cruises b2b? Love it!!

Mind if I borrow that quote, Rose? :D

OP, I am really enjoying your review. Have I mentioned how envious I am that you were able to take 4 cruises b2b? Love it!!

Thanks kerrytens. I would also like to be able to quote Rose.;)

Thanks to kel040, Prairie Gal and Ellanora. I'm enjoying writing it since it's like re-living it.

Edited by MikeyA53

Monday, Aug 30th : Sea day

Got up before Tracy to roam the ship and take some more photos. I was hoping to get some dawn photos but I was a bit late. You can see from the photos that it's still quite early.

Cruising2010087-Copy.jpg

Cruising2010091-Copy.jpg

Cruising2010092-Copy.jpg

Cruising2010090-Copy.jpg

Cruising2010089-Copy.jpg

This is the best review I have ever read. I can not wait for more. Especially the renewal.

So did anyone ever tell you that you also look like the actor on Flashpoint.

282875.JPG

his name is Hugh Dillon, but coincidentally his screen name is "Mike"

Thank you.

Hugh Dillon,No. I'll have to show Tracy and see what she thinks.:p

The other reason I got early and before Tracy was so I could meet with a ship's coordinator in charge of wedding vows for the first time, to plan the reception.

I had called them about 6 months earlier to set a date and I was told that renewals are performed on sea days and the captain chooses the time and day. This did not work for me because I wanted to choose which sea day we would have the renewal of the vows. First I had to propose to her again which I wanted to do in the Scarlett's Steakhouse, in the company of her parents and our friends. I also wanted it to be between the two elegant nights and I had chosen Wednesday, while we were in Mahogany Bay. Therefore, we would have the renewal on the last sea day, which would be Saturday.

I was told I could reserve now and take that chance or wait until I got on the ship. Well I waited till the second day of the cruise which was a sea day thinking the captain would not perform it on the same day and I was right. The renewal of the vows would be on Saturday the last sea day.

I proposed to Tracy on Wednesday as planned and revealed to her that we were getting re-married by the captain on Saturday. More on the proposal and renewal later with lots of photos. You gotta love it when all your plans work out.

With that taken care of I returned to the cabin and Tracy and I went to the gym. Ordered room service for breakfast. It was delivered within 10-15 mins. We heard our first "Bright Star" being repeated over the PA system for cabin 1104. Staff were running down the halls. Bright Star is some sort of medical emergency.

Here's a couple more photos from my early morning romp.

Adults Only

Cruising2010086-Copy.jpg

Basketball court

Cruising2010088-Copy.jpg

I am loving the review of the Valor, Mike. We will be on it 3 weeks today and can't wait. Have friends getting married onboard.

Love the Pic of the Adults only area. Will hopefully get to spend some time reading up there during the week onboard.

This is the best review ever. I love seeing the pics of your family and reading piece by piece. I keep coming back to read more. I didn't know until this last segment that you were having a vow renewal. That is really beautiful. You and your family seem happy and blessed.

I am loving the review of the Valor, Mike. We will be on it 3 weeks today and can't wait. Have friends getting married onboard.

Love the Pic of the Adults only area. Will hopefully get to spend some time reading up there during the week onboard.

Thank you, I sure you are all going to have a good time.

This is the best review ever. I love seeing the pics of your family and reading piece by piece. I keep coming back to read more. I didn't know until this last segment that you were having a vow renewal. That is really beautiful. You and your family seem happy and blessed.

Thank you:):)

It was mentioned a couple of times but hey this review has been going for a while now. In case you do not know, no one knew about the proposal and the renewal of vows. I shocked everyone when I got down on one knee and proposed to her again with a new ring.

At noon the six adults along with Nick went to the Washington Dining room for lunch. Our kids were still sleeping. Some days they only got up at 3 in the afternoon. Hey it’s their vacation too, so if they want to sleep it away. We got a nice table with a rearward view of the ocean.

Washington Dining Room at lunch time

Cruising2010084-Copy.jpg

Cruising2010096-Copy.jpg

Pan Fried Fillet of Idaho Rainbow Trout Almondine

Cruising2010110-Copy.jpg

Neptune's Chef Salad

Cruising2010111-Copy.jpg

Thank you:):)

It was mentioned a couple of times but hey this review has been going for a while now. In case you do not know, no one knew about the proposal and the renewal of vows. I shocked everyone when I got down on one knee and proposed to her again with a new ring.

That's awesome. Keep the great review going. I am going on Freedom in November and I am chomping at the bit for you guys to get the ship...hahaha.

Fantastic Mike! Hope you don't mind if I use your story for inspiration. My wife and I will be on the Valor next June to celebrate our 25th anniversary.

A renewal of vows would be fantastic for your 25th. Are you thinking of surprising her. Will you have family/friends with you.

We had a relaxing afternoon in the sun, some of us went in the sauna, finished off the bon voyage cake ( actually very good), the girls did each others hair for elegant night.

We love to lay in the sun, on the top deck just beyond the slide.

Cruising2010114-Copy.jpg

Around the corner he goes

Cruising2010115-Copy.jpg

Cruising2010116-Copy.jpg