Karaoke Song List

Karaoke is a poor excuse for entertainment. We are paying top dollar to cruise and nobody wants to hear their cruise companions trying to provide an evenings entertainment.

In most cases the everyday cruiser cannot belt out a tune.

Then I would suggest don't go to Karaoke then. There are plenty of other activities to go to if you don't like it. I have heard some people that are really good and others that weren't but were entertaining. My wife & I have won Karaoke contests and enjoy it a lot.

Steve

• 6 months later...

INFO FOR ALL INTERESTED IN KARAOKE...There was a Karaoke "venue" on every cruise we went on, a total of only 7, but they were Celebrity, RC and of course Carnival.

Each ship will have it's on "version", i.e., type of Karaoke Show provided. The KJ will either be using a fully electronic, computer generated type show, or be working with the "older" version, using what is called CD-G's.

If they're using the older CD-G's, you can bring your own commercially "bought" ones, or bring your own personal CD-G's. (Some of us out here actually make our own, but that's not for a beginner). Each ship we went on gladly used our CD-G's when asked. The downside to this type of show is the song choices available will typically be limited. Some could be as large as maybe 8-10,000, but not too many.

Regarding the electronic, computer generated shows: Typically, the KJ doesn't have the ability to use CD-G's. The "tunes" played are fully electronic (not CD-G's) and the "show" is right off the computer. The real advantage to this type of show is the KJ could have literally "hundreds of thousands" of selections to choose from! You would usually be able to find most any song you wanted to sing as long as it's not brand new, or not in a typical Karaoke format. (Additionally, with the advent of wireless computer internet connections, if your KJ has internet, belongs to a Karaoke sharing program and wants to take a few minutes to do it, he can instantly go on-line, search, find and download most anything...on the fly! This is the type of Karaoke I do for my own shows.

Most important...have fun!!! :)

I was amazed at the catalog that the Freedom had. There were songs in English, Spanish and French!. Had a couple from France sing a french duet horribly.:D And had a Spanish Gentleman sing a rock song called Lamento Boliviano by los enanitos verdes..He was freaking awesome the entire crowd went nuts! It was kind of cool seeing every race of people bonding in the Karaoke Lounge!

• 4 years later...
Karaoke is a poor excuse for entertainment. We are paying top dollar to cruise and nobody wants to hear their cruise companions trying to provide an evenings entertainment.

Lot's of people love the karaoke.....good or bad. That's part of the fun of it.

Don't knock it till you try it.

I've only been on one cruise so far, but there were several very talented singers doing Karaoke. Sure, some were average or just being goofy, but the truly talented singers with good stage presence made it worth watching.

Lot's of people love the karaoke.....good or bad. That's part of the fun of it.

Don't knock it till you try it.

You know he/she wrote that in 2011? They've probably died from being a stuffy old fart by now. I love watching karaoke.

Quite a few years ago I did Karaoke for the first time ever. Had a great time singing "If I had a million Dollars" by the Bare Naked ladies, and the ACD sang it with me. If you know the song, it makes sense that I needed someone else.

My wife is AMAZING at Karaoke, Voice major in college, and I cannot carry a tune in a bucket with both hands.

If you do not like Karaoke, do not attend, there are other things on the ship for you to go to and complain about.

• 1 year later...

Stumbled on this oldish thread so not sure whether I should resurrect it or not (Too late now!) Have never done Karaoke and threatened my wife that I would, but it does not appear that we can play our own songs. I know the song I would like to sing would most likely not be available as Karaoke but even if I found it, would I even be allowed to sing it on a Royal Caribbean cruise? I am not that fussed really and as someone said, there is not enough booze on the ship, but if I am ever going to do it its on a ship

Update before posting: Quick Amazon search and I can buy the artist/songs I want.

The fact is that if internet is available- which it is- you can find just about any song you want on you tube. We did it at a recent party and it worked great. No more discs or software needed.

Karaoke is a blast with the right crowd. Royals playlists usually are very limited.

Liberty had a huge selection. There were 4 books of songs. My youngest son won singing Frank Sinatra. And I would say 85% of the people were fabulous. My son just graduated with a degree in theatre & has taken private voice lessons for about 10 years. So I can say if you don't like Karaoke don't go- but don't be rude about those who can sing & enjoy it

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

• 7 months later...

For me, at least, the entertainment is in the doing, but it could be for those watching, I guess.

I want to do some variety of songs. We'll see what happens. Happy sailing and happy SINGING! :)

Speak for yourself. There are many good singers and there is other entertainment going on in the ship.the karaoke crowd loves and they have aright to let loose and have fun also!

• 2 weeks later...
Speak for yourself. There are many good singers and there is other entertainment going on in the ship.the karaoke crowd loves and they have aright to let loose and have fun also!

Amen!

Alas, after all my excitement and plans to do this I was too pooped to go. Or I enjoyed the view and air instead. It would have been fun. Maybe next time.

First time Carnival cruising next month from Baltimore. 1. Do all karaoke songs include background singers, like in the original version? Some songs sound way better with backup singers and some songs can't do without them. 2. Are there usually more than one version of each song to select from? If used to singing to a specific version, it can be discombobulating attempting to sing to an unfamiliar and very different version. 3. How soon after submitting your choice do you get your shot at fame: minutes, hours, days, all the above? Are there better times to schedule karaoke? Thanx.