Canon D-10 Best money I spent for the cruise

I just got back and have to say that the D-10 was just wonderful. I got amazing above water and underwater pics that I will always treasure. I have some pics on my Review Serende 9-5 post on RC site and will post some here too. Just wanted to share if anyone else is doing what I was doing ...to buy or not to buy!. Buy it! We were in reain, by a waterfall, in rain storms, on a sailbot in a storm and of course, snorkelling. I got amazing pics of sea turtles in St Thomas. Here are a couple:th_IMG_1013.jpg

IMG_0962.jpg

IMG_0960.jpg

I am sooo jealous!!! I bought a canon D10 in August to use on a cruise on the Freedom on 8/29, but the ship got rerouted due to a hurricane. We were supposed to go to St Thomas and we were going to swim with those sea turtles!!

I did get to use it at Cococay, but the water was pretty murky. Here is a pic from ours:

4962280623_7b92fa47b2_b.jpg

Whats a D10? Is that a video camera? Great shots!!

It is an underwater camera I got on Amazon for about $270.00. Paid for itself in memories. The weirdest part is gettingused to putting your camera in the water on purpose.

Bionicman...sorry you missed the turtles. It was the highlight of our trip, just not enough time in the water with them. Our halfday tour was only out from 1 to 4pm and it was a 45 min sail each way. They were worth the effort!!!

Wow...great color in your pictures. I thought hard about an underwater camera before my recent cruise but decided instead to invest more in my DSLR accessories. I'm still sort of kicking myself for not pulling the trigger. It definitely would have been nice to have, and your pictures/memories confirm that.

Wow...great color in your pictures. I thought hard about an underwater camera before my recent cruise but decided instead to invest more in my DSLR accessories. I'm still sort of kicking myself for not pulling the trigger. It definitely would have been nice to have, and your pictures/memories confirm that.

I was kicking myself when I bought it and DH kept saying the disposables were fine but I take a zillion pics hoping some are good and I would have not gotten the amazing pics I did get had I not gotten the D-10. Actually my regular camera broke the month before we left and my options were new one of reg camera or tape it shut and it still worked and get D-10. I decided to tape the old one and brought a roll of tape along for when I had to change batteries and bought the underwater camera. On the cruise, in a show the cruise director was taking pics of couples and I handed him my repaired camera and he pointed out to all the audience my tape job. A little embarrassing!

I will post some more when I get time of the scenery ones. They were just as awesome. So vivid.

More accessories are always good!!! Right now, I'm looking for a flash and a prime lens for my Canon t1i.

More accessories are always good!!! Right now, I'm looking for a flash and a prime lens for my Canon t1i.

The problem with accessories is that there's a seemingly never ending list. Plus, my "accessory" list currently includes a 580 EX II (lucky you trophy_23!), a Manfrotto tripod and ball head, and lenses like the 70-200mm f/2.8L IS (due to a combination of my daughter doing competitive dance indoors and me having L lust :D). This hobby is getting expensive, but I can't say that I wasn't warned.

The problem with accessories is that there's a seemingly never ending list. Plus, my "accessory" list currently includes a 580 EX II (lucky you trophy_23!), a Manfrotto tripod and ball head, and lenses like the 70-200mm f/2.8L IS (due to a combination of my daughter doing competitive dance indoors and me having L lust :D). This hobby is getting expensive, but I can't say that I wasn't warned.

I hear you. It's never, do I need another accessory, it's what accessory do I need next. :D

Archived