Cabin 9189 on Solstice - Not sure anymore ?

Thechamp555

We're going Dec. 12th for a one week eastern carribean on the Solstice and selected room 9189 on the Pantorama deck.

This is our first cruise for our 20th wedding anniversary.

At our big surprise, we recently have seen comments that this is not a great room because of some obstructed view...:-(

Is there any recommendations for other rooms under the same category , 1B ?

Thanks a lot for your input !! ;)

Germain

Quebec, Canada

We're going Dec. 12th for a one week eastern carribean on the Solstice and selected room 9189 on the Pantorama deck.

At our big surprise, we recently have seen comments that this is not a great room because of some obstructed view...:-(

Germain

Quebec, Canada

Germain, I don't know of any obstruction on Solstice that would affect 9189. Our friends were in 9177 and had wonderful views. I think the references for 9189 are for M-Class ships, not Solstice class.

You will have a wonderful first cruise on a beautiful ship. We loved it.

We'll be on Eclipse while you are on Solstice.:)

lot's of photos of Solstice herehttp://www.depping-design.de/test/index.php?cat=14

• 3 weeks later...
If a problem happen with this cabin at m'y arrival? Is it like an hotel room ? Can I request a new room ?

Thanks a lot for your help ...

Germain

Québec

Canada

You can request it, but you may have to pay any price difference (if it is a higher category cabin). If the ship is full, they won't be able to move you.

Germain

Quebec, Canada

Yes, There are some rooms on your particular cruise that I think would be much better. They are all available and on Deck 8, on the Hump, and very convenient to the aft elevators - up to the buffet, down to the dining rooms and martini bar. No obstructions looking out or down. I would pick one of these -- 8258, 8263, 8267, 8271, and 8275 - all on the Port side, and 8242 on the Starboard side. All these are 1B staterooms. I would go for 8258, the first one on the hump.

Call Celebrity or your travel agent, whomever you booked with - it should be a straight swap.

There are senior and resident rates for that date. I was able to upgrade to a C2 from a 1A and received $300 OBC because I booked before May 17th which is the date the new rules went into effect. You might want to check the Celebrity web site for price drops and maybe you can upgrade.

Archived