Ft. Lauderdale hotel with priceline

tigercat

Beach zone 4* and $100 I was turned down for April 14-16...added $5- and Downtown Zone and got Renaissance on 17th. The lowest price on the Marriot website was $249- for the same dates. Try one of the help websites (like betterbidding.com or biddingfortravel.com) to get better info than this....I really thought I was going to get the Marina Mariot...it's still a nice deal, though!

I got the Hyatt Pier 66 for our pre-cruise night on Priceline. I bid less than 100. I then got a message saying that if I would bid 22.00 more, my bid would be accepted. I tried bidding half the 22.00, but that was declined. I decided to just go-for-it! My total is 127.00, but I think that it may be worth the extra $$$. On the Hyatt's website, the cheapest is 190.00 and that has to be prepaid. By bidding on PL, we now have one less expense to worry about.:)

I usually bid 3* downtown and beach zones. So far with my short time using priceline I have received the Marriott Hotel and Marina twice and once got the Radisson. I am very happy with priceline and the hotels I have received for the money. Good luck.

Finally I had success this morning for a hotel for April 22..pre cruise before Jewel of the Seas.

I have been trying 3 star Downtown FLL trying to secure Marriott Marina and bid up to 85.00 with no success.

This morning I bid $90.00 3 star Downtown Fort Lauderdale and was upgraded to 4 star Renaissance. I am quite happy with this hotel as I stayed there this past October and staff was very friendly and I was able to ask & receive a room with a view of the port and ships.

I have bid on Priceline previously and stayed at Embassy Suites, Renaissance and Amerisuites...still have not managed a stay at Marriott...one day would like to try it.

Glad that last little detail now is taken care of.

Emmy

Emmy, I also won the Renaissance earlier today for pre-cruise in May. First time trying Priceline and I am excited I did well. Is Priceline another addiction? LOL

On your last stay, did you have two double beds? So you can see the pier with the ships from a higher floor? Which floor did you end up in?

Any comments / tips are greatly appreciated. Thanks

roe2ship ~

yep think Priceline is another addiction... :) Glad to hear you were successful as well. See you are sailing Caribbean Princess...great ship.

This was our experience when we stayed in October before sailing CP. We arrrived at the hotel about 10:30 am and asked if they had a room high up facing the port so I could see 'my ship come in' so to speak. Yes they gave us a room with a king bed but when we went up there the room had not been made up so she gave us the option of a room with 2 double beds with a view so I took it. So to answer you ...yes we had two double beds.

We were on the 10th floor and the hotel had 12 floors..my experience was very friendly staff so just ask about 2 double beds when you check in.

I have included the link to some photos of the hotel.

http://community.webshots.com/album/212442234kLdweF

Emmy

some feedback... i've been slowly incrementing-up my bids for the last couple of weeks - last night my downtown 3-star was accepted for $85 and they even upgraded it to the renaissance (which shows as 4-stars). haven't stayed there previously (i would've liked a nice port view at the marriott marina) but pics from the website make it look very luxurious.

now all i have to do is count the days until this adventure begins! :D

We stayed there the night before our cruise in January and had a room on the 9th floor that overlooked the cruise port. We booked it through Carnival and got a fantastic rate (below $100). The cruise lines block such huge groups of rooms that you can often get a much better rate than trying to find one on your own. It's worth checking into.

roe2ship, I see you've already been on the CP last summer. Does the fact that you're going back again mean what I think it does? Hopefully, you had a fabulous time???

I was the organizer (typical Capricorn trait) of this little family outing, and am starting to get nervous:confused: - I'm the one they'll ALL blame if it's not a good experience.

damn, i'm starting to feel like i got burned at $85. but i won't complain too loudly. i started a bit more than a couple weeks ago with $60, and would increment up $5 twice a week until i had something accepted. guess the renaissance released a bunch of rooms and needed them filled. either way - whether $62 or $85 - it's still a hella good deal for a hotel of that quality!

roe2ship, I see you've already been on the CP last summer. Does the fact that you're going back again mean what I think it does? Hopefully, you had a fabulous time???

I was the organizer (typical Capricorn trait) of this little family outing, and am starting to get nervous:confused: - I'm the one they'll ALL blame if it's not a good experience.

Yes it is our second time. In July it was just me and DH and this time we are taking our 3 children. The ship is gorgeous (of course it's new) no need to worry. I have a website you can look into for some very detailed information about this ship.

www.cruisingthecaribbeanprincess.com

Patti, I am Capricorn too and I LOVE to organize, LOL!! May 7th was the other date we were looking into but decided on the 21st because it was closer to the summer and hoping to get a few more children on board.

My other-sister-who'll-be-cruising-with-us tried Priceline last night and they laughed at her. Apparently, she tried the beach area for $51 - lol! She's locked out for a couple more days, but will try again using the downtown zone. I'll let you know how she does.

You'll be the one they are all THANKING when they have the time of their lives!! Don't worry, it'll be great! :)

Hi Emmy

I noticed you are from Canada and have used Priceline. How are you able to do that ? I would love to but it always says I have to be in the US...and I am in Canada too.

Pleease let me know !

Archived