Soda/Drink Prices

Am I reading this correctly that a bucket of Bud Light beer is $24 for 4 bottles. For some reason I thought that was for 5 beers. Just questioning for a neighbor who will be sailing Carnival in Jan and drinks that stuff like it was water. :eek: Thanks!

No one really answered this question/comment above ..I just came off of a NCL cruise and it was buy 5 get one free...so 6 Budweiser cost $25...BTW where did you see the 4 beers for $24 anyway

Soft drink card for $51 ...is that for a 7 day cruise or on all cruises we ar going on a 5 day and that would mean my son would havce to drink 25 sodas to break even

Drink coupons what are those ..buy in advance and save type of thing

Thanks in advance

Ed

Soft drink card for $51 ...is that for a 7 day cruise or on all cruises we ar going on a 5 day and that would mean my son would havce to drink 25 sodas to break even

The price of the soda card is based on the number of days of the cruise. The daily break-even for an adult is approximately 4 servings per day.

http://www.carnival.com/cms/faq/default.aspx?faq=soda#q-544436

No one really answered this question/comment above ..I just came off of a NCL cruise and it was buy 5 get one free...so 6 Budweiser cost $25...BTW where did you see the 4 beers for $24 anyway

Soft drink card for $51 ...is that for a 7 day cruise or on all cruises we ar going on a 5 day and that would mean my son would havce to drink 25 sodas to break even No, a 5 day cruise is a few dollars less

Yes, they can be had from the Carnival website. http://www.carnival.com/BonVoyage/Default.aspx?cat=MostPopularItems&page=1

Thanks in advance

Ed

Not sure about the beer, but see red for others.

Now I remember what the "savings" is - the gratuity. If there were a drink valued at $5.25 you would save the cost of the tip.

I understand what the savings is supposed to be, but how do you get a $21.25 value from $21 worth of drinks? Even if you calculated the gratuities in(which are supposed to be included), that would be an additional .79(15%) per drink. So I would think they would want to say it is a $24.16 value.

Not a big deal since I am not interested in them, just my OCD working overtime trying to figure it out. :)

I understand what the savings is supposed to be, but how do you get a $21.25 value from $21 worth of drinks? Even if you calculated the gratuities in(which are supposed to be included), that would be an additional .79(15%) per drink. So I would think they would want to say it is a $24.16 value.

Not a big deal since I am not interested in them, just my OCD working overtime trying to figure it out. :)

That I can't explain. Whoever made up the typeset for the coupons must not have used a calculator - lol!

One thing I do as well is I never buy the soda card while still in port. You will pay tax on it. I wait until we're out in international waters, so I save a little bit. Not much, but every little bit helps.

Also, yes, they did change to the soda "stamp" that goes on your S & S card. I haven't had this yet, so I did forget about reading that. I will be getting mine next weekend though!:)

Happy cruising to all!!

Am I reading this correctly that a bucket of Bud Light beer is $24 for 4 bottles. For some reason I thought that was for 5 beers. Just questioning for a neighbor who will be sailing Carnival in Jan and drinks that stuff like it was water. :eek: Thanks!

Nope only 4 beers per bucket on Carnival!!:eek:

Ed

Answered above and below;)

Its not cheap LOL.. the Mojitos and signature drinks like Long Island Iced Tea are 10 bucks a pop plus gratuity.. bucket of beer.. coors light 160z plastic bottles 20 and change and bud or bud light aluminum bottles 24 and change this is for 4 beers;)

Thanks in advance

Ed

This is the thread that I found the most information on and it appears the cost varies slightly depending on brand of beer. http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=1281318&highlight=bucket

Apparently on CARNIVAL it is buy 4 get one free while as you pointed out on NCL and PRINCESS (from personal experience) it is buy 5 get one free.

Apparently on CARNIVAL it is buy 4 get one free while as you pointed out on NCL and PRINCESS (from personal experience) it is buy 5 get one free.

This is not correct on any of the 10 Carnival cruises I have been on.. unless I missed a special or something.. but it is always 4 beer;)

This is not correct on any of the 10 Carnival cruises I have been on.. unless I missed a special or something.. but it is always 4 beer;)

Many thanks to all for answering my questions even if it means my neighbor is not going to be a happy camper! ;):eek:

I thought that you could use the drink coupons for ANY of the drinks.

Please tell me that I'm right since I just purchased quite a few of them

for our upcoming cruise. :confused:

I would hate to think that I could ONLY get rum/coke or vodka/sour with them...

I thought that you could use the drink coupons for ANY of the drinks.

Please tell me that I'm right since I just purchased quite a few of them

for our upcoming cruise. :confused:

I would hate to think that I could ONLY get rum/coke or vodka/sour with them...

You can use them for any drink, it's just that if the drink costs more than $5.25 the remained is charged to your S&S card.

Archived