icruise.com giving out personal info and signing you up for magazines?

ScreamWithMe

I booked a cruise through icruise.com about two months ago. A couple of weeks ago I got a copy of "Travel and Leisure" magazine in the mail. I never ordered it and thought it was sent as a free copy from something I bought (I travel a lot).

Then today I got a postcard with all of my personal information, including the last four digits of my credit card number that I used to book the cruise. The postcard said that if I didn't call to cancel the magazine they would begin billing.

I called and found out that icruise.com had handed over all of my information. I'm sure it was probably buried in their terms and conditions, but I don't recall anything about a magazine subscription when I booked. Essentially icruise.com sold my info and CC# to another company :mad:

I will never do business with any company with shady deals like these. Please be aware that if you've done business with icruise and start receiving magazines you didn't order then you'll eventually get a bill for them.

Guest enjoycruises

The same thing happened to me. I was furious and called them on it. If the magazine was free, how come they needed to give out my credit card info to another source? I told them this was bad buisness and that my credit card info was NOT to be given out. I threatened a lawsuit and they took care of cancelling the magazine for me and sent me a credit of $14 for the subscription. I also called my VISA and was told that nothing could be done against the company since the Visa card was an I-Cruise card. THEY HAD NO BUSINESS GIVING OUT MY CARD # TO ANOTHER SOURCE.

Yes, I saved money using them but I spent money to get money off. I used their VISA card.

Hey you guys, I'm an attorney and it is illegal to give out ones credit card number and social security number to anyone other than the party you gave it to. Call you local Commonwealth Attorney's Office or State Attorney's Office. It is a crime and should be treated as such. ID Fraud is one of the biggest problems now facing the justice department and this just opens the door.

I booked online with them - like I said, shame on me for not reading the fine print - I'm sure it was in there somewhere, but it wasn't clearly pointed out.

I didn't even get a discount - I just booked with them because they offered online cabin selection and we saw an aft cabin and wanted to get it immediately. It makes me really mad through and I will never order through them again.

I'm still several months away from the cruise - if there was a way to guarantee my cabin, I'd cancel and rebook with someone else just to spite them.

Hey you guys, I'm an attorney and it is illegal to give out ones credit card number and social security number to anyone other than the party you gave it to. Call you local Commonwealth Attorney's Office or State Attorney's Office. It is a crime and should be treated as such. ID Fraud is one of the biggest problems now facing the justice department and this just opens the door.

Personal information is being given out freely............When someone wonts to sit at a certain table with others they know on board. TA are asking for the booking numbers to link with their customers. On the princess cruise personalizer you can key in your name and booking number....everything about you is exposed including your pasport number.....last for digits of credit card........what you paid for your trip...........health issues.

If you book with a TA Princess will not deal with you in any way you have to go through your TA....the TA's are requesting other passengers booking numbers just to link them up at a dining table with their customers.Princess states these TA's dont need the booking numbers ,just an OK...........breaks down to a stale mate if you don't cooperate with the TA's request.

Don't think passengers who give others openly their booking numbers realize the are loosing their privacy.

Feel that Princess should send a memo to their TA's stating that if they are not handling a booking they should not be asking for other TA's and princesses booking numbers.....just to place a person at a table with their customers.

Am I right or wrong ?????

Archived