Ft. Lauderdale ship to airport

ottmar

After we get off the ship, our flight home is not until 5 PM so are there any walk-up shuttles to go to the airport and what to do with the luggage if we decide to see something of the city, or is a taxi best. The airport seem very close to the cruise terminal.

...Ott

We have taken a Princess post cruise excursion once and it was fun and well worth it as our luggage was secured in the bus at all times, we went on an airboat ride in the everglades and then went to flamingo gardens, where there was a little train ride tour, a mini zoo to see there too, then were taken to the airport and dropped off where our plane was departing and given our luggage...made the wait for the late afternoon departing flight much more pleasant.

Not sure what airline you are flying but check your cruise line and see if they have EZ Check where your luggage gets checked on the cruise and you get your boarding pass.

If you are flying Southwest, look for the Bags-to-Go truck outside the disembarkation terminal. They will take your luggage and issue your boarding pass for $10 per bag.

In both cases, you don't have to check in and you go right to security.

Also, airlines will not let you check your luggage in at the airport any earlier than a specified time. SWA is usually 2 hour before flight time.

We are flying AirTran and it leaves at 4:45 PM. I'll look into post cruise trips, but at 3:00 PM we should be at the airport, no?

They will send out paperwork towards the end of the cruise to your cabin outlining the tours available.

There are some tours for flights before 2pm and some for flights after 2pm.

You will finish up at the airport with plenty of time to check in, probably by 1 or 2pm. ;)

After we get off the ship, our flight home is not until 5 PM so are there any walk-up shuttles to go to the airport and what to do with the luggage if we decide to see something of the city, or is a taxi best. The airport seem very close to the cruise terminal.

...Ott

We did an Everglades excursion through Princess.. That way, they take you and your luggage and drop you all off at the airport after it.. It worked out well for us, although the excursion was not the best IMHO!!

We signed up to take an excursion when we had a late afternoon flight in November. Unfortunately Princess closed that excursion early and told us not enough people wanted to go--but there were spaces available in the more expensive option. I think they should have left it open longer to see if anyone else wanted to sign up.

We opted to just wait at the airport. We could not check in until four hours before our flight. We had a couple of hours of waiting in the lobby area. My DH was able to sign on to the airport's Wi-Fi with his laptop. Once we checked in and made it through security, we took time to eat a leisurely lunch at one of the airport restaurants.

All in all, it was not too bad a wait.

I did the Carrie B excursion once when I had a late flight and it made the day so much nicer. Luggage was in the bus and I just toured FLL and took the Carrie B cruise. The only thing was that I'd packed my jacket and wished I'd had it with me for the cruise. It was chilly in the AM. I love EZ Check, too. I do that if it's offered and it make everything so much nicer.

Archived