Zuiderdams Pinnacle Grill - Food Quality??

cruisecrasy

For the op and as specifics are being asked, we dined in the Pinnacle in our April, 2010 cruise on the Zuiderdam (sunfarer) and again on our October 2010 NA transatlantic cruise.

In both cases, the dinner was excellent. Lunch on the NA was good.

In suites so we had the Pinnacle for breakfast, it was closed for the first two days in April on our Zuiderdam cruise but not on our October NA cruise. Breakfast in the Pinnacle was always enjoyable and one of the reasons I book this category.

Steaks were impeccable :D

flex away but I want the perks offered when I paid my deposit OR don't offer them..Doesn't seem unreasonable to me but of course, JMO.. :)

If they suddenly had to close the PG 'cause say - it was flooded - now with that I wld be as u stated and made good sense - 'flexible' - 'cause its something they have no control over....Lots of virtue then :)

YES, I resent being offered the first 2 mornings breakfast in the PG as a suite perk never mind the mariner lunch and then not getting them...On a 5 - 7 day cruise doesn't leave many mornings left..and 'gosh' on a 4 or 3 day only 1 to NO Pinn Grill breakfasts..:(

Can u explain why no embarkation day lunch for mariners suddenly? Again, another perk hitting the dust, without warning..:(

Perhaps HAL shld hire back a few more folks if they so desperately need the PG staff the first 2 mornings in the Lido..and for the MDR also since they have been feverishly laying them off..! :(

Couldn't agree more. There was a long thread about this situation a while back that got very heated as people saw those of us in suites with PG breakfast benefits acting as cry-babies.

Our point is that they advertise the benefit and should offer it! Period! If they wish to not offer it for the first two days and keep the suite price the same, that is fine by us also, as long as that is what is advertised as suite perks! We should know up front what we are getting.

I was on the Zuiderdam from Nov. 3-13 and ate at the PG on one occasion. It was outstanding in every way. Our original reservation had to be cancelled because of a slight case of seasickness. The MD could not have been more gracious or accommadating in rescheduling. Our waiter was wonderful. The food cooked to perfection. My only regret - we ran out of time to eat there again.

Couldn't agree more. There was a long thread about this situation a while back that got very heated as people saw those of us in suites with PG breakfast benefits acting as cry-babies.

Our point is that they advertise the benefit and should offer it! Period! If they wish to not offer it for the first two days and keep the suite price the same, that is fine by us also, as long as that is what is advertised as suite perks! We should know up front what we are getting.

No, I think that some posters had problems with the attitude of certain posters. I agree, if they are not going to offer this perk they should not advertise it.

We have booked the Pinnacle Grille for two nights on our 10-day cruise on the Zuiderdam in January. We have been to PG many times on the Westerdam, Eurodam and Oosterdam and we've never had a bad meal, nor bad service.

On the last cruise in May, we had five breakfasts, one lunch and two dinners at PG and the food and service was wonderful. Hopefully, we'll be able to say the same thing in January.

Ah, therein lies the rub. Our discovery has been that the more a passenger eats in the Pinnacle, the better the service. We were basically abandoned one evening (only time we ate in the Pinnacle during that cruise) for a couple who had dined there almost every night. They were served and out of there before we received the main course, and we had been sitting at our table 10 minutes before they came in! The restaurant was not crowded, in fact it was closer to 9 p.m., so the staff was not busy.

I doubt our experience is how HAL wants the PG to be remembered. We are trying it again on this upcoming cruise, but DH has already said that if the service matches our previous experience, that's it. We won't be eating there again no matter how much I protest that decision.

[quote name='sevenseasnomad']Ah, therein lies the rub. Our discovery has been that the more a passenger eats in the Pinnacle, the better the service. We were basically abandoned one evening (only time we ate in the Pinnacle during that cruise) for a couple who had dined there almost every night. They were served and out of there before we received the main course, and we had been sitting at our table 10 minutes before they came in! The restaurant was not crowded, in fact it was closer to 9 p.m., so the staff was not busy.

I doubt our experience is how HAL wants the PG to be remembered. We are trying it again on this upcoming cruise, but DH has already said that if the service matches our previous experience, that's it. We won't be eating there again no matter how much I protest that decision.[/quote]

That service was substandard. I'm a fan of the Pinnacle Grill but on my last cruise on the Ryndam the service was terrible. I was on a B2B and I had booked the Pinnacle for those 2 nights they had the Master Chef dinner. I was not pleased with the service and the Pinnacle Manager knew it. He told me to come back and have lunch there to make it up. I thought, forget it. I still showed up for my second dinner and it was like night and day. The service was just as I had remembered on previous visits. If that had been my first visit to the Pinnacle it would have been my last. When they charge extra they need to step up to the plate every time.

Archived