Ft. Lauderdale hotel with priceline

tigercat

riz ~ Good Morning

Yes I have used Priceline many times including hotels for Toronto and Montreal.

First off I have found that for some reason I have had no luck using a Visa card so if you have Mastercard it works every time.

When you fill out the mailing address you have to fool the system and I usually type my street number on one line and the city on the next and then where it says city type in Ontario and use the drop down arrow and choose California and I use 99999 as the postal code.

On http://www.biddingfortravel there is a section that explains how to bid as a Canadian. If you go to that site they explain all of it there.

Good luck and if you need help just ask away :)

Emmy

Thanks Emmy - you've been so helpful.

Stay warm and try to embrace the snow ! I leave on Friday for Zuiderdam - it just can't get here fast enough.

You are welcome! have a great cruise... less than 2 months for us.

Emmy

Just booked with Priceline for the first time--one night at Renaissance Ft. Lauderdale. When I checked with the hotel website, our reservation appeared, but with a CT. address (we live in WA) and a different credit card than I used. Is this "normal" for Priceline reservations??

Thanks for any help.

Janet

Just booked with Priceline for the first time--one night at Renaissance Ft. Lauderdale. When I checked with the hotel website, our reservation appeared, but with a CT. address (we live in WA) and a different credit card than I used. Is this "normal" for Priceline reservations??

Thanks for any help.

Janet

Janet: could you tell me let me know what strategy you followed to get the Renaissance? Also, what date are you staying and what were your bids. Thanks so much.

We will be cruising out of FLL on the Sea Princess on 11/05/05, I have never used priceline and was wondering how far in advance would be a good time to start bidding?

Seems as though the hotels are pretty booked up for that time already, we just need it for a 1 night stay pre-cruise. Thanks.

FT Lauderdale area is very high for hotel prices, especially during the winter months (thru April). The bid prices through Priceline (many rejects) reflect this. Miami area is a whole different story I have gotten 3 and 4 star during Springbreak season at $40/night!! Might have something to do with Miami being more of a business area and the vacancy rate at the downtown hotels, on weekends, would be high. I tried for 4 weeks to get a bargain price at a 3 star hotel in FT Lauderdale for my upcoming precruise night stay. Bid as high as $65 and was rejected. Then realized I had enough points to get a free night at the Radisson. Took that option.

Well this is my first time using Priceline also and after doing my reasearch on the suggested sites I just plugged in 3*/downtown/$63 for Sep-05 and BAM I got the Marriott Renaissance. $149 total for two rooms. Pretty happy.

Thanks all for the info

Archived