100% Agave and beach

cruisinaz

He will know exactlly where it is.

Save me some 100% Agave!

Thanks I am so there! I love your picture!!! Can I just take a picture of it? I think it will last much longer:D

Yes, yes, yes!....definitely get a cab and go here. We walked around a little bit right off the port at Costa Maya when we got off the NCL Epic. They have a nice little area with a beach where you can watch the Dolphin Experience excursion, a pool area with a swim-up bar, and shopping, but the highlight of our trip was getting a cab outside this area and going for lunch at Fernando's 100% Agave!

It was only about a 5 minute cab ride, so it was inexpensive (less than $5 maybe, not sure cause hubby and bro-in-law worked out the details with the cab). He dropped us off right in front of the restaurant. Lunch was AMAZING and the hospitality was some of the best we have ever had. Restaurant is owned and run by Fernando and his daughter who is in training to help him with the running of the restaurant. He was VERY personable! He welcomed us with a little pitcher of complimentary grapefruit margaritas. They serve 3 delicious salsas with their chips (my favorite was the avocado and habanero tomatilla salsa - that one had some kick!). Everything we ordered was fabulous. Lunch ended with a complimentary coffee flavored tequila shot. Average meal price was $4. Can't beat that! Fernando took such a liking to us that he even brought out 3 tequilas in different stages of the aging process from his own private stock to share with us. This place was definitely the highlight of our cruise!

Does anybody know what type of food is on his menu other than the nacho chips and salsa.

He's got a full menu...various seafood dishes, shrimp, carnitas, lechon (suckling pig). You can get in in plates, enchiladas, or in soft corn tacos.

Does anybody know what type of food is on his menu other than the nacho chips and salsa.

Lots of choices: enchiladas, burritos, tacos, fajitas, etc... Also, he offers to make whatever kind of combination you want, say you see something you like that's offered on the menu as a burrito, well when he took our order he said he could make it into a taco or just a platter or whatever we wanted. I had a chicken breast with a mole sauce, because I wanted to try some authenic mole sauce (it also came with rice). Others at my table had steak tacos and shrimp fajitas.

• 3 weeks later...

Things I remember our party having (memory affected by tequila, so I'm missing some items):

*I had fish filets, lightly breaded & fried, topped with a green sauce. Fantasic.

*My boys (7 & 5 y/o) had soft shell tacos; one chicken, one diced beef

*don't recall what my wife had

*someone had ceviche; very tasty but as a caution it had a lot of squid & octopus that was a bit chewy

I'd like to go here, but go to the beach first, which beach should I be dropped off at? Thanks!

it's all the same beach. Just have the taxi drop you off at the first taxi stand. You'll be right on the beach. Turn left on the malecon to Tropicante or Tequila Beach club. Turn right on the malecon for Nacional Beach Club, Pez Quadro, and further down Nohoch Kay. Turn around from the taxi stand and go back to the street you came down on, trun left and go 1/2 block you'll see 100% Agave's bottle sign.

From one of those beaches how far is the walk about to Agave? Thanks,

also which beach is less geared toward young children and/ or college kids?

Thanks!!!!

it's all the same beach. Just have the taxi drop you off at the first taxi stand. You'll be right on the beach. Turn left on the malecon to Tropicante or Tequila Beach club. Turn right on the malecon for Nacional Beach Club, Pez Quadro, and further down Nohoch Kay. Turn around from the taxi stand and go back to the street you came down on, trun left and go 1/2 block you'll see 100% Agave's bottle sign.

To start, I've visited the malecon many times, before and after the storms, but now am reading about all these CLUBS up and down the beach. Can you still just walk in to one of them without booking ahead and get a LOUNGER even if you have to rent? Of course there will be drinks purchased etc. but really would just like to pick when I get there. Also would like your personal recomendation on one that might hold on to a skimboard for the GS while we go for lunch at 100% G. I know it sounds like wanting it ALL, but just don't drink that much for the day pass deal and the 19 yr. old, not at all. Any Thoughts? Thanks, Diane And in advance, thanks for the tip on 100% G as you always have it on spot.

To start, I've visited the malecon many times, before and after the storms, but now am reading about all these CLUBS up and down the beach. Can you still just walk in to one of them without booking ahead and get a LOUNGER even if you have to rent? Of course there will be drinks purchased etc. but really would just like to pick when I get there. Also would like your personal recomendation on one that might hold on to a skimboard for the GS while we go for lunch at 100% G. I know it sounds like wanting it ALL, but just don't drink that much for the day pass deal and the 19 yr. old, not at all. Any Thoughts? Thanks, Diane And in advance, thanks for the tip on 100% G as you always have it on spot.

Grammy, as far as I know, you can walk along th ebeach and select any lounger. The "cost" is typically a drink from the property you are in front of. I know that Tropicante will "hold" your lounger for you if you've reserved it in advance. Not sure about others places. Not sure on skimboards if they're rented or not. If rented, they might hold them or you simply pick them up when you come back. My recommendation is to email Steve at Tropicante and ask him the questions. You might also contact Pez Quadro, which is nearby. Both Pez Quadro and Tropicante have web sites: www.pezquadrocostamaya.com and http://www.sandalsandskis.com/index.html If there are more than just your ship in port, advanced reservations are definitely recommended.

Enjoy your cruise and the malecon

The malecon is at least 6 city blocks long in either direction from the middle. Tropicante and 100% Agave are right near the middle. The walk from Tropicante to 100% was only about 500 feet: Walk to street two buildings down from Tropicante, turn right. Walk one street, turn right. Walk two buildings down and it's on the right.

I think if you could walk out the back of Tropicante, you'd be there!

By the way, for our family of four at 100% Agave:

Complimentary welcome tequila drinks

2 fruit smoothies

3 sodas

1 margarita

Chips, salsa and guacamole

Four full entrees (enchiladas mole, burrito, quesadilla, island chx breast)

Complimentary after-dinner tequila/coffee drinks

Total bill: $29. WOW!

Well just came back and i can tell you we had some tequilla and some drinks but would not eat there. We saw them swatting flys with the spatula. Sorry cant say that it was the cleanest place so passed on the food.

Well just came back and i can tell you we had some tequilla and some drinks but would not eat there. We saw them swatting flys with the spatula. Sorry cant say that it was the cleanest place so passed on the food.

Wow what a bummer, I think this is the first negative post I've read about 100% Agave. We plan on being there next week and will report back what we thought.

Archived