Aft balcony or l-shaped room?

bp traveler

Please help me decide on which room to choose.

Here is the situation: My husband and I and our 4 year old were going to be in one room. The L shaped and Aft rooms only accomodate 2 people but we wanted a balcony big enough to share with as many of us as we can. So we are "placing" our son in the room with Grandma and uncles in an inside room.

Question #1 Do the L rooms have a couch, I know the bed is only a queen in these rooms.

We can get the L shaped room 6459 with a queen and the other group we are traveling with will get an interior room across the hall which is a 4C. We also have a 2 cat upgrade available to an 8c but our other room does not so if we took the bigger balconies on Verandah they would have to stay down a deck not necessarily a big deal.

Question #2 How are the L shaped rooms or would you take an aft cabin on the same deck (upper)?

Question #3 How much better are the cabins on the aft of the Verandah or TA says they are bigger. Would they be bigger than the L shaped cabin?

Thanks so much.

I know the L shaped cabins have the biggest balconies. We were never on one so I wouldn't know. But we did have an aft balcony, these are bigger than regular balconies, but not as big as the L shaped balcony. There was a single guy staying next to us who had the L shaped balcony. He wanted to open up the divider so it would be like one big wrap around balcony but we didn't take the offer. Here for the rest of the cruise we never saw him on that balcony! Only if we knew ;) . But we saw it and it is a real big balcony.

The L-shaped rooms have a 15 foot balcony. They're great for having friends over for drinks. We were next door to friends. We opened the balconies many times during the week-30 feet of balcony. We love the size and shape of the room so much that we made our most recent reservations very early to get those rooms.

We had a L-shaped room on the Destiny and the balcony is definitely bigger than the normal balcony rooms - one of the reasons we got it. Also, the way the room is laid out makes it seem bigger than a regular balcony room. We loved it!

Archived