Enchantment - Dining Room Food

kente

I have several friends who have sailed on the Enchantment of the Seas recently and have said the Dining Room food is "terrible". Anyone who has sailed recently with an opinion. We sail in November and I am wondering if we should stick to the buffet.

I have several friends who have sailed on the Enchantment of the Seas recently and have said the Dining Room food is "terrible". Anyone who has sailed recently with an opinion. We sail in November and I am wondering if we should stick to the buffet.

The buffet???

No way. Food in the MDR is much better. Windjammer food is prepared ahead of time and kept warm with warming devices and under heating lamps. The MDR food comes directly from the kitchen. No comparison!

Haven't had the Enchantment MDR food, but I suggest trying it once, and then deciding from there. The buffet may be better just because you can look at the food and decide what looks appealing. However, I'm sure that you MDR waiter would be happy to bring you a second entree if your first choice isn't up to snuff.

I think the taste of food is very different from one person to another. I might love something and you might hate it.

I would agree that you should go to the MDR and check it out for yourself. For me I like to sit down and be waited on for dinner so I prefer the MDR.

Have a great cruise!

See if your friends can give you some specifics on what they did not like. Was is poorly prepared, or just a poor selection (or both)? Sometimes the fish is not very good, oddly enough. Occasionally other dishes might not be good. But generally the MDR food is quite good. If you get something and don't like it, order something else. Remember, you are not limited. If you like Shrimp Cocktail, order 2 or 3 of them. I do. Oh, and the chilled fruit soups are usually very good -- try some.

On my Carnival Ecstasy last January, the MDR food was not as good as it has been, but I still found plenty of good stuff to eat. I think you'll be please with the MDR.

Archived