Booking a future cruise while on a cruise??

Bmaintz

OK, sure this has been gone over but what are the benefits of booking a future cruise while on a cruise???? ________

I know you can get a $100 on board credit per cabin for a 7 day cruise as we did this on our last cruise on the Splendor...

Can you get a better price compared to the "Early Saver" rates (booking 8 to 10 months in advance)....

Can someone give me some imfo who has done this...

Many Thanks

Bob

They give you 100.00 obc and they give you 2 100.00 vochers for family and friends.

adding a FYI the friends and family vouchers have to be booked on the same cruise as you booked and I think they have 60 days to get booked or they expire. they get the same OBC as you do ... depending on the length of the cruise.

PS to call them 100.00 vouchers, same as yours, someone might take to mean they get more than whatever OBC you get. If its a 5 day, you would only get $50 OBC not $100. The friends and family have no value, you dont take $100 off their price.

They give you 100.00 obc and they give you 2 100.00 vochers for family and friends.

They don't "GIVE" you anything. You PURCHASE a future cruise certificate for $100 that entitles you to $100 off a future cruise, and some OBC which varies depending on the length of the cruise and number of people booked (ie: 1 vs 2).

They don't GIVE you anything (other than the OBC)... I wish they would, but alas, they don't. You basically buy whatever you get. Welcome to the real world.

I just used one that we bought in July on a cruise planning to use it next year but booked a cruise for this year. tHE $100 you pay can be used as a deposit, I already had paid ours but they refunded my visa and as a perk, they give you a $100 onboard credit also. They you do get something, at least we did!

They don't "GIVE" you anything. You PURCHASE a future cruise certificate for $100 that entitles you to $100 off a future cruise, and some OBC which varies depending on the length of the cruise and number of people booked (ie: 1 vs 2).

They don't GIVE you anything (other than the OBC)... I wish they would, but alas, they don't. You basically buy whatever you get. Welcome to the real world.

You don't actually get "$100 off" your next cruise, but rather the $100 you paid for the FCC is applied in full to your next cruise, lowering what you owe by $100....the cruise fare is NOT lowered, but instead the money you paid is applied, lowering the balance owed.

You don't actually get "$100 off" your next cruise, but rather the $100 you paid for the FCC is applied in full to your next cruise, lowering what you owe by $100....the cruise fare is NOT lowered, but instead the money you paid is applied, lowering the balance owed.

Didn't mean to start a fight....

We did the $100 deposit while aboard the Splendor last year...

We got $100 credit on our upcoming cruise on the Splendor on Nov. 28th & we should get a $100 on board credit during our upcoming cruise...

SO you spend $100 & get a $200 value...

Geeze, breast cancer, Mom's estate..and hauling out the certificates we just purchased. The $100 is applied towards any cruise. I used one last night. We selected a 6 nite cruise so I don't think the OBC is going to be $100. I have to mail cert in. Since the $100 is applied against the deposit, you are still "ahead" the OBC. BIg smiley Pink Grin

Archived